wind crystals

tgokovenant

Has anyone else noticed a strong increase in rarity for wind crystals? I've been sending out my companions constantly for the last 3 days, and all I get back is fire nodes. A couple weeks ago, it would always trade off, like 50/50 fire nodes and wind crystals, but lately, I receive very very few wind crystals. (On average 1 to 2 drops per 10 missions or so). And due to this, being a grade 1 gem, they're way over priced on the gtn now. Is this a bug, or purposeful, or what? Any thoughts / advice would be greatly appreciated. I've even reached out to my guildies to send any my way, they're not receiving many either.

Edit: going to take up TH on my main and see what kind of results I get with vette since she has +5 Crit

Edited by tgokovenant

Also, I understand that right now is not the prime time to be asking questions. I have a Jedi sentinel, a Jedi sage, a sith juggernaut and a sith assassin. How can I best set them up to benefit each other? I'm doing artifice, synthweaving, and cybertech. How can I best arrange the different skills, accounting for different companion efficiency, to maximize output? I'd truly appreciate any responses. I'm somewhat new to crafting

Edit: I'll be researching different companion efficiencies and try to work this out on my own, but please don't hesitate to post ideas as I think I won't be the only one to benefit from this information.

Edited by tgokovenant

The degree of difficulty your having right now is pretty much what I've experienced for over a year now. - they normally drop from about 1 in 10 missions.

I'd say that in the past you've been exceptionally lucky with your TH mission criticals from level gemstones.

The degree of difficulty your having right now is pretty much what I've experienced for over a year now. - they normally drop from about 1 in 10 missions.

I'd say that in the past you've been exceptionally lucky with your TH mission criticals from level gemstones.

Thanks for replying. It just seems off to me because it's "only" a grade 1 gem used for low level color crystals. I guess I'll just have to level up artifice further and buy some higher level schems from the trainer

The purple quality mats are pretty rare from all of the mission skills.

I wouldn't bother with crafting low level purple quality gear for yourself, you just out level it too quickly & it doesn't provide the stat bonus to justify the high mat cost.

But it can be a big bonus to your crafting to just sell the low level purple mats at a very high price on the GTN.

Setting up 4 toons with 4 different crafts to support each other. I'd level the artificer & the cybertech first. And then on the synthweaving character I would take slicing instead of UT. The armor crafts don't use too much of the UT mats, and the fully leveled cybertech could grind those much more quickly. By taking slicing you get yourself a built in supply of crew mission discovery items & the mats for augments and aug kits.

Edited by Cleet_Xia

Thanks for your reply :), I've changed up my main to only gathering. Making lots of credits and sending mats to my other toons. Yesterday was very profitable. Although I spent 6 hours in game gathering instead of questing lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Just popping in to say I've been having a bit of luck with wind crystals today - been running the rich and abundant missions and have 10 wind crystals so far. Prior to today I wasn't getting any wind crystals, so don't know what's going on but I'm not complaining lol! Thank goodness because I sure refuse to pay 8K for 1 wind crystal.

It doesn't bother me how rare they show up. Only send your TH crit companions on those mission. They take what? 5 min? and only send them on rich or bountiful missions. I make a nice chunk of change every week selling wind crystals or lvl 7 epic crystals. If one side of the market gets inflated, I switch to the other side. In fact, grade 1-3 are my most consistent sellers. I'm not making bank mind you, but I'd say about 200k a week.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.