Do you consider the Novare Coast "wall bug" an exploit?

Aikon

As the subject says, do you consider this "bug" an exploit? Expecially when the person is trying to hide completely in side the wall while trying to cap? IMO, one definition of an "exploit" is trying to utilize a bug to gain an advantage.

However, I'm curious to know what other people think about this "bug." There is a player on my server that repeatedly has taken advantage of the bug. And I report them every time I see it. Who knows what that actually accomplishes, but I feel that it is reportable. Also, I think exploiting this bug falls under breaking the "SWTOR Rules of Conduct", which states:

"To keep the Service a compliant, fun, fair and safe gaming environment for everyone, you may not engage in any of the following behavior:... Exploit any bug in the Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service."

What do you guys think?

It's a tough one I would say. I do it all the time but its not to take advantage of an exploit I'm just trying to avoid the aoes in the bunker and trying to be as sneaky as possible. They just need to fix it so your nameplate still shows when you are too far in the bunker. It's not like I'm going to adjust my position and waste time when going for a cap, I camo in run until I can't run anymore then click the button.

The only problem with a nameplate-only bunker fix is we still can't click the nameplate to target the corner capper. :roleyes:

Now if we could target with a nameplate click, then proper nameplate display would make it legit.

You can still click on people capping in the corner though.

Well you know that if there's someone in that corner once the node is yours, it's most likely an enemy, since an ally wouldn't need to be in cap position.

If you see anyone in the corner, check.

I think all those people moving augments in and out of their gear every warzone are still playing and meanwhile someone is complaining about a guy hiding in a corner, who afaik is still succeptible to all forms of death field/lacerate/overload/death from above/orbital strike/smash/ need I go on. If you see the console light up it means someone is capping, I can't imagine a death field placed in the center of the bunker would miss anyone.

kind of. I think it's far more bs than /stuck, which is an actual feature. this is taking advantage of a glitch. but like the d-bags who superQ, calling it cheating won't stop ppl from doing it.

Considering it's just the ungodly skinny body types that can take advantage of the wall and corner bug, yes I consider it an exploit.

I know it's only the skinny ones because I tested it on my body type 4 female toon. I can't even cap standing right at the counter, I have to take a step or two back to start capping. But yet I see these little stick men and supermodel women standing on it and capping, standing in the wall and capping, and standing in the corner and capping.

Considering it's just the ungodly skinny body types that can take advantage of the wall and corner bug, yes I consider it an exploit.

This. BT 1&2 get way too many geometric advantages. (Remember that holocron that only a BT 1 could get to for a while?)

"and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service."

Did you just break the TOS then?

BW: There is nothing wrong, move along.

Just to be clear: I think the game is perfect, it has no flaws and is completely exploit free and has always been.

Edited by easeyway

"and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service."

Did you just break the TOS then?

BW: There is nothing wrong, move along.

Just to be clear: I think the game is perfect, it has no flaws and is completely exploit free and has always been.

I did.. :confused: I wonder if this will ever be addressed or "fixed."

• 2 months later...
i font know if this has to do with the bug you're talking about but i descovered another glitch in novare coast. basically if you're an agent or smuggler you can use scamper(scoundrel), exfiltrate(operative), high tail(gunslinger), or covered escape(sniper) to get past the minefield and explore the area past that

I know it's only the skinny ones because I tested it on my body type 4 female toon. I can't even cap standing right at the counter, I have to take a step or two back to start capping. But yet I see these little stick men and supermodel women standing on it and capping, standing in the wall and capping, and standing in the corner and capping.

If it only works for some (i.e.: one body type) then YES it is an exploit and bug. They fixed the "broken door" entrance on Alderaan that used to prevent body type 4 from getting the datacron; so they need to fix this also.

If it only works for some (i.e.: one body type) then YES it is an exploit and bug. They fixed the "broken door" entrance on Alderaan that used to prevent body type 4 from getting the datacron; so they need to fix this also.

Incompetence.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.