mobs ''finisher'' removed

JouerTue

i've searched the forums for this but didn't find anything about..

last patch removed those abilities you could use on mobs stunned or slowed..with all the complains always going in the forums i don't understand why no one had something to say about this.

i found it not annoying..but playing on tank spec that used to speed things a bit..at least in area missions or with all those silly kill 23543242 mobs bonus missions and trash pulls in FPs,

cheers

A lot of people complained about it in both PTS and general forums. BioWare still ignored them. Because apparently this game has too many abilities and some people did not understand how to use them...

They were useless. They did NOTHING that any single other ability couldn't do. They were used on trash only and even then you had plenty of other abilities to choose from for the same (or MORE) damage. It is a silly argument... you are just mad that "dey took it from meh!"

I'm very unhappy with this change as well, which I stated already on these forums multiple times jsut as many other people. The devs don't seem to give a **** about that, so there's probably no point in trying to change their mind.

These abilities were only usable against weak mobs right? As in, not the enemies you need extra DPS for? I have 5 RL friends who play this game and none of us even had those abilities bound. Mostly because they can't be used in PvP and did less damage than our regular attacks.

EDIT: By "regular attacks" I meant ones that can affect any enemy.

Edited by Covaltage

They were useless. They did NOTHING that any single other ability couldn't do. They were used on trash only and even then you had plenty of other abilities to choose from for the same (or MORE) damage. It is a silly argument... you are just mad that "dey took it from meh!"

in fact i'm saying i'm not annoyed..just felt strange nobody talked about it..statement which was wrong..

These abilities were only usable against weak mobs right? As in, not the enemies you need extra DPS for? I have 5 RL friends who play this game and none of us even had those abilities bound. Mostly because they can't be used in PvP and did less damage than our regular attacks.

rolling a tank they were useful, in flashpoints to get rid faster of trash in multimob pulls (suffered by my guardian)

and in solo to hit hard even with abilities in CD or after force charge with weak or strong mobs rooted.

i didn't have them as hotkeys, but a click here and there would not affect my solo performance and even the group mechanic(how many players still keyboard turn and click around?)

Strange for me that people are agreeing almost 100% that they were useless. As a sage healer this was my hardest hitting attack and it helped a lot when I did the dailies alone for example. It may be useless for a dps, but for a tank or a healer I'd argue it had uses. Edited by TheDuge

Strange for me that people are agreeing almost 100% that they were useless. As a sage healer this was my hardest hitting attack and it helped a lot when I did the dailies alone for example. It may be useless for a dps, but for a tank or a healer I'd argue it had uses.

They did pack a punch, but I can't see them being the hardest hitting ability.

If you're relying on them as a crutch to complete daily's, then I would argue that you're not getting the most out of your toon as you could.

Why not spec dps instead of heals for daily's? And burn through them faster for instance.

i've searched the forums for this but didn't find anything about..

Strange for me that people are agreeing almost 100% that they were useless.

Yes, this was talked about previously in the forums. No, everyone didn't agree that they were useless. Here are links to some of the threads about this:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=613207&highlight=opportune+strike

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=617779&highlight=opportune+strike

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616384&highlight=pommel

The ironic part is that some people claimed that they were "useless" because they were only good on trash mobs and then when ROTHC launched, there were a bunch of complaints that Makeb was packed with too many trash mobs.

I used these abilities all the time on my Jedi Sentinel and would have preferred that they keep them. You couldn't use them in a 1 on 1 boss fight....but it was part of my opening rotation in every other fight right after Force Leap. I always start with the weakest enemy first and work my way up to reduce the amount of incoming damage being taken as quickly as possible. So, even if there was a mob with a gold, it helped me finish off the weak ones quicker to get to the gold. However, I will say this, being able to 1 shot multiple weak mob members from distance with a critical hit on Twin Saber Throw is far quicker.....and more fun, lol.

Strange for me that people are agreeing almost 100% that they were useless. As a sage healer this was my hardest hitting attack and it helped a lot when I did the dailies alone for example. It may be useless for a dps, but for a tank or a healer I'd argue it had uses.

The only people who say they were useless are pvpers and dps. healers and especially Tanks used them ALL THE TIME. But go ahead dpsers and BioWare, discourage tanking even more, then go to general and cry how there's no tanks in group finder. Also Makeb is full of trash every 5 steps, those 2 abilities that they robbed us of would have been amazing here.

Edited by Aelther

A lot of people complained about it in both PTS and general forums. BioWare still ignored them. Because apparently this game has too many abilities and some people did not understand how to use them...

understanding how to use an ability with a 45 second cooldown and a bunch of mob status requirements, and actually NEEDING said ability are two different things.

no one actually needed those abilities, because they were poorly implemented and limited in use to the point of just being ability bloat.

