[Cybertech] - I've lost hope on Commando Mods/Armoring

ElweSingollo

I've got a Jedi Shadow that has reached mid 20s and skill around 200 in Cybertech. I sadly realized that I cannot get any Commando Armoring or Mods skills through the skills trainer. I'd like to fill up an alt character with all things Commando. Sadly there are no artifact Commando items to be found in the Galactic Market on my server.

Is this common?

Is there a solution? (A place to learn Commando building skills)

Any help is greatly appreciated. I searched the current threads for clues but came up empty. Apologies if this is a previously well-covered subject.

I think most people go for Reflex while leveling up, since it will give you a bit more damage. The extra endurance is pretty pointless for storyline PvE.

Thanks for the quick response, but it doesn't really answer my question.

To give a little more detail, my first and only MMO previous to SWTOR was Tabula Rasa. All craft-able items were available in a given skill group. I don't know how other MMOs work, but this seem equable.

I do not have an interest in fastest-possible leveling-up - I want to enjoy the game, including the crafting and side story lines. I'd like to catch a few secrets along the way on my own, and I'd like my characters to have the highest possible chosen stats while I do this. Part of my enjoyment is in doing it my way as opposed to a formulaic leveling-up. I don't think focusing on Endurance with a secondary Aim for a "tank" is outrageous.

So, is there anyone who knows how to get Commando crafting schematics? Are the weekends better times to skim the galactic market? Weekdays? Specific in-game vendors? I'm looking to buy or craft artifact level mods.

Thanks again in advance for your answers.

Best,

E

It's entirely possible they don't exist in game. I'm pretty sure the green-level quality versions don't exist at a low level.

The blue-level ones can be bought from planetary comms, but I'm not sure if you can RE them or not to get the purple quality versions.

Try buying a Commando armoring 4/5 from the Coruscant vendor and see if you can RE them.

Thanks - appreciate that. I have seen a few artifact/purple Commando Mod/Armoring in the Galactic Market, so I have to believe they can be obtained in some way - all seem to be re-sells, but I'll check the few I have gotten so far for crafter names. The problem is that the items are so scarce that I might only get one artifact level item per level group (eg, only one artifact Commando Mod on sale on the GM for levels 19-23 during the week on my server).

Thanks again - I will try your suggestion.

Best,

E

Commando armoring, mods, barrels, etc are all craftable, but not at lower levels. They don't start as crafting schematics from the trainer until the level 33 or so versions.. The lower level versions exist, but they are all from different and much more unreliable sources. Planet commendation vendors as mentioned, npc drops, mission rewards, etc. Hence the rarity.

Most of the purple/artifact ones at lower levels that I've gotten have been from heroic 4's and world bosses and the like.

Edited by Naelidaan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.