Game Update 2.2 Nim Operations? Hope so.

So they announced 2.2 is coming and really hope and pray they are bringing a Nightmare Terror From Beyond and Scum and Villainy. My guild cleared both of them the first week they came out on HM and we are now just about fully min/maxed with gear. We are really hoping they bring out these nightmare modes for something that's a bit more challenging for the more hardcore guilds. I basically made this thread to see if I'm not the only one in this boat of wishing for more challenging content.

It took us three hours roughly tonight to complete S&V/TFB/llama HM and we're at the point where the dps needs only enhancements (good 72 accuracy/powers ones) and tanks need just mods/enhancements. While I do wish it'd get a release date its a non issue to me personally considering I take breaks while waiting for new content.

I do see a issue for some that only play swtor but if I'd give it a guess I'd say 2-3 weeks at least.

My main concern is if its tuned like NM EC.

Edited by JDotter

How on earth have you gotten enough relics, implants and ears. The other stuff you can do off-runs and send it over, but those items can only be obtained 1 per week on 8man (2 on 16, but you have 16 people to max out then). There's only been 5 lockouts, which means you should only be about half-done on ears, and only a quarter done on relics/implants.

How on Earth could the entire raid be fully min-maxed with 72 gear? Every DPS requires 3-6 advanced initiative enhancement 31s (depending on available earpieces and implants), which are uncraftable, not available in the knockoff gear and drop from a total of 3 possibly piece types, 2 of which every raid member needs one armoring from for the set bonus. The minimum amount of weeks it would take a raid group to be fully min-maxed is 12 weeks (but more likely in the 18-20 range). 2.0 hasn't been out that long. And that's just one problem with your claim. Edited by Larry_Dallas

Yeah, can't wait to run TFB on its next iteration, with all this new, fresh content they are really pushing the boat out.

Expansion should have minimum two full size, brand new operations, not more rehashed rubbish; pathetic.

Yeah, can't wait to run TFB on its next iteration, with all this new, fresh content they are really pushing the boat out.

Expansion should have minimum two full size, brand new operations, not more rehashed rubbish; pathetic.

We can only wish!

*Looks at the other game*

Edited by paowee

How on earth have you gotten enough relics, implants and ears. The other stuff you can do off-runs and send it over, but those items can only be obtained 1 per week on 8man (2 on 16, but you have 16 people to max out then). There's only been 5 lockouts, which means you should only be about half-done on ears, and only a quarter done on relics/implants.

We personally do alt nights where there is 1 main needing a relic/implant/ear and for some classes verpine-underworld isn't a stat gain in terms of earpieces/implants.

He said "Almost", you are right. This is why we're only almost min maxed. We do relic/implant/ear when we assign loot to help people get there, just the way we do.

How on Earth could the entire raid be fully min-maxed with 72 gear? Every DPS requires 3-6 advanced initiative enhancement 31s (depending on available earpieces and implants), which are uncraftable, not available in the knockoff gear and drop from a total of 3 possibly piece types, 2 of which every raid member needs one armoring from for the set bonus. The minimum amount of weeks it would take a raid group to be fully min-maxed is 12 weeks (but more likely in the 18-20 range). 2.0 hasn't been out that long. And that's just one problem with your claim.

It's called Legacy Gear, sir. Come and inspect me, my main DPS and my main tank, and you can see. All you need is to raid on 1 alt and you'll get there. Plus, Again, Nobody said FULLY min maxed. The OP said ALMOST min maxed.

Edited by OnoriaMortalitas

I'm hoping NiM is tough as well. In my guild we almost completely reformed 1 raid group from the ground up. 2 people stayed on the same toon & roll. Everyone else at a minimum switched rolls, swithced classes or were new to the group. So we started 2.0 in a lot of 61/63 gear. Started raiding 3 weeks ago and clear HM TFB still mostly in 61/63. Did TFB HM/SV SM/GF SM for a few weeks to get some gear and time working together before hitting SV HM for the first time on Tuesday. Our first run lasted 3 hours and we went 6/7. Thrasher was the only fight we didn't 1 or 2 shot and if it wasn't for LOS issues on the snipers we probably would of 2 shotted him too. Personally I enjoyed the sence of accomplishment and progression we had when EC & TFB came out. I hope NIM TFB/SV brings that back.

