Returning player, what has changed PvP wise?

Tsazao

I quit month after launch, like many. I'm valor rank 57 with full pvp gear, full champion set, still lvl 50.

So first thing I did was try a warzone, turns out I was getting 2-3 shot most of time. What could have changed so much that this is happening? And what should I know for future?

Maybe ironic, but here's an old picture: http://i.imgur.com/J9c1Rw1.jpg

Edited by Tsazao

Champion gear is basically the worst possible thing you could wear in a warzone right now.

You basically want the best PVE gear you can get for your level until you hit 55, when you can start getting pieces that have expertise on them that are equivalent.

I quit month after launch, like many. I'm valor rank 57 with full pvp gear, full champion set, still lvl 50.

So first thing I did was try a warzone, turns out I was getting 2-3 shot most of time. What could have changed so much that this is happening? And what should I know for future?

Does the champion set still have expertise? If so, get ride of it and replace it with level 50 PvE gear. Or just fill the slots with any cheap level 10 green gear you can find. Any expertise gear other than the lastest Conqueror/Partisan sets will get penalized from bolster in warzones. Basically, if there is even 1 expertise anywhere on the gear, you get no bolstered expertise for that gear. With no expertise gear, before hitting 55, I had 2004 expertise post-bolster, 14 points below the new 2018 maximum. (After hitting 55, each piece I replaced with Conqueror/Partisan only resulted in a 1 expertise increase post-bolster). There's a bolster penalty on high rated PvE gear, but you shouldn't have to worry about that at level 50. (You don't have to worry about it until the item rating of your gear gets above 152, as I understand it.) If you fill all your slots with low level greens, you should get enough bolster to be competitive. If you leave them empty, there's a penalty for that, so make sure you put something in every slot even if it's only a level 19 light side relic. If you want to twink, the Rakata set from the Classic vendor is probably pretty good, although I haven't actually don't extensive testing to be sure the level 10 greens wouldn't get bolstered more.

Edited by Dawncatcher

Between a month after launch and now basically everything changed, changed back, and changed again.

People will point to your gear first but your old scores prove you weren't one of the people that relied on gear to carry you.

But builds, rotations, skills have all changed alot too. You're going to have the re learn your class a bit. See how you have to modify your old rotations for the new skills.

Basically expertise is a level 55 stat. Until max level you dont want it on your gear for warzones. Champion gear is way outdated. You can still use the shell if you like the look, but re mod it with pve mods.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.