New Customisation in 2.1

DragonXmate

If you're starting a new character, it would be cheaper to make a placeholder for your name, then delete it on Tuesday and start over. Cathar unlock is 600 CC, but changing species is an additional cost on top of the unlock.

when the new patch comes out i want to make a cathar commando, if i start that character can i then change it to a cathar with full customisation options?

You'd be be better off doing what MythosHero suggested: Creating a placeholder and deleting it on Tuesday to make your Cathar. Either way you will have to pay the one time 600 Cartel Coin fee to unlock the Cathar on your account, but to convert an existing toon to a different race is an additional 800 Cartel Coins. To do it the way you initially suggested will cost 1400 Cartel Coins.

Edited by nshotsman
Clarification

You'd be be better off doing what MythosHero suggested: Creating a placeholder and deleting it on Tuesday to make your Cathar. Either way you will have to pay the one time 600 Cartel Coin fee to unlock the Cathar on your account, but to convert an existing toon to a different race is an additional 800 Cartel Coins. To do it the way you initially suggested will cost 1400 Cartel Coins.

where did you find that pricing?

800 CC? Seriously?

Please tell me you are joking. There's no way in hell I'm spending that much on my Merc.

800 CC? Seriously?

Please tell me you are joking. There's no way in hell I'm spending that much on my Merc.

That is to change the race of a character and gain full recustomization of features. In other words.. a complete do over. I can't imagine many people really would do this unless they have a very mature capped character that they want to move to a Cathar immediately after patch.

Personally... I'd rather just level up a Cathar, and get a chance to experience the story arcs as the character levels...see what is different. But I'm sure there are people that will do a full race change.. and if they will spend thousands of coins on cartel content anyway... 800 is chump change to them.

Also... this is probably one of the bundled customization offereings coming in the Kiosk. Not sure if that is a discounted price for subs or the list price... have to wait and see.

Edited by Andryah

I was just wondering if it was going to be possible to take an existing toon and just change their race....figured that if they did give us such an option that it would cost us. Didn't know how much...thanks for telling me ^^. I figured being able to take an existing character and then just change their race to Cathar would be a lot easier than just making a new character lol.

Well, for one thing, I don't see any source for the 800 cc pricing anywhere, so I don't know if it's legit.

But personally, I am shocked it's that cheap, considering WoW race changes are $25 and I figured they do something closer to that.

But personally, I am shocked it's that cheap, considering WoW race changes are $25 and I figured they do something closer to that.

Oh, it was always a given that character recustomization would be pricey, even prohibitively so, but I'm stingy.

But, you're in saying that they guy with the figure hasn't come back with a source yet.

Well, for one thing, I don't see any source for the 800 cc pricing anywhere, so I don't know if it's legit.

9) For players who don’t want to start another toon, you’ve mentioned the race change will be available, allowing people to change their current human or Sith Warrior into a Cathar. Is this an additional fee or will it be included in the Cathar unlock purchase? If it’s a separate fee, what is the cost?

Changing Species in the Appearance Designer will always incur a charge. The charge to change your species (whether from Human to Zabrak or from Sith to Cathar) is always the same and is independent of the cost to unlock the Cathar Species itself. Note that once the Cathar Species is unlocked, it is available for your account and will not have be to unlocked again. The cost to change your Species is 800 CC for Subscribers.

Source: http://www.gamingface.com/interview-with-bioware-on-the-introduction-of-the-cathar-player-race-with-patch-2-1-in-swtor/

This source confirms the 800 is the subscriber price. Non-subs will have to pay more (queue: the statements made by Bioware about subscriber prices being up to 50% lower). So nonsubs could pay up to 1600 for the same thing.

Edited by Andryah

While it's nice that Bioware have offered all this information to fansites in an attempt to be more "in" with the "community", why can't they flipping link them on the main page or on the forums? I haven't even heard of most of the sites they're talking to.

