Rage spec in SNV?

paowee

It feels like Rage spec, for me, was more useful than Vengeance in this instance (ran 8-man and 16-man). Dashroode and Titan are great as Rage. I'm on Sniper duty for Thrasher so i spec rage for that as well. Olok is great as rage and you can position yourself so you smash 2 droids during phase 2. Cartel warlords may be better as Vengeance for more single target DPS. But padding the meters can be done as Rage if you can smash on multiple bosses lol..... And finally Styrak.... I bet the target resets will be annoying due to DoTs being cancelled but I have not tried Veng on this boss yet.

It feels like Rage spec, for me, was more useful than Vengeance in this instance (ran 8-man and 16-man). Dashroode and Titan are great as Rage. I'm on Sniper duty for Thrasher so i spec rage for that as well. Olok is great as rage and you can position yourself so you smash 2 droids during phase 2. Cartel warlords may be better as Vengeance for more single target DPS. But padding the meters can be done as Rage if you can smash on multiple bosses lol..... And finally Styrak.... I bet the target resets will be annoying due to DoTs being cancelled but I have not tried Veng on this boss yet.

Pretty much sums it up.

People sleep on Vengeance's ridiculous AoE capabilities.

Free Smash followed by Sweeping Slash spam is no joke.

If you're just concerned about add duty, it's something to consider.

People sleep on Vengeance's ridiculous AoE capabilities.

Free Smash followed by Sweeping Slash spam is no joke.

If you're just concerned about add duty, it's something to consider.

I agree with this, but the inverse is true as well... People are often too quick to discount Rage's single target damage.

Juggs are in a great place at the moment in that all of our specs are completely viable, and the damage output between both of our DPS specs is pretty well balanced - in both AoE and ST damage.

With S&V specifically, the top parses have a mix of Vengeance and Rage Juggs (primarily Veng at the moment, but I think we are starting to see more Rage parses show up). Really though, I don''t know that I would say that one or the other is better, though there are certainly fights that allow for Rage to put up bigger numbers. Dash in particular. However, the extra damage is largely meaningless in that fight.

Pretty much sums it up.

That's it?

16-m HM Dashroode = Smash crits = big help to raid = padding the meters

Titan-6 = dispatch those pesky probes faster = big help to raid = padding the meters

Thrasher = on sniper duty = faster those guys fall = big help to raid = padding the meters

Olok the Shadow = Smash on adds that are right next to each other during P2 = padding the meters

Same concept on 16-m HM Writhing Horror

Same concept on Op-IX.

You make it sound like Rage smash is meaningless :(padding the meters.

Edited by paowee

That's it?

Titan-6 = dispatch those pesky probes faster = big help to raid = padding the meters

Thrasher = on sniper duty = faster those guys fall = big help to raid = padding the meters

Olok the Shadow = Smash on adds that are right next to each other during P2 = padding the meters

Same concept on Op-IX.

The question becomes whether or not having RDPS on add duty is better for your raid than having you do it?

There's no real way to tell. I'd compare current parses but oddly enough, it isn't working like I'd thought. Loufucai (Rage Jugg) and I (Ark'smash'em) trade #1 and #2 on 16m HM S&V. But on Titan 6 he does add duty, but doesn't on Thrasher, etc. So I did more ST dmg to Titan 6 but he has overall lead, on Thrasher he does more ST dmg and I lead overall.

Currently, as stated, they both perform just fine in AoE or ST situations. Loufucai at 1 point had a dummy parse 100 DPS higher than mine, but now I have 1 like 150 DPS above his. In AoE trash pulls I do between 3k-5k DPS, and could do huge numbers if I was on add duty in a boss fight. Let's be honest though, the fights where Rage would clearly pull ahead are number padding sorts of fights where adds happen to spawn close to the actual boss. In those situations I would ST the boss still while Rage's primary damage dealer will hit everything (i.e. Dash'roode).

The question becomes whether or not having RDPS on add duty is better for your raid than having you do it?

For my raid i guess it wouldn't really matter because we are on alts and we take what we can without min-maxing class and roles.

There's no real way to tell. I'd compare current parses but oddly enough, it isn't working like I'd thought. Loufucai (Rage Jugg) and I (Ark'smash'em) trade #1 and #2 on 16m HM S&V. But on Titan 6 he does add duty, but doesn't on Thrasher, etc. So I did more ST dmg to Titan 6 but he has overall lead, on Thrasher he does more ST dmg and I lead overall.

