Alderaan won with zero team kills (normal) TOFN

mintaz

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

I've actually been a part of a Ranked team that did exactly that in Civil War, lol. We had a PUG for the most part against a solid team, I'll see if I can dig the screenie up tonight. :D

This warzone is a complete fail atm...

Stacking tanks + heal

Firsttap east or west = win

Other team wont be able to get a turret against a team of heals and tanks (ingame respec to heal/tank)

Edited by Tharianus

Shows how ridiculous objective style pvp is. Lets all meatshield to knock people off an objective, for 20 minutes. No skill required, no team work required. You just need a tool on the opposing team to get tunnel vision and a ninja cap.

Same with voidstar.

Same with Novare.

Only one that resembles any co ordination is Hypergate, and that's because if you meatshield, they gain points. Which is how it should be

Nothing more than a role-player (objective) victory, personaly if I was on a team that died that many times I would consider it a loss, deaths should affect the war zone outcome more than turrets tbh, the result should be a combination of the two.

Another reason why this game needs a bunker assault style map instead of the crap they serve up to us time and time again here.

what????

Warzones is not only about killing ppl

If kills was all it matters then you wouldnt have healers neither tanks to heal you and guard you while you dps....

Objective type WZs is the best this game has.... because 1 player can make a difference and balance the unbalanced matchmaking....

Combination of brains+skill+roster+experience is what wins and its great instead of i win because i can kill....

Everyone can kill but not everyone can keep 2 nodes or protect 2 doors ;)

Edited by Princz

what????

Warzones is not only about killing ppl

If kills was all it matters then you wouldnt have healers neither tanks to heal you and guard you while you dps....

Objective type WZs is the best this game has.... because 1 player can make a difference and balance the unbalanced matchmaking....

Combination of brains+skill+roster+experience is what wins and its great instead of i win because i can kill....

Everyone can kill but not everyone can keep 2 nodes or protect 2 doors ;)

That is what baddies who can not kill anyone tell themselves, it does not matter if your a healer or tank you can still kill anything just about in 1v1 if your have the skill and can outsmart your opponents.

That is what baddies who can not kill anyone tell themselves, it does not matter if your a healer or tank you can still kill anything just about in 1v1 if your have the skill and can outsmart your opponents.

Pvp without objectives would be a. very stressful and b. very boring imo. Call me a "baddie" if you want, but I absolutely hated matches like that in battlefront 2 while playing online. It feels the same like killing mobs instead of doing quests to get xp, expect that these mobs might be able to fight back a bit more.

WZs are not 1 vs 1

I love when i am against ppl like you ..... i will bring a friend to lure you away from the turret so you can 1 vs 1 him while i ll be capping the turret behind your back .....

and lol @ what baddies tell themselves .... you have analysed baddies a lot i see ...was it through self critisism?

Edited by Princz

hey just checking in to clear up the backstory to this one

we started off by capping middle and lost both sides

i went snow and ninja capped as our gunslinger drew 2 defenders away from the fighting (go for the kill lol!), elsewhere most of my team were running around like headless chickens basically just dieing a lot (but i'd imagine they'd call it 'distracting the opposition').

almost 60 seconds after we capped snow we lost middle ... so i thought screw it, i'll see what's happening on grass. got there (in stealth) to see my team pretty much walking single file towards the opposition in droves ... somehow, don't ask me how considering we scored zero kills, we managed to take grass (maybe a couple of their defenders peeled or we were attacking grass - i couldn't tell?)

we eventually lost grass after a heavy fight and we had a couple of ppl quit at that point because it was pretty obvious we were getting owned. and most frustratingly they took it back when we were 80-150 up (d'oh!)

i just happened to be taking the grass speeder back to join the fight when we lost it, and for whatever reason nobody on their team saw me drop from the speeder and enter stealth, and they all proceeded to run to the middle where the lemmings had decided to try to cap middle (and die horribly trying).

