IA story: Dark or Light?

MagikFingerz

So I've made 2 agents, a purely dark Sniper and a mostly light Operative. I've heard good things about the IA story, but which alignment does it fit better with? Or does it not matter?

Ps. No major spoilers please ;)

Edited by MagikFingerz

It's a pretty amazing story, no matter the alignment. But, I think that someone that automatically clicks dark choices each time is a little harder to believe, taking the final morality choice into account.

If you just blindly always choose either light or dark choices you're probably not going to enjoy any story in this game to the maximum. Play and act as your character would, rather than just picking because of the colored icon next to the choice. The whole point of choices in the first place is that they are supposed to be morally difficult.

If you just blindly always choose either light or dark choices you're probably not going to enjoy any story in this game to the maximum. Play and act as your character would, rather than just picking because of the colored icon next to the choice. The whole point of choices in the first place is that they are supposed to be morally difficult.

Well, yes, that's true. But it seems to me that even a very dark agent would have trouble doing 'that' thing at the end.

Man, not being allowed to use spoilers sucks.

I honestly think it doesn't make any sense within the agent story to go totally light or dark. The whole concept of what you are doing is shades of grey. I think what you have to do is think about where your character is coming from and make decisions based on that. As an Inquisitor or Knight, it's easy to go totally light or dark. As a trooper or bounty hunter or agent or smuggler, you aren't bound by light/dark choices in the same way.

Well, I didn't intend this to be a discussion about how to play a one's character. I am fully capable of playing my characters the way I want to, so any posts directed at that doesn't answer my question.

But I guess ekimmak provided the only relevant point there was to be made. Thanks!

I think what most people are telling you is it doesn't matter which side you take generally, but making all light or all dark choices is more of a Sith/Jedi thing and doesn't totally fit the agent character. There are different ends to the story depending on which final decision you make. If you go completely light side, there is a third possible ending. All three of them can match the character depending on how you play it. Edited by SoonerJBD

Well, yes, that's true. But it seems to me that even a very dark agent would have trouble doing 'that' thing at the end.

Man, not being allowed to use spoilers sucks.

Not sure what thing at the end you mean.

Choose the options that you think fits your character. I leveled two agents, and couldn't really do full light or dark either way. I made up for the difference later on with repeatable quests, diplomacy and flashpoints and had one become all dark and one all light. I think I personally liked going more light with some dark choices thrown in.

My Op is almost 49 and during his story, I've went mostly light side as the majority of the choices seem to be in the best interest of the Empire than the dark side choices. However, I've noticed that when it comes to a lot of the choices that affect him personally, I tend to go a little more dark than light at times. I currently have like 1700 dark side points and still like Light II on my alignment. I've played him solely as I think would be the best choice as the situation calls for.

The Agent's story is really good and there are a couple of choices that really make you think about stuff. There was one I had a hard time with and just ended up logging out to think about instead of just going with it. Choice-wise and how it affects the development of your character as the Agent seems to be done extremely well.

TL;DR: The Agent's story seems to be done in such a way that its fairly easy to go one way or the other, but choosing according to the situation seems to make the most sense unlike it was with my Knight.

• 1 month later...

I actually turned off the light/dark convo markers and played it as my character would. She is all about defending the people and soldiers of the republic but can't stand the sith. I was surprised at times when I'd suddenly have picked the dark side path. Then there were other times when I suddenly found myself on the light side path.

The IA can definitely be played either way and the story is simply incredible. I might even say it's the second best of the classes!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.