Overpower Sorcerer/Sage

ovidiusflo

Ello there, can you do something about that sorcerer, because they just stay and heal, and we cant kill them, or know they are tanks and dps in light armor, seriously? i will stop giving my money on this game, if you will not doing something about that, sir, you change my vanguard skill tree, you low hes dps, and now a damn healar can't be killed. Please go 10 mins in a warzone and you will see, and why i never see a Gm on, when i ask for one?

Ello there, can you do something about that sorcerer, because they just stay and heal, and we cant kill them, or know they are tanks and dps in light armor, seriously? i will stop giving my money on this game, if you will not doing something about that, sir, you change my vanguard skill tree, you low hes dps, and now a damn healar can't be killed. Please go 10 mins in a warzone and you will see, and why i never see a Gm on, when i ask for one?

I'm sorry, but you have posted this...um...this complaint in the wrong area. This should go in either the Customer Service board, General board, or the PvP board, not here. From us Sorcerer & Sages you'll not get any sympathy for your Vanguard after what we suffered through from 1.2 til the changes in 2.0. If you want to find out just how tanky a Sorcerer/Sage is, level one up and see if you can truly tank in a warzone as a healer when you're focused on by a group of 2 or more smashers, Assassins, Vanguard or whomever else you can find. I think then you'll revise your opinion. Then again...maybe not.

Healer classes....in every game, should be that way.

Healers should be able to heal themselves and not die, untill they run out of power(which if you aren't a horrible player, we eventually do), or you team up on them, in which case they will not be able to keep up and will probably fall.

Also, along with their power eventually dying out, yes they can sustain themselves, but typically as a healer(at least for me) although I can stay up for a prolonged amount of time, I(the healer) would probably not be able to simultaneously fight you off offensively without depleting my power.

When they start to fight back and heal at the same time...it really just comes back to who's hitting harder and whos power and utilities will run out faster. :)

wanna talk about unkillable? bounty hunters =.=

i understand one think, you have that characters "sorcerers" i have no proablem with that character, but i see only one think when i hit them, absorbtion absorbtion, after 30 sec he use again and again, and btw i have mai main character is jugg, i have on republic the vanguard, i stop playing that class, is dead for me, dosent matter where i make this post, i just need a Gm to talk, i never see one in game, why is that? they thake our money and i cnt talk with one when i have a proablem :( and they need to do somethink with that sage/sorcerer, in my opinion, i will call bioware, if i dont get a answer here:P

i understand one think, you have that characters "sorcerers" i have no proablem with that character, but i see only one think when i hit them, absorbtion absorbtion, after 30 sec he use again and again, and btw i have mai main character is jugg, i have on republic the vanguard, i stop playing that class, is dead for me, dosent matter where i make this post, i just need a Gm to talk, i never see one in game, why is that? they thake our money and i cnt talk with one when i have a proablem :( and they need to do somethink with that sage/sorcerer, in my opinion, i will call bioware, if i dont get a answer here:P

So let me make sure I understand. You're not having success in PvP, so your solution is to gimp a class that a great many of us play in PvE?? Congratulations on providing a spotless example of all the virtues PvE players dislike about PvP'ers. "I can't win, so please nerf everyone else."

Sorcerers are notorious for being "easy kills" when you catch them 1-on-1 in PvP. If you can't do that, you're either running into the best of the best or you're really quite terrible at this game. Neither case requires a developer to downgrade the experience of literally hundreds of thousands of PvE'ers so that you can get a few more kills.

Now excuse me while I try to remove the imprint of my desk from my face.

WHEN YOU HAVE 8 YEARS IN MMO GAMES, AND PLAY SO MANY GAMES, THAN YOU HAVE A WORD TO TALK TO ME, TILL THAN PLS PLAY THIS CRAP GAME, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT, its just imposible to kill one, if you are a farmer stop posting here, i talking about pvp, so you hav no idea *** is that, so shh

WHEN YOU HAVE 8 YEARS IN MMO GAMES, AND PLAY SO MANY GAMES, THAN YOU HAVE A WORD TO TALK TO ME, TILL THAN PLS PLAY THIS CRAP GAME, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT, its just imposible to kill one, if you are a farmer stop posting here, i talking about pvp, so you hav no idea *** is that, so shh

/NERDRAGE!!!1!!one

Wow. 8 years playing MMO's and you still can't kill a squishy sorc? Preeeetty sure that's not the game's fault. And what's a farmer? I play a sorc. I'm quite easy to kill unless I do everything just about perfectly, and that's not often. So if it sounds like I don't appreciate your asking for a nerf to balance your obvious lack of ability...well...that's because...actually, it's exactly what it sounds like.

I have more years of experience in MMOs. I opened EQ and did beta for many games, and actual real "beta testing" (ie, not the closed or open general access for most of the neckbeards out there) for friends who work in the industry.

You're not playing right. Or you're a really funny troll who suckered a few of us into responding.

to the OP, this sounds like a serious l2p issue because you say they cant be killed. well i find that funny cause in most warzones sages/sorcs account for over half of my kills (yes, even the healer ones) so before you complain anymore i'd advise you to relearn your class before spewing nonsense like this.

I hardly play my sage in warzones because they are still deemed a "free kill" and its a pain to play in some warzones.

Yes, that absorption you see is our Static Barrier. For a Healer and Madness, it will absorb about 3800 points of damage; however, for Lightning, 4350. Now if the Healer and Madness Sorcerers want to, they can spec into the Lightning tree to strengthen their shield. However, you are wrong on the timing, so let me correct you there. The lock out is 20 seconds. However, the Healer can spec into lowering the time and there is a set bonus to do that too IIRC.

