Character Creation Process: How it should've been.

veyl

To me, Neverwinter = a place in Forgotten Realms-books, a series of books by R. A. Salvatore or a book in the Neverwinter-series by R. A. Salvatore. None of the above had character creation. Unless you think that R. A. Salvatore should create our characters, and I'm afraid that he's far too busy for that. And I wouldn't trust him to create nice looking females anyway.

Please clarify.

If you don't feel like watching the youtube video:

10 categories ranging from all the facial features to body size. Each category then has multiple slide bars to create a more in depth character.

It is just an entirely more customizable character creator that everyone should expect in this day and age when it comes to building a character. (not to mention the personal background info...but being a D+D game, you'd hopefully expect that).

The TOR character creator is a generic and boring thing. Even though some dont like to hear it, even SWG's character creation process blew this games out of the water. During beta, there were 20+ threads about character creation and how "basic" it was and nothing changed.

Well I don't think SWTOR needs all those bells & whistles. Custom descriptions would be kool, but you can make your character your own just fine with what's currently in place. It would be nice to have a more custom facial constructing aspect, but other than that I don't really see what else needs be added.

Well I don't think SWTOR needs all those bells & whistles. Custom descriptions would be kool, but you can make your character your own just fine with what's currently in place. It would be nice to have a more custom facial constructing aspect, but other than that I don't really see what else needs be added.

I would rather see bodyshaping over face sculpting, it's rare that you get to focus on people's faces outside of group convos. It's really hard to tell people apart if you have 5 Sith Marauders running around in Eradicator's armor with only 4 body types.

I keep saying it should have been just like Star Wars Galaxies. Initial creation was limited, but when you went a Image Designer Entertainer the full range of options was open and it was amazing what you could do! I think the color pallete for Twi'leks was like 200. You could make a Twi in just about any shade of any color you can think of. Here? Six, maybe seven colors. I mean, what the hell is that crap?!?!?!?!

After watching the NW video, Bioware NEEDS to build a new system for the kiosk they are adding and give it all those options and then some. NW did it right, Bioware failed hard.

Ugh, that's just something torturing to watch. Not because it's bad, but because it looks so cool and TOR has let me down so badly lately... Almost feeling like paying a little visit to that version od Faerûn and checking it out.

But yeah, something like that would be pretty cool in TOR. Probably won't happen, though. But since it is "EAware" now, they could have always made some bit better character creation section. EA has a pretty nice character creation in their sims games, after all.

If you don't feel like watching the youtube video:

10 categories ranging from all the facial features to body size. Each category then has multiple slide bars to create a more in depth character.

It is just an entirely more customizable character creator that everyone should expect in this day and age when it comes to building a character. (not to mention the personal background info...but being a D+D game, you'd hopefully expect that).

Yeah Cryptic Studios is really good in character creation aspect(Champions online,Star Trek online,and now Neverwinter).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.