Bonus Quest Warning

Kolskeggur

Okay. One thing that have annoyed me immensely, is the multi-stage quests where you get bonus quests that may or may not be restricted to one stage in this multi-stage quest. Very common in the planetary storylines. It's bad enough that I feel that I need to complete all the bonus quest stages before even proceeding with the actual mission... Just because I don't want to click on something in the main mission and *poof* it goes to be another stage and the bonus quest I was doing went poof.

It just happened to me on Quesh, during the quest where you gotta go into the Three Families Palace. I had a bonus quest for it, I went into the palace where the last stage was, it was off in a room out on the left so I decided "I can as well just bring down the Throne Room Forcefield and then go do it). Yeah nope, that didn't work. Because as soon as I had clicked the main quest objective, the bonus quest disappeared. I think you can imagine how pissed off I got by this.

Anyhow, this isn't solely a rant, rather, I want to put in a suggestion.

On quests, especially those multi-stage quests with multi-stage bonuses, there should be some kind of warning when you try to proceed with the main objective saying for example "Warning: you have an active bonus quest that will be abandoned if you continue".

Because personally I don't find it particularly fun when I always have to worry that those mutli-stage-bonus-quests will go *poof* when I click on an objective... it's hit or miss on whether it will. I can't really believe it's intended that you shouldn't have a clue.

I agree. I would like to know if clicking on a console would effectively finish the quest chain, or if i need to return to someone after the clicking the console so that the bonus would still be available.

Agree. I'm like you, I do the bonus first now. So I'll end up killing 30 soldiers in area 1 to do bonus, then have to go kill another 30 on the way because I didn't know when the bonus would end.

Personally, I would just change it so no bonuses are abandoned until you hand in. If there is a second bonus, it can stack (as some do in FPs).

Yeah, I'd like a warning as well if I was going to loose my bonus mission. But as the other person replied, they should make it so your bonus missions dont abandon at all until you officially turn it in to the quest giver or terminal or leave the planet, etc.

• 4 months later...

the bonus missions, especially for quesh planetaries, should be completely untied out of main mission progress, and, preferably, have their objectives for killing tuned down (this is not aion where we farm 30 npc for a quest)

there is already code for this, just disable autocompletion and tie all the bonuses to some terminal, like turning in some loot from bonus boss.

Edited by elstaar

Ya know, I have to agree with this. I don't always do the bonus missions but when I do decide to do them I'd hate to have what can be a sizable amount of XP lost because my bonus mission was ended early by a quest objective.

This is actually a really good idea OP.

Edit: Or you could add an element to this as well with a timer that is started if you hit the objective before completing the bonus. It of course would vary in length of time base on the requirements for the bonus. But say you hit that objective for the force field to the throne room and 5 minutes start ticking down to finish that particular bonus. Or 10 minutes for a bonus with more objectives required.

Edited by Hyfy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.