What is the point of my $15 a month?

kanaughty

To the OP: Stop paying your 15$ a month and you'll notice what its for...

You dont NEED a cathar race. You dont NEED the Eradicator mask. You dont NEED anything in the Cartel Market really.

And yet you get 500 (or even 600) complementary cartel coins each month to spend on the frivolous fluff that you can get from the CM.

Not only that, but almost anything that is available in the CM can be bought for in-game credits in the GTN.

If its not available there when you look for it, just give it a few days and it most likely will.

If not, just ask around and see if anyone wants to spend some real life money for in-game credits. Then they can buy the items you want and sell them to you for in-game credits.

You dont HAVE to spend a dime over the 15$ a month that you spend as a subscriber.

But what you are asking for is different. What you want is free stuff just because you are a subscriber. Not even stuff that you have to pay in-game credits for, no, you want stuff for FREE.

Thats entitlement.

Thats just you being a greedy little *******.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow someone ask for more stuff for his money and the only thing he/she gets is a whole horde of fanboys attacking.

The reason of why people still paying subs is because there are critical features that cannot be bought with credits or cartel coins. Those missing features could make the game very frustrating and EA/BW is taking advantage of it.

So answering the OP question, the point of your $15 are these "little" stuff like the credit cap, the teleports, the probes, ingame discounts and the stuff that work as "consumables" from the cartel market like passes.

So the people really interested in the game (loyal customers) should subscribe and, instead of use the stipend to buy CM items, use it to pay the new features. (and if you want those CM then buy CC, - briliant!).

Please consider that we as subscribers are paying you to develop all these new fun things. And if we have to pay extra for fun then why are we paying the big amount of $15 a month?

False premise.

You like it or not, subscribers money is also being used to develop the game. Unless you prove that all that money go to a separate account just to maintain the servers and pay the original investment.

OP merits the same reply every other "sub costs too much for what it gives" thread: if you think subscribing is too expensive, go Preferred and buy CC a la carte.

False advertising and bad advice. There are subscriber features that don't exist in the CM, plus it's a way more expensive for a "normal" person. If the advice is good intended (which I doubt so) it should say the OP to go preferred and buy unlocks from the GTN with credits.

That's a bad example in my opinion. Having bought everything off of the Blizzard Store for in-game items in WoW (mini-pets and mounts), it goes to all of my characters, on my entire account (regardless of server). In 2.1, I have to pay for that.

You're ignoring the fact that a mount in the Blizzard store is $25 while the mounts on the SWTOR market are $13-18 depending on which CC bundle you buy.

lol!

The Darth Vader business plan...

"I am altering the deal, pray I dont alter it any further"

Reading this, I think this game is Star Wars through and through. Very Lucasian of EA, I now understand their business model completely. No more complaints from me. Well played, EA, well played.

You're ignoring the fact that a mount in the Blizzard store is $25 while the mounts on the SWTOR market are $13-18 depending on which CC bundle you buy.

And you're ignoring the fact that extra $7-$12 grants it on all my characters. The best 2.1 is going to do is grant access to all characters on one server. I'd rather pay $25 and have account wide, versus $13-$18 (plus whatever extra to get it server wide). Once again, the competition does it, and does it better in my opinion.

And you're ignoring the fact that extra $7-$12 grants it on all my characters. The best 2.1 is going to do is grant access to all characters on one server. I'd rather pay $25 and have account wide, versus $13-$18 (plus whatever extra to get it server wide). Once again, the competition does it, and does it better in my opinion.

No, all characters on all servers.

Your $15/month pays for the development of new content and features that you then have to pay for, again.

Then when you re-buy what you already paid for, you are subsidizing the many thousands who are playing for nothing so that their presence can pad the account numbers to improve the perception of the game's popularity.

Feel better now?

And you're ignoring the fact that extra $7-$12 grants it on all my characters. The best 2.1 is going to do is grant access to all characters on one server.
Collection unlocks are account wide, just like other cartel account unlocks

Collection unlocks are account wide, just like other cartel account unlocks

I stand corrected. Collections are account wide, after you pay to unlock that ability, with the price varying per item. At that point, we will be able to compare it. While it'll most likely be cheaper than Blizzard's store for WoW (can't honestly see being charged $7-$12 for this ability), it is still quite a bit more than DCUO's cash shop. Add on the charge for race changes, color changes, etc, etc, DC Universe Online does it better (and has since launch / addition of cash shop). Which gets back to what I have said for awhile, the competition does it, and does it better.

Edit: and this is comparing to another F2P MMO

Edited by jason_ralph

Which gets back to what I have said for awhile, the competition does it, and does it better.

Apparently not better enough to stiff SWTOR and steal all it's customers.. Oh, wait... we are talking about fluff here again, not playable content.

Simple solution: Either cope with it.. or play the competition.

Those are two logical choices for adults to work with when confronted with something they don't like and have no actual control over.

Complaining about it in a gaming forum does nothing except perhaps give you a 30 second slot in the internet forum fame game.