I just dont see the outrage over losing a 45 sec cooldown power, that requires another 1 minute cooldown power to be used first...

non issue.

Again, just because you can't use them in PvP means those of us who are PvE only can't use them. That makes no sense. The devs don't care and I used those abilities a lot, they only didn't work on the big bosses.

understanding how to use an ability with a 45 second cooldown and a bunch of mob status requirements, and actually NEEDING said ability are two different things.

One of the reasons BW gave for removing them on pts forums was that apparently EVEN some developers did not understand how they work... Which to me sounds like a very stupid excuse.

Anyway, if you as a dps don't need it, then don't use it, no one is forcing you. I'm a tank and I need it, so why should I be robbed of my abilities because some dps find them unnecessary?

I don't play operative, that class is not needed to me and / or I'm too dumb to understand how to play one, why don't you remove it entirely then?

I just dont see the outrage over losing a 45 sec cooldown power, that requires another 1 minute cooldown power to be used first...

Just shows how you do not understand those abilities. Any kind of cc works, not only stun. It can be companion stun, or slow or root from leap. A lot of guardians used a rotation of leaping and then instantly using opportune strike. Weak mobs also got stunned by force sweep or force storm so again I can use pummel on them. Never did I have to use any of my 1 minute stuns to use those abilities. So again oh I do not understand how to use them properly, so pls remove them.

Edited by Aelther

Anyway, if you as a dps don't need it, then don't use it, no one is forcing you. I'm a tank and I need it, so why should I be robbed of my abilities because some dps find them unnecessary?

Because it's ability bloat. With all of the new abilities coming in 2.0 they needed to cut a few, and these were the most useless for any class so it was a pretty obvious choice.

Because it's ability bloat. With all of the new abilities coming in 2.0 they needed to cut a few, and these were the most useless for any class so it was a pretty obvious choice.

Oh yeah.... sure... they removed 2 of my offensive abilities... and gave 1 defensive cooldown. That's fair.

If someone fills all 6 of their bars with 20 pets and cannot find a place where to put those 2, then no one is forcing them to use those abilities. I use them, why should I not be able to use them any more, because someone else find them unnecessary?

Edited by Aelther

The only people who say they were useless are pvpers and dps. healers and especially Tanks used them ALL THE TIME. But go ahead dpsers and BioWare, discourage tanking even more, then go to general and cry how there's no tanks in group finder. Also Makeb is full of trash every 5 steps, those 2 abilities that they robbed us of would have been amazing here.

Really, do you have the stats to back that claim up? Or are you just pissed because YOU used them? BioWare does have the stats to back it up, and according to those stats very few people ever actually used them. Because they were completely useless abilities.

I have 2 DPS, 2 Healers, and 3 Tanks at 50+ and never used those abilities on any of them. I also don't PVP. Feel like coming up with something other than hyperbole this time?

Really, do you have the stats to back that claim up? Or are you just pissed because YOU used them? BioWare does have the stats to back it up, and according to those stats very few people ever actually used them. Because they were completely useless abilities.

Yeah after seeing 1 guy say that you must use a 1 minute cooldown to be able to use these abilities, which is false, it's no surprise how many people did not know all the way to trigger those abilities, therefore they were underused. And even if some people don't use them, why punish those who do?

Oh yeah.... sure... they removed 2 of my offensive abilities... and gave 1 defensive cooldown. That's fair.

If someone fills all 6 of their bars with 20 pets and cannot find a place where to put those 2, then no one is forcing them to use those abilities. I use them, why should I not be able to use them any more, because someone else find them unnecessary?

They weren't offensive abilities. They were small attacks to use on stunned weak mobs, virtually useless for any decent player.

Really, do you have the stats to back that claim up? Or are you just pissed because YOU used them? BioWare does have the stats to back it up, and according to those stats very few people ever actually used them. Because they were completely useless abilities IMO.

I have 2 DPS, 2 Healers, and 3 Tanks at 50+ and never used those abilities on any of them. I also don't PVP. Feel like coming up with something other than hyperbole this time?

Fixed.

Also, I have 16 characters, 8 of them being level 55's and another 8 already above level 40 and I used these abilities all the time, especially because they were ALL assigned to the same key presses. How about that now?

Again, if people didn't use them, they weren't exactly forced to have them assigned to a key press or hotbar. Removing them altogether was uncalled for, period.

They weren't offensive abilities. They were small attacks to use on stunned weak mobs, virtually useless for any decent player.

Wrong. Many of them could be used on standard or even strong enemies. Better get your facts straight.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Yeah let's see. You see a stunned mob: you have a choice: big damage dealing ability that does not cost any energy, or a less powerful ability that costs your class energy pool. I'm sure only the noobs used the free ability.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.