Concerned about population levels lately

FourPawnBenoni

because theres absolutely nothing about pvp in this game that would get casuals to keep playing/trying it, so the population stays equalized until the old timers leave, and no new blood takes their place.

The pvp experience for someone who decides to just click that little icon on the mini map and give pvp a try is so shockingly bad that they leave after 1 WZ and never come back.

To truly experience what most players experience when trying pvp, you basically have to solo queue, in a pure PUG, with minimal gear besides bolster, and see how much fun you have... and then it will become very clear why theres no new blood to replace the people who have left (mostly because they are frustrated).

Its basically the same player pool playing on both factions keeping pvp afloat.

Its basically the same player pool playing on both factions keeping pvp afloat.

This is true on shadowlands as well, 4 imp guilds and 2 pub guilds are keeping pvp alive there. If you que impside expect to pvp against ID, Physics, Woops, or NexAngeles which are imp guilds. If you que pubside you'll face the same guilds as above and same players, the only difference is once in a while you'll get into a premade on the pub side.

Just to test this ( i normally play pub side ) i que'd on my imp, honestly i'm not that great at pvp unless i'm on my sage but i que'd up on my juggernaut, ( 55's ) just to see what it was like. Prime time....6matches....all imp v imp near insta que. Then when i que pubside, it's a 5-10 minute wait sometimes for a single que. I'm not complaining, just pointing out that pvp is dominated by imps on shadowlands. When I que in a PUBpremade, i will get a near insta que against a premade from who else, ID, physics, Woops, or N.A..

As much as imps make me want to puke i'm tempted to go pvp over on the imp side from now on for faster que's. Luckily i can turn gen chat off while i wait.

It used to be 1-2 merc commandos with a few good ones. Now all melee DPS are at a loss. I am seeing teams of 6-7 Sorc/Sages/snipes/gunslingers continually in the top for dps and heal and capping. I am even taking screenshots to verify this. With the stuns evades and numbers of players using them a good dps is still good but they do not get the same damage in unless they wait for the newer player to charge and then hit the depleted toons. Good for them but not the team.

Speciality classes that used to be fodder to other classes now rule for average to good players, limiting the playable range of classes to everbody but the very best. I want to play my favorite toon in both pvp and pve and know what weaknesses to work on. Right now with bolster and equipment changes some classes have no real clear cut direction for the average player while others are significantly more dominant with qn easier learning curve and rewards in WZs.

So for the average to new player if your toon is doing better and your personal placings are higher you play more even if you are pretty good and you see non dps classes continually getting higher or as close to dps than you and your number of medals has dropped you play less.( Law of averages so watch the hate).

Also not depending on your class, nobody knows what specs in abilities and equipment do because of bolster. The idea of making a more even playing field has really taken awat the methods a player without the fastest eye hand or internet connection could give their toon an edge. (admitting the gap was a pain) I continually watch my character get run around in circles with basic attacks failing becsuse of latency (still below 150) loosing the target.

I do think more folks will just build up other classes and we will get used to the newer ways to play. So after that hopefully there will be an increase.

Only thing that would keep many new pvpers after 2.0 was a let down, is a decent open world system. Not new lore. Not new achievements. Not new cartel stuff.

And also, open world pvp would stop half the whining about class balance, 2.0 healing, etc etc.

POT5...seeing A LOT of the same people in war zones, over and over. This used to be pretty rare for single random queue's.

It's the same on Bastion!!!!!!.................................. at 4 am when most people are sleeping. It's a whole different story at peak times.

In the weeks leading up to 2.0, many people were coming back to the game and getting excited for the new content. Now that content is a month old, and it was fairly disappointing (not just PVP... Makeb was pretty lackluster too), so those people are retreating into other games.

I am a noob at this game (main guy at lv 38, 2ndary guy at lv 21 or 22) and I love the pvp. Maybe its because I haven't played long enough to see pvp die, but playing as my lv 21 sniper is really fun. Except for when 6/8 of the people in my team are snipers on voidstar. That is no fun. :)

People are not happy with 2.0 changes (bolster) and bored with the same 5 WZs. Some are leveling alts waiting for bolster fix while slowly capping comms. There was also tons of people grinding gear before xpac but since you don't really need pvp gear to pvp anymore they just don't queue as much now.

BW needs to give us new WZs (not another AHG) and fix/remove bolster from 55s or it's gonna get even worse soon.

Edited by Isislol

no expert at pvp in this game and wont pretend to be but EA has a poor record on understanding what people want in pvp generally . if you log into warhammer online you will get what i mean . warzones where successfull when first introduced as a pvp format in games generally but everyone is used to it now and its lost its luster .

only way to save pvp in this game is to to shut down ilum and completely revamp it into a pvp open world with capturable objectives that make an impact on the whole game .lets people win pvp resources in the new ilum that means building better defences and buildings like mines that could increase i dunno a new currency that only guilds gain and spend .

and lastly imho get rid of expertise . it was designed supposidly to protect pvpers from getting ganked by raiders but we all know thats a garbage outlook .somone who is in pvp everday will become expert in a way a raider never will be and all it does is makes people think twice before going i have a half hour spare .i will pvp abit .

trust me even non pvpers atm would be tempted to play in the new ilum if it ment buying a new guild unlock that enhanced his crafting crit chance or whatever

Im not seeing what you are on POT5. I rarely ever recognize anyone in the warzones and I play everyday for hours ..

Same experience here. I have one toon on Shadowlands and one toon to just hit 55 on Pot5. It feels like bolster, or whatever other reasons exist, has helped to include more people to queue up in non-rateds at least. Thanks.

I just noticed that although everyone talks about community being important, the best WZs are the ones where you have no idea who is on your side or their side, because if you actually know who all these guys are, that usually means those are the last 16 guys on the server that still play.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.