Dyes only for crafted gear ? Really ?

Shoogli

I'm guessing that's a mistake, hopefully :

Modify the color of your armor sets with Dye Modules which can be applied to all crafted gear above Level 15 !

From the game updates page...

That would mean : CM gear, PVP gear, Quest oranges, High-end PVE gear, etc... couldn't be dyed ???

Hopefully it's a bad wording...

:jawa_redface:

Not sure why the line about crafted gear is there. The restriction is apparently only for <15 gear and certain KotOR-based sets.

Either way, God forbid they make crafted gear something that would be in demand.... :rolleyes:

I think its the bad wording, since in earlier Q&A with dulfy, they specifically said that cartel armors will be dyeable as well. also - some of the examples of dyed armors are most certainly NOT crafted (one of them is no longer available sorcerer tier set - no clue if tionese or columi, since the only visual difference between the 2 in a first place was color)

only Lore armors are excluded, and that's usually armors inspired by specific characters from KOTOR (as well as imperial trooper shiny set - restored triumvirate)

Nothing in there does it say you cannot die regular armor. It's already assumed that you will be able to dye the regular armor obviously. If you could only dye crafted armor it wouldn't read

Modify the color of your armor sets with Dye Modules which can be applied to all crafted gear above Level 15 !

it would read

Modify the color of your armor sets with Dye Modules which can only be applied to all crafted gear above Level 15 !

But they haven't said it that way. They are just reminding us that it can also be applied to crafted gear above level 15. No need to sweat :)

There's stuff posted all over on this....but it's not limited to crafted gear. You can dye all CM gear (except about 6 or so KOTOR lore sets). You can dye any Orange, Purple or Blue gear which is level 15 or above. You can also dye all crafted Green gear that is level 15 or higher. For some reason, they released most of this info through fansites. Check here at Dulfy's site for more info about it: http://dulfy.net/2013/04/26/swtor-armor-dyes-and-appearance-designer-kiosk-details/ and http://dulfy.net/2013/05/01/swtor-patch-2-1-dyes-modules-qa-with-bioware/

I think its the bad wording, since in earlier Q&A with dulfy, they specifically said that cartel armors will be dyeable as well. also - some of the examples of dyed armors are most certainly NOT crafted (one of them is no longer available sorcerer tier set - no clue if tionese or columi, since the only visual difference between the 2 in a first place was color)

only Lore armors are excluded, and that's usually armors inspired by specific characters from KOTOR (as well as imperial trooper shiny set - restored triumvirate)

O.O Wait, what?! I can't dye my Restored Triumvirate Boots? Thankfully they still allow unify color with them.

I'm guessing that's a mistake, hopefully :

From the game updates page...

That would mean : CM gear, PVP gear, Quest oranges, High-end PVE gear, etc... couldn't be dyed ???

Hopefully it's a bad wording...

:jawa_redface:

You read the statement as "exclusive" in nature. I read it as "inclusive", with a stipulaton of level minimum on crafted gear.

Not that either read matters.. because it's been made clear here: http://dulfy.net/2013/05/01/swtor-patch-2-1-dyes-modules-qa-with-bioware/ for more then a week that it's not just crafted gear, and not just gear over level 15 that is dyable.

2. Alot of cartel market outfits and reputation outfits are below level 15, will these be dyeable? Can you give a list of lore outfits that are not dyeable?

All Cartel Market outfits (with the exception of Lore gear) will be dyeable, regardless of item level.

Lore outfits that do not have Dye Module slots include the KOTOR outfits inspired by:

· Bastila Shan

· The Last Handmaiden

· Carth Onasi

· Darth Malak

· Jolee Bindo

· Triumvirate Armor

Additionally, the Revan armor set and the Mask of Nihilus are also considered Lore gear, and do not have Dye Module slots.

Where have you been?? :p Dulfy is a must read for upcoming content patches. :D

Edited by Andryah

O.O Wait, what?! I can't dye my Restored Triumvirate Boots? Thankfully they still allow unify color with them.

that's what makes inclusion of that set odd, at least IMO :/ I mean... even in KOTOR it came in a variety of colors if I remember correctly, plus we already have color matching, so..

but oh well /shrug.

who's to say the other colored set won't be in the next pack?

That would be my quess as well. They are retaining control over color on the lore gear for subsequent pack releases.

With match to color.. I'd like to see more content in the packs be chestpieces if they are going to lock the color of them. We are flush with other pieces and can color match to chest so no need for duplicates IMO. Have armor crates that have two different chest pieces instead of a chest and another redundant pair of gloves.

Edited by Andryah

I can't seem to find an answer either way, but have the devs said anything about the orange crafted level 11 sets? You know, the ones that look like the first set of gear you get on your starter planet? As far as I know those are the only orange crafted gear below level 15, so I am hoping (but not holding my breath) that they were just not mentioned.

I absolutely love my Inquisitor's Dark Acolyte robes, but it would be nice to have the option of dyeing them charcoal grey or some slightly lighter color. He looks skinny enough without the slimming effect of all black. :p And the Drelliad Jacket for Smugglers is just classic and would look so nice in a color that is more interesting than brown.

But... it won't be.... cause it all looks like ***...

Or has really unfortunate names like "Marauder's Pulsing Gloves." :p

That implies way more than I ever wanted to know about the life of a lonely Marauder.

Where have you been?? :p Dulfy is a must read for upcoming content patches. :D

Oh don't worry, I've known about Dulfy's since a looooong time. And I've followed every tiny bits of conversation about the dye system... And you know it !

Now it's not like Devs never make confusing or contradictory statements *cough* on one of your very own post recently *cough* so let me ask you :

Where have *you* been ? :jawa_wink:

Edited by Shoogli

although... suddenly, this is making me wonder about recoloring sets like scalene O_O. i guess I'll see how it would look this tuesday

For sets like Scalene, it's "simple", you'll be able to recolour the main and secondary parts, but as with any other pieces of gear that has a "lighting" layer : this layer remains untouched. You can test with unifying : preview for example the scalene leggings then preview various chest-pieces (make sure you have unify checked for the pants on your character sheet) and you'll see what can be dyed or not really.

TLDR : all "lighting" remains whatever the colour changes

A couple examples :

- No matter how you dye this chestpiece the lights on the shoulders and ribs will remain untouched.

- or say you want to unify this belt : the lights will remain untouched.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.