D.I.C.E. Visceral and Bioware are making Star Wars Games.

Magnusheart

According to Machinima channel on Youtube, which is a very good vid btw ill link it.

D.I.C.E. known for making bad company and battlefield. They are going to be using the new Frostbite Engine to rumored to be making the previously cancled Star Wars Battlefront 3.

Visceral known for Deadspace. Are currently rumored to be picking up Star Wars 1313.

And lastly Bioware is going to remain supporting Swtor, and the rumor of the long lost Kotor 3. (not the revan book) The abandoned lost story altogether which would of featured the Mandalorian homeworld. Could be picked back up.

For those who don't know about the Frostbite3 Engine it is used on Battlefield 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3EGaFmNLyA&list=PLZLTS4u9M_2rPFsdbdY7xL8oAApgU0Zar&index=6

With EA granted exclusive rights another Bioware Star Wars RPG, likely several, are guaranteed at some point.

And on the plus side, they can make a full series next time - unlike when KOTOR was handed to Black Isle/Obsidian because Bioware was working on Jade Empire.

Edited by maxetius

You forgot about Obsidian they want to team up with BioWare :)

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Obsidian-Would-Like-to-Work-with-BioWare-on-New-Star-Wars-Game-351663.shtml?utm_source=ForumSoftpedia&utm_medium=ForumSoftpedia&utm_campaign=ForumSoftpedia

The only worry I have about all this is , which BioWare team or teams will be working on such games , I mean will SWTOR get less attention now ? It's the only worry I have really though as a new SW MMO would surely take at least 5 years to make.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

You forgot about Obsidian they want to team up with BioWare :)

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Obsidian-Would-Like-to-Work-with-BioWare-on-New-Star-Wars-Game-351663.shtml?utm_source=ForumSoftpedia&utm_medium=ForumSoftpedia&utm_campaign=ForumSoftpedia

The only worry I have about all this is , which BioWare team or teams will be working on such games , I mean will SWTOR get less attention now ? It's the only worry I have really though as a new SW MMO would surely take at least 5 years to make.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Bioware are huge, i think its only austin who do swtor. We have another lump of bioware who do the new mass effect, the new dragon ages, command and conquer etc. EA have basically made bioware there flagship rpg studio so god knows how big they are. I dont see them making a new sw mmo though.

Edited by Shingara

Bioware are huge, i think its only austin who do swtor. We have another lump of bioware who do the new mass effect, the new dragon ages, command and conquer etc. EA have basically made bioware there flagship rpg studio so god knows how big they are.

Yeah that's fair enough , I wonder if Ultima Online will be put on the back burner too ? Maybe I'm worried for nothing then really.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

What do you mean by back burner, i thought it was still running, what are they doing with it.

Well i mean maybe they might stop working on the remake that they are currently working on , not sure how far they have got with it as haven't heard anything for a few months.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Is Bioware actually making a NEW Star Wars game or it's just a misunderstanding coming from official EA/Disnbey presser? As far I gathered, EA/Disney meant that BW will just keep working on TOR and that only DICE/Visceral begin new projects

well normaly bioware shut up about something when they are deep into it and have been told say something and you die by ea pr team.

Ah ok that makes sense :) No worries then , really would like to see battlefront 3 that's for sure and 1313 looked and sounded very promising.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Old news, but BF3 is virtually done - if they redo it that would just be one of the most /facepalm things I've seen lately; hell Star Wars: Frontline was kind of far too.

Then the whole a handful of domain names were created lately with star wars titles.

This is all old news, but Visceral is not picking up 1313. It's rumored that they will be doing something similar to 1313.

This isn't a Metal Gear Rising situation, because in this case Visceral won't be using any of the existing tech, art assets, etc, from 1313, but will instead be making their own game.

It's been stated that none of the games will be adaptions of the upcoming films, but it sounds like all of them will be set in the Episode 7 era. If this is indeed true it would mean Bioware (Montreal) would be making a game not set in the KOTOR era, which really wouldn't be a surprise at this point. While many people may want a proper KOTOR 3 Bioware may be at the point where they are ready to move past it, especially if they're told to.

You can still find some of the Battlefront 3 videos that are out there. I am very excited that they will be picking this back up and on top of it using the newer engine with better graphics/detail for it. I cannot wait for it to come out.

You can still find some of the Battlefront 3 videos that are out there. I am very excited that they will be picking this back up and on top of it using the newer engine with better graphics/detail for it. I cannot wait for it to come out.

Yeah, I hear ya.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.