Trooper Companion Stats - Bonus Damage - Strength / Power

BongoBB

Hi,

I'm thinking of gearing up a couple of my Trooper companions but notice that bonus damage is a multiple of Strength and Power when I hover over the character stats.

Elara Dorne and Aric Jorgan for instance show this, I thought it would be aim and power?

Cheers

BB

Well why are you looking at the melee attack tab for a companion that has no melee abilities what so ever?

Yes, if you have selected melee tab then it will show bonus damage gained from strength but that is what they would get melee bonus damage from if they had any melee abilities but they don't, so strength does literally nothing what so ever to them.

Maybe look at the ranged bonus damage next time, and actually have the ranged tab selected in the character window.

Well why are you looking at the melee attack tab for a companion that has no melee abilities what so ever?

Yes, if you have selected melee tab then it will show bonus damage gained from strength but that is what they would get melee bonus damage from if they had any melee abilities but they don't, so strength does literally nothing what so ever to them.

Maybe look at the ranged bonus damage next time, and actually have the ranged tab selected in the character window.

Are you this condescending and abrasive in real life, too?

Or do you save it for the anonymity of the Internet where there are no repercussions?

Hi,

I'm thinking of gearing up a couple of my Trooper companions but notice that bonus damage is a multiple of Strength and Power when I hover over the character stats.

Elara Dorne and Aric Jorgan for instance show this, I thought it would be aim and power?

Cheers

BB

You may have accidently checked the wrong tab. A friend of mine has a trooper and all his companions stats says aim.

You may have accidently checked the wrong tab. A friend of mine has a trooper and all his companions stats says aim.

You dont even need to change to melee/ranged/force/tech drop down (unless i'm misinterpreting what you said). Just hit C to open up the character sheet and on the left you will see strength, presence, aim, cunning, endurance and willpower. Just mouseover those and it will give you the info you need.

If you mouseover strength, aim, cunning and willpower each one will have something there regardless of your class. Most comps will come with some gear when you first get them. Just look at their armor to get a general idea what kind of stats they need. Qyzen Fess for example? he is a melee tank but his gear has aim. And if you mouseover his stats on his character sheet look at his aim and strength. Strength gives him Melee Damage Bonus and Melee Critical Chance. But if you hover over his other stats especially Aim you will see that it also gives him the same Melee Damage Bonus, Melee Critical Chance stats AND a whole bunch of other stuff. So clearly you want stat for him...same concept for other comps.

EDIT: also rule #1 of figuring out stuff on the internet and in programs and stuff. Mouseover is your friend and dont be afraid to click on stuff unless of course it says 'delete', 'please confirm' and 'are you sure'.

And dont worry about eternalnight i think i remember him (her?) from a year or so ago posting on here and he/she has always been a grouch. You learn to filter out the BS portions of his post, or even entire posts hehe.

Edited by swtonewbie

D'oh good call on the tabs lol, it keeps changing back to Melee for the companion. Aim and Power showing on the ranged tab. Now to get the ranged damage bonus better than 471.

Cheers.

Edited by BongoBB

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.