I'm curious of the team composition you guys have.

My ops group has 69/72, most of us have everything with 28 augs and we're having trouble clearing the first boss in SV HM. In TFB HM we got stuck at operator.

What tanks and healers are you using and what gear do they have ? (class)

Did you clear HM before you got full 69 ?

For the first boss in S&V HM, we found it easier to almost forget about DPSing the boss and just make sure you get the adds down before it destroy the generator, is there a specific problem or bits that you're having issue with?

For the operator its important to make sure that the tank keep away the adds from the boss when he spawns it they stun, etc. again what's your specific problem?

Overall we really enjoy S&V and we're hoping that they almost overtune TfB NMM, grated I'm part of a raiding guild but in full DG we cleared both 55 8man HM in the first two days...and that shouldn't happen.

Edited by Caeduz

My ops group has 69/72, most of us have everything with 28 augs and we're having trouble clearing the first boss in SV HM. In TFB HM we got stuck at operator.

Seems to me that you guys are either not executing mechanics properly or your DPS are not pulling their weight. The first time we cleared S&V and TFB HM most of our players were in a mix of 63/ 69 with just the old augments.

For the first boss in S&V HM, we found it easier to almost forget about DPSing the boss and just make sure you get the adds down before it destroy the generator, is there a specific problem or bits that you're having issue with?

For the operator its important to make sure that the tank keep away the adds from the boss when he spawns it they stun, etc. again what's your specific problem?

In SV, when someone gets teleported they almost always die before they get back, because of the slow debuff and mobs. Healers have a hard time keeping tanks alive while healing the rest from the group from mob damage or the ocasional aoe damage given by boss if someone oversteps.

At TFB Operator we usually wipe because tank gets stunned into the afterlife on yellow color by those Regulators...

Overall we really enjoy S&V and we're hoping that they almost overtune TfB NMM, grated I'm part of a raiding guild but in full DG we cleared both 55 8man HM in the first two days...and that shouldn't happen.

In DG? Really?

In SV, when someone gets teleported they almost always die before they get back, because of the slow debuff and mobs. Healers have a hard time keeping tanks alive while healing the rest from the group from mob damage or the ocasional aoe damage given by boss if someone oversteps.

Are you buying the shield item from the vendor at the start?

In DG? Really?

Can confirm, our first clear was also in maxed 63's with minimal 66/69's

Are you buying the shield item from the vendor at the start?

Can confirm, our first clear was also in maxed 63's with minimal 66/69's

shoot 16m is so easy ya can do it in 61s...maybe even 58s.

We use 2 jugg tanks. Sorc & OP healers. DPS has been sorc, merc, sin & marauder. The sorc has ben a fill in the last couple of weeks for a PT who hasn't been able to make it.

As for gear we were mostly 61/63 when we did HM TFB after 2.0 with old augments. Now we are mostly in 69+. I'm one of the tanks and I'm still rocking 4 61 pieces (MH, Head, chest, legs). With the exception of the new recruit we all cleared EC NiM prior to 2.0 and got titles on different toons. Since nothing changed mechanics wise it was just a matter of adjusting to new dps requirements.

Tonight our title run group will go in for the first time. 6 of the 8 ran the other night so it'll be interesting to see if we can get a full clear this time. That group is sin & PT tanks. Sorc & OP healers. Merc, sniper, marauder, and PT DPS.

At TFB Operator we usually wipe because tank gets stunned into the afterlife on yellow color by those Regulators...

I tanked it in mostly 63's and a few 61's on 8 man HM. Also, all augments were still 22's. The yellow phase is pretty easy if you stay on top of interrupts. Have your tank interrupting one and have the healers or dps (we have a ranged dps in the middle to clear adds and a tank on the button for yellow) interrupt the 2nd regulator. Damage will be kept at a minimum.

Hope this helps!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.