I stand corrected. Collections are account wide, after you pay to unlock that ability, with the price varying per item. At that point, we will be able to compare it. While it'll most likely be cheaper than Blizzard's store for WoW (can't honestly see being charged $7-$12 for this ability), it is still quite a bit more than DCUO's cash shop. Add on the charge for race changes, color changes, etc, etc, DC Universe Online does it better (and has since launch / addition of cash shop). Which gets back to what I have said for awhile, the competition does it, and does it better.

Except WoW, the biggest competition on the market. BW already said the maximum cost to account wide unlock something will be 600 CCs. So if you bought the $40/5500 CC pack the most it would cost you just over $17 to buy a mount and unlock it for the whole account.

Let me ask you this, as I don't play the game, can you resell store items for in-game currency to other players in DCUO?

Edited by DaRoamer

Apparently not better enough to stiff SWTOR and steal all it's customers.. Oh, wait... we are talking about fluff here again, not playable content.

Those are two logical choices for adults to work with when confronted with something they don't like and have no actual control over.

Complaining about it in a gaming forum does nothing except perhaps give you a 30 second slot in the internet forum fame game.

Why is it you have to get rude and snarky? I have not said anything other than express my opinion, and had no problem admitting I was wrong. This was pointed out when I said it was server, not account. I do not treat others that way, and ask for you to stop.

Yes, it's fluff. I have bought the all the fluff on Blizzard's store for WoW. I have bought all the fluff stuff on the cash shop for DC Universe Online. Star Wars: The Old Republic is one of 3 MMO's I currently have a subscription too. I do not see the harm in pointing out, as a consumer and customer, where a competitor does it, and does it better. It does not matter if it is a new house I recently bought, a new sports car, television, I can keep going. Yep, "it is just fluff". It is about getting the best deal for what I spend my money on. Nothing more, nothing less.

In regards to the stiffing Star Wars: The Old Republic of its customers, that is conjecture. At least from my point of view. I do not believe Star Wars: The Old Republic is neither doing as bad as the forums would have me believe, nor as good as the forums would have me to believe. The truth, in my opinion, lays some where in the middle.

Except WoW, the biggest competition on the market. BW already said the maximum cost to account wide unlock something will be 600 CCs. So if you bought the $40/5500 CC pack the most it would cost you just over $17 to buy a mount and unlock it for the whole account.

Let me ask you this, as I don't play the game, can you resell store items for in-game currency to other players in DCUO?

Nope. It probably never will be either (based upon what the developers have said). The most anything has ever cost on their store is $9.99.

Edited by jason_ralph

Nope. It probably never will be either (based upon what the developers have said). The most anything has ever cost on their store is $9.99.

Right and I bought one of the 1800CC mounts for about 900,000 credits on the GTN because SWTOR allows you to resell items from the market. So it cost me $0. On Tues I can use my free coins I get every month to unlock it for my whole account which costs me an additional $0.

Seems like a great system to me.

False advertising and bad advice.

True advertising and sarcastic advice, since what the OP is really saying is "Gimme more for my sub fee just because I want it."

There are subscriber features that don't exist in the CM

Wonder why that is.

plus it's a way more expensive for a "normal" person. If the advice is good intended (which I doubt so) it should say the OP to go preferred and buy unlocks from the GTN with credits.

CC or creds, same difference (all based on player choice).

I love it people call you out for being rude. There is nothing rude about your post.

Some people can't handle the truth.

Edited by Arkerus

Right and I bought one of the 1800CC mounts for about 900,000 credits on the GTN because SWTOR allows you to resell items from the market. So it cost me $0. On Tues I can use my free coins I get every month to unlock it for my whole account which costs me an additional $0.

Seems like a great system to me.

The system is great, from your point of view, as one who has that much credits. I do not have, nor will I ever have amount across my account. Ever. I do, however, have quite a bit exposable income outside of the game, and have no problems pointing out the system is not great from my point of view.

The system is great, from your point of view, as one who has that much credits. I do not have, nor will I ever have amount across my account. Ever. I do, however, have quite a bit exposable income outside of the game, and have no problems pointing out the system is not great from my point of view.

If you have that much disposable income outside the game, you have a virtually unlimited source of in-game creds.

If you have that much disposable income outside the game, you have a virtually unlimited source of in-game creds.

I thought of printing credits so to speak that way. However, the broken economy in DC Universe Online is why I haven't.

I love it people call you out for being rude. There is nothing rude about your post.

I personally wouldn't tell someone to be quiet or leave for expressing their opinion. I apologize if pointing that out offended you.

Edited by jason_ralph

Why is it you have to get rude and snarky?

Pointing out that it's fluff and not playable content AND presenting adult level options with respect to how to address something that is outside your control is neither rude, nor snarky.

Trust me.. when I decide to get up in your face and snarky.. you will know it right away, and without any ambiguity.

I have not said anything other than express my opinion

Neither have I. ;)

Edited by Andryah

Indeed. :)

It was probably the truth part that pushed buttons. I don't know the OP well enough to know for sure though.