Ship Cantina = Bolster Room

Kegparty

If your going to make a system that is so confusing why not make a fun room for everyone to get naked and play with their gear.

At least the Cantina center would actually get some use and I will not be the only person drinking away his bolster sorrows. I bet most of the players would be in the center if that change happened. That should prove to you the system is too confusing and with that confusion leaves room for exploitation.

Ilum must be entirely bolstered and also there should be some PvP daily quests.

That isn't true. During Gree event they removed bolster on some parts of ilum, because it was abused to level low level alts. I'm pretty sure they didn't activate bolster again in that area.

I suggested a while back that the warzone queue page has a button to preview gear stats with bolster or the character sheet (though this could cause confusion for some people). There absolutely must be a way to check stats without entering a warzone, or we could make it fair and remove the PvE ability to check stats too, much more like BioWare, maybe then they could add a CM item to unlock a preview facility?

This sort of thing would imply that bolster should be gamed to take advantage of it best. I am not a fan of that at all.

I do agree with you on that but the fact they did not make a gear problem gear only and instead made a crazy invisible system will only allow people to game the system.

The only fair thing at this point is to give people a place to actually test it. Nothing is fair about 1 person learning a secret on a hidden system. If we all have equal opportunity to test it out..

The other aspect that is annoying is that I have purchased multiple items that actually negatively affected my stats.

This sort of thing would imply that bolster should be gamed to take advantage of it best. I am not a fan of that at all.

sorry but that's as dumb as saying that the character sheet allows PvE players to game stats to beat FP's or OP's. In once sense it does, but its supposed to!

There is a mechanic in place, Bolster, currently its buggy and will be fixed, hopefully soon. But even when its working 100% as intended it will adjust the stats that gear carries and those stats are NOT visible unless you are bolstered. If you preview the gear on the vendor you see the non bolstered stats. Quite simply that's a very very obvious design oversight, at least IMO.

No idea if it is still there or not, but the Gree part of Ilum has bolster for level 45 and above.

Yer, they removed that because lower levels were taking advantage of it to get the increased xp gains from higher level mobs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.