Currently, as stated, they both perform just fine in AoE or ST situations. Loufucai at 1 point had a dummy parse 100 DPS higher than mine, but now I have 1 like 150 DPS above his. In AoE trash pulls I do between 3k-5k DPS, and could do huge numbers if I was on add duty in a boss fight. Let's be honest though, the fights where Rage would clearly pull ahead are number padding sorts of fights where adds happen to spawn close to the actual boss. In those situations I would ST the boss still while Rage's primary damage dealer will hit everything (i.e. Dash'roode).

Thanks for the input. Do you not upload your logs to torparse? would be nice to take a peek at em :D

For my raid i guess it wouldn't really matter because we are on alts and we take what we can without min-maxing class and roles.

Yeah my guild doesn't necessarily either, we tend to have more RDPS than MDPS though, and when we did the last tier of serious content (HM TfB@50 and NiM EC 16m) we had all of 2 MDPS, 3 max.

Thanks for the input. Do you not upload your logs to torparse? would be nice to take a peek at em :D

Yeah, just look up Ark'smash'em on torparse, you'll see plenty of them.

Edited by arkitip

That's it?

Same concept on Op-IX.

I was kidding, mostly. As I said in my second post, the two specs are very comparable in damage numbers, with Rage getting a boost on fights that provide aoe targets. In my raid group, I don't have add duty. On Dash, I stay on the boss while our Sorcs and Mercs take adds. On Titan, I am lucky to get Smash and one or two S.Slashes off before they die. On Thrasher, we rotate groups that go topside, and while 9k smash would be nice to drop on 2 at a time, it's far from critical. Maybe its because we don't have any weak links in DPS, and we have folks to handle AoE duties, that I don't see Rage as this amazing wonderful spec.

It is a good spec. It is an effective spec. It appears that it is about even with Vengeance. I actually like running it some, but I still prefer Vengeance in a raid setting. Ultimately, that just comes down to comfort. I'll be in S&V on Tuesday looking to push Ark's numbers a bit. I'll be in Vengeance and there wont be a single time where I wish I was running Rage instead.

Edit: If you want to try and sell the AoE damage boost on Dash as anything other than padding, I'm afraid that I just cannot concede that point.

Edited by ssfish

Tell me that smash isn't Overpowered in rage. Seriously

tell me that with all the bugs surrounding PvP and bolster at the moment that anyone can predict where the dice will fall.

Stop nerfing my raids for your broken PvP.

Love you. :)

Astellon - The Shadowlands

"Your friendly neighborhood rage jugg"

Tell me that smash isn't Overpowered in rage. Seriously

It isn't.

Smash is so easily countered, but people tunnel in on their target and ignore their surroundings. And really, it only becomes an issue when 3 or 4 jump into the same group and smash. If 3 or 4 of any class target you, you are going down my friend, won't matter what they are. (It just might take a moment longer is all.)

I was kidding, mostly. As I said in my second post, the two specs are very comparable in damage numbers, with Rage getting a boost on fights that provide aoe targets. In my raid group, I don't have add duty. On Dash, I stay on the boss while our Sorcs and Mercs take adds. On Titan, I am lucky to get Smash and one or two S.Slashes off before they die. On Thrasher, we rotate groups that go topside, and while 9k smash would be nice to drop on 2 at a time, it's far from critical. Maybe its because we don't have any weak links in DPS, and we have folks to handle AoE duties, that I don't see Rage as this amazing wonderful spec.

It is a good spec. It is an effective spec. It appears that it is about even with Vengeance. I actually like running it some, but I still prefer Vengeance in a raid setting. Ultimately, that just comes down to comfort. I'll be in S&V on Tuesday looking to push Ark's numbers a bit. I'll be in Vengeance and there wont be a single time where I wish I was running Rage instead.

Edit: If you want to try and sell the AoE damage boost on Dash as anything other than padding, I'm afraid that I just cannot concede that point.

On stat priorities, you want all power as rage and some crit with vengeance right? I'd like to do some more research befroe i dedicate all my comms into buying the wrong mods/enhancements. :(

On stat priorities, you want all power as rage and some crit with vengeance right? I'd like to do some more research befroe i dedicate all my comms into buying the wrong mods/enhancements. :(

I am shooting for zero crit on my Vengeance set to start, but I plan on picking up some Crit enhancements once I get my main set done to test and compare. Right now I am sitting at 20.52 melee crit in Vengeance (26.96 Force crit). I am thinking that the difference between 25% crit and 20% crit is going to come down to RNG more than anything else.

I've raided at level 55 as both Veng and Rage, and saying mocking smash in rage spec is just hypocritical. Its your #1 damaging attack, sure, because you have multiple abilities that add to it. So what do we call veng spec then? lolravage spec?

Both trees have multiple abilities that add damage to the one of if not the highest damaging attack that the tree utilizes, though veng is getting alot more bleed damage these days, especially on fights like dash'roode.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.