While it's nice that Bioware have offered all this information to fansites in an attempt to be more "in" with the "community", why can't they flipping link them on the main page or on the forums? I haven't even heard of most of the sites they're talking to.

IMO, faster to google for the info then go chasing links on the website here.

IMO, faster to google for the info then go chasing links on the website here.

I'm not even go to try arguing with you the idea that Bioware should be at least letting us know that this information exists or that they've been having these interviews, because I know exactly what your replies will be. Let's just agree to disagree.

I'm not even go to try arguing with you the idea that Bioware should be at least letting us know that this information exists or that they've been having these interviews, because I know exactly what your replies will be. Let's just agree to disagree.

I'm always OK with agreeing to disagree Tatile. :)

I'm totally with Tatile here. This website gets tons of traffic and just a dev post linking a site that has the interview would be a win for everyone. The webpage gets their hits and Bioware makes sure that the customers are informed. It seems ridiculous that this is not done.

I'm totally with Tatile here. This website gets tons of traffic and just a dev post linking a site that has the interview would be a win for everyone. The webpage gets their hits and Bioware makes sure that the customers are informed. It seems ridiculous that this is not done.

Unless, of course, it's about free renames... Then Bioware makes sure customers are misinformed.

Day 3, still annoyed.

Unless, of course, it's about free renames... Then Bioware makes sure customers are misinformed.

Day 3, still annoyed.

It's in Bioware's best interests to keep us uninformed or misinformed :p You can pass the complaints off as "user error" that way.

First of all, the devs did post the links to the fan sites with the interviews on this website. It was in the latest community round up, down at the bottom in the Fan Site Spotlight section, linked here: http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-round-may-2nd-2013 Now if after reading all of the information and comments about the cathar, design kiosk, and dye modules you still want to question the validity of my posts go right ahead. Everything I have said is found on those sites CONFIRMED by the devs. Some of us have been following the developments of this patch since they were first hinted about last month. The reason we are so informed is because instead of just looking at the swtor mainpage or general discussion forum and drawing conjectures from pessimistic rumors we actually use google (or bing, etc) and research things on our own. If I had a Cartel Coin for every time some one in this forum has asked about the pricing, or gender switching, or how dye modules work, etc I could probably purchase the Cathar unlock without my monthly stipend. Make a little effort people. Seriously. Edited by nshotsman

Yes, they even mentioned ahead of time that they would be posting a list of all the fan sites that included interviews and such. And I even have read that very page, but for some reason I didn't see the part where they specifically listed the price. So reader failure, here. :)

Ugh. I might as well re-roll and get the gender I wanted instead. 800CC my slightly numb foot.

get the gender you wanted? you realize gender change isn't, and was never, going to be available in this update? there will be no going from male to female with this update.

get the gender you wanted? you realize gender change isn't, and was never, going to be available in this update? there will be no going from male to female with this update.

Yes, I know. That's why I was going to change my Chiss Mercenary into a Twi'lek Mercenary. Because the very first thing Mr. Musco told was that gender would not be included in the Character Recustomization. So I made a decision, to have a Twi'lek Female Mercenary instead of my current Chiss Female Mercenary. But I don't want to spend 800CC on making my Chiss Female Mercenary into a Twi'lek Female Mercenary, so I'll re-roll (maybe) and have a Male Chiss Mercenary.

Because Mr. Musco told us back when the Character Recustomization was announced that we wouldn't get gender changes. I even replied to his post. And it's not just "this update", it's "never ever, forever".

Edit: You know, I'm really trying to fathom your response. I even stated that I would be re-rolling to get the gender I wanted. Do you know what re-rolling means? It means making a new character. As in, going to the Character Creation Screen and making a new one. At Level One. That doesn't happen through the Kiosk, that's not a Cartel option.

So, by the fact me saying that I need to make a new character to get the gender I want means that I already know that you can't change gender in the Kiosk.

I know, because I read Mr. Musco's post on it.

And, by the way, it's Female to Male I wanted. Female character gone, like *poof* sherbert, to Male character.

Edited by Tatile

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.