the gunslinger who helped take snow came through the tunnel with a speed boost on, and acted (? or maybe was genuinely confused?) like he wasn't sure if he wanted to engage the two sorc defenders or not. After what felt like forever (was probably only 3 seconds or so), both sorcs decided to engage by jumping down and chasing him down ... and i ninja-capped for the win

i have to say there was ZERO communication from the PUG all match other than me asking for help on grass... but it was by far one of the best games i've had since launch. just goes to show that a couple of ppl with their wits about them really can make a difference under the most extreme situations which I think is a good thing (but shows the ridiculously poor level PUGs play at most of the time)

and in saying that i will admit that i have never done a rwz, and i always pug WZs 100% of my login time, so i'm not elitist lol

-Honey

and as a side note : yeah my connection SUCKS in pvp, has done since 2.0 (funny that!)

Reminds me of a pug game I had a while back. The opposing team had a premade, but because of stealth annoyance and timing (in the alderaan game), we ended up winning, though we were out killed, healed and damaged.

It's not a matter of people complaining about that game kills should matter or that objectives should matter more, but rather a balance of both... Especially if you want to follow the rules of the game (ie. use the turrets to take down the enemy's ship).

lol

Im pretty sure your quote is what baddies tell themselves after they lose war zones.

Im a healer, in what world should I ever be killing people 1 on 1? If I started death matching as a healer, Id be a baddie.

Its not about whether I can kill someone 1 on 1, its about whether killing someone 1 on 1 will result in my team achieving an objective. If the answer is "Yes", then I will kill them 1 on 1.

But seeing as 99% of the time the answer is "no" then I am going to do whatever it takes to win the warzone. Even if that means spawning on speeder, running into node, aoeing to stop a cap, knock back to stop a cap, standing in front of node letting 6 people target me to pop defensive bubble at the last second, sitting in bubble watching them gleefully thinking they are going to cap only to interrupt at the last second.

You could have 6 DPS in the middle of Alderaan (assume you have lead and put 2 on side to be safe) and if they're good players they've a decent chance of always having someone alive to prevent the other side from capping, especially if the other side has a typical 2/2/4 team as they'd only have to worry about 4 DPS at most. Throw in a healer there (or 2) and nobody would ever take that turret. Dying doesn't even matter, because the chance of getting all 6 people in middle to die at the same time is extremely low, though of course people don't really die in 2.0 anyway if you got healers on your side.

It's not so much as the design of those WZs are bad but that it's difficult to have a meaningful game around objectives if nobody is dying. Even if you removed the side speeders, it won't change the 10-0 first cap wins Alderaan scenario. There's no speeder back to mid in a hurry, and in these cases mid won't even be capped. Nobody's going to attack side cannons because even if there's no side speeders, the natural is still closer to the defender's respawn. If you can't push the enemy out of mid, what makes you think you can push them out of a turret where they have a small advantage?

Shows how ridiculous objective style pvp is. Lets all meatshield to knock people off an objective, for 20 minutes. No skill required, no team work required. You just need a tool on the opposing team to get tunnel vision and a ninja cap.

Same with voidstar.

Same with Novare.

Only one that resembles any co ordination is Hypergate, and that's because if you meatshield, they gain points. Which is how it should be

This is my problem with warzones. It's a PVP game where kills don't even matter. Hypergate is the only warzone that currently makes kills meaningful.

Hell, in some cases dying is rewarded. Ever took the huttball accross an acid pit, 2 fire pits, a long narrow passage that people can easily knock you off of past 8 enemies only to see all 8 of them respawn in front of you at their goal line? Yeah, it's pretty stupid. And don't get me started on the random doors.

Edited by JP_Legatus

This is my problem with warzones. It's a PVP game where kills don't even matter. Hypergate is the only warzone that currently makes kills meaningful.

The problem isn't that kills don't matter. The problem is that in a match between highly skilled teams, you can't get kills. Or at least they happen so infrequently that they can't overcome the "respawn and run back to the node defended by tanks and healers" strategy. The defense dominates the attack in this game. That's why nothing interesting happens in three (Voidstar, Novare, Alderaan) out of the five maps. And Hypergates is rapidly moving to the same stalemate scenario because people are figuring out that defense always wins.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.