However, the Static Barrier (Force Armor for Sages) is our only true defensive ability. Now, you say you have a Jugg and you're complaining about shield? If you're specced tank you have plethora of defensive abilities you get leveling and can spec into. What about the Sonic Barrier? That is as strong if not stronger than our Static Barrier, only it doesn't have the duration. Then there's your Enraged Defense, Endure Pain, Invincible, and Shield just to mention a few. And your Jugg regardless of the spec, has defensive mitigation whereas the Sorcerer does not. Lastly, you have the new super hero power call, "Reflect." My Jugg enjoys using that as much as possible.

You are complaining that a Healer is a tank? You are playing a Jugg, not a Vanguard now. You need to spend time, a lot of time, getting intimately in tune and aware of your AC's abilities and how to properly use them. If you're a tank, your job is not necessarily to kill someone, let alone a Healer. Your job is to defend your healer and your team with your other defensive abilities, namely taunts, Threatening Scream, and spammable slow.

If you're specced Vengeance or Rage, and cannot kill a healer, then it is your ability to play those specs, not a healer being a super duper unkillable foe. Spend time in the trees and memorize each ability and how they work together. Keep at it, work to get better and in time you'll be able to kill a healer when you understand how the healer works and you know your Jugg's abilities like the back of your hand. It is as simple as that.

At first, way back, sages were OP. They got nerfed...so badly that they became a POS class. That mistake was slowly corrected. Sage DPS just recently came back from the dead in 2.0. They're still not that amazing but much better than they were in 1.7. Sage healers have improved but no, they're FAR from being overpowered or unkillable in PvP. We may of got force barrier(AKA our self-cc) but our force armor got nerfed as "payment", pretty much...

Edited by Radzkie

Omg lol is this guy for real? A jugg whining that sages/sorcs are "unkillable" in pvp? Now I've seen everything.

I wonder how much he'd whine if he had the misfortune of playing a sorc over the last year. The boards would probably burst from that much qq.

Edited by Undead_Prince

Force armor got nerfed to absorb less. Purge, empire name, got nerfed so it does not remove all types of force slows way back around 1.2 to make it easier for whiny tanks to stay in melee range. Blind got nerfed so it is only for our personal bubble and is now a mezz instead of a stun.

Knockback got nerfed so it only does a frontal cone but they still have not taken the time to fix the fact that sometimes it doesn't do anything on targets with 0 resolve in point blank range which has been around since beta, nice of them. Force speed got nerfed so it no longer ignores slows. You can of course talent for it if you are a healer but that is bugged and likely won't ever get fixed so you can still be frozen even talented, nice of them again. Armor got nerfed by 20%, because we had so much to begin with it was mitigating 10s of damage!! They have also buffed other classes ability to stay in range on top of our nerfs.

We are squishier than we have ever been. For all of this we got a bubble on a 2.5 to 3m cd which, you guessed it is also bugged as it can be stopped by electronet (an ability that is up twice as often even talented) and I have even seen reports, untested so cannot personally confirm, force pull can pop you out of it...again nice of them. We also now actually do damage on par with most classes but NOT the most damage either single target OR aoe which one would expect for being the squishiest. On top of this our burst dps is a turret which basically doesn't move.

So we do the same dps as other classes unless you count the ACs that are top dps but still have less survivability than those classes. I think the QQers need to find another target.

::EDIT::

Almost forgot to mention whirlwind was majorly nerfed! I haven't seen anyone use it since the patch; I think I have used it maybe twice since a casted ability simply has no place in a spec made for mobility.

Edited by skarlson

<Snipped to condense reply>

::EDIT::

Almost forgot to mention whirlwind was majorly nerfed! I haven't seen anyone use it since the patch; I think I have used it maybe twice since a casted ability simply has no place in a spec made for mobility.

Exactly, Skarlson. You hit the target dead center on the nerfs for Socerer/Sages in 2.0.

As for WW, the only time I use it now (except when I'm able to free cast) is after I have Polarity Shift up and I'm trying to CC a healer or that pesky Smash Monkey chasing me.

Now every time a smash monkey leaps at me and I Ice Block before the 11k Smash comes down, I'll think of you.

Oh what a great tactic to use against those Sweepers/Smashers. I'm sure they rage when you pop the FB just before they do it! LOL Nice! I will incorporate that into my play. See? Us old dawgs are very capable of learning new and nastier tricks. :D

you give no facts, or examples or solutions, you just say this is to strong. for all we know you could be a awful player and just stand there and try and DPS through heals. When you look down at your hot bar, and all your CC and intr's are still off CD.

Oh what a great tactic to use against those Sweepers/Smashers. I'm sure they rage when you pop the FB just before they do it! LOL Nice! I will incorporate that into my play. See? Us old dawgs are very capable of learning new and nastier tricks. :D

For the longest time I kept forgetting we had that. I pop'ed it on a leaper the other day on Makeb (I was running around flaged for fun) after the bubble was done, I punted him off the cliff. He logged into his imp toon to yell at me (I take that as I did a good job).

For the longest time I kept forgetting we had that. I pop'ed it on a leaper the other day on Makeb (I was running around flaged for fun) after the bubble was done, I punted him off the cliff. He logged into his imp toon to yell at me (I take that as I did a good job).

OMG, if you had recorded this and put it up I believe I would have spewed my tea all over my laptop. I came pretty close just reading it. Had I done that, I believe I would've fell out of my chair laughing myself into a coma! LOL

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.