Double XP Weekends!

Liwilliams

Please don't. It's already easy enough to level up in this game with XP boosts and rested xp and even without that stuff it's easy enough. I wouldn't mind if they did it 1x or 2x a year, like...i don't know, they could of done it for let's say.....May 4th.

The last double exp weekend(s) were nice, but doing it every month would just be silly. I'm not opposed to the idea of bringing it back, just make it a rarity, not common place.

One weekend a month is not too much to ask. Two would be outstanding. A character perk that simply grants lifetime double XP for that toon would be perfection.

My opinion. It is too much to ask. Once a quarter maybe. Twice a year for sure. Once a year definitely. But monthly will make it seem less "special" and more "meh, this again?"

The previous double xp weekends were badly implemented and there shouldn't be more of them until the developers think up a better solution. A lot of people were actually upset at the completely broken pacing the double xp inflicted and not letting them opt out of it is not the way to go. Maybe mailing each character a bound 48 hour xp buff item would be a better solution; people can get their "xp weekend", able to enjoy it at their convenience and anyone that doesn't care for it can just not use said buff. Edited by Pscyon

This will just bring back the same problem we have seen a couple times in this game...

FIrst... This games focus is not end game. Yeah it sucks needing to do the same planet arcs multiple times but you really shouldn't want to rush.

Second. During the last double exp. I barely played during the week. My old raid didn't run because of double xp. It was annoying. But I didn't want to level during the week.

Please make a HUGE bonus to XP, like double or triple, something we can buy as a character perk once we achieve a (high!) Legacy Level, using either credits or cartel coins (our choice, just like the other character perks).

This makes it optional. Those who want to partake, can. Those who don't, can avoid it.

It gives another benefit to Legacy and placing it sufficiently high on the tree means we've probably already made multiple passes through most of the content it will help us skip.

It gives you another credit sink or something else interesting to buy with cartel coins / real money.

It helps us who can't stomach the thought of "the grind" but want to see the rest of the class stories all the way through their endings.

Edited by DarthTHC

Please don't. It's already easy enough to level up in this game with XP boosts and rested xp and even without that stuff it's easy enough. I wouldn't mind if they did it 1x or 2x a year, like...i don't know, they could of done it for let's say.....May 4th.

It's not about being easy or not.

I absolutely loved the Agent's story that I finished 2 weeks ago. I would start another one in a heart beat if it wasn't for the dreadful thought of all the side quests and planet quests, etc that I have to do in order be able to play the story.

Class quests rewards in terms of experience are seriously underwhelming. The supposedly optional stuff isn't since without it you can't finish the game.

Grinding for gear, cool. Grinding to play the story, not so cool.

One weekend a month is not too much to ask. Two would be outstanding. A character perk that simply grants lifetime double XP for that toon would be perfection.

Yeah, whatever way it's implemented the double xp thing, please they should make it optional, to a point if someones wants be challenged for months fighting 234 packs of bugs on Balmorra per day, then so be it

My opinion. It is too much to ask. Once a quarter maybe. Twice a year for sure. Once a year definitely. But monthly will make it seem less "special" and more "meh, this again?"

Meh, i'd still enjoy it :p

Plus, change your signature.

Eric already came in to say he meant it wasnt Cartel based, the regular pack would be introduced.

As an option I think offering a single use item that gives you a 100 percent XP boost for 8 hours of total game time would work. This makes it something folks can purchase and use if they want without effecting those that do not like the feature. This item would not stack with other XP boosts or Legacy perks but would act as an override.

Naturally it should be a pretty expensive item.

I would also suggest they allow the lesser single use XP boosts for individual types of play to stack with the minor and major 25 percent boosts.

Next, I would suggest they offer an item that reduces XP payout for one hour by 25 percent but increases EC payout, valor, legacy, social points and companion affection by the same for that period. This would give those that think the current XP rate is too high a drop in overall XP while rewarding them in other ways.

Finally I would add a one hour single use consumable that reduce vendor prices (including repairs) by 10/25/50 percent and an similar consumable that reduces mod removal costs by 10/25/50 percent.

Edited by LordArtemis

WoW first page of ppl hating on Double XP. personally I loved it. But Pub side im looking at leveling up my alternate 4 ACs (I just have to finish the JK storyline to have the first 4 classes done) and doing Imp side and I'll have 16 toons.

Truthfully many will be just leveled by pvp or flashpoints, either way double xp would be a great move for a lot of vets who 1.) already experienced the story. 2.) leveling up by alternate means.

Please make a HUGE bonus to XP, like double or triple, something we can buy as a character perk once we achieve a (high!) Legacy Level, using either credits or cartel coins (our choice, just like the other character perks).

This makes it optional. Those who want to partake, can. Those who don't, can avoid it.

It gives another benefit to Legacy and placing it sufficiently high on the tree means we've probably already made multiple passes through most of the content it will help us skip.

It gives you another credit sink or something else interesting to buy with cartel coins / real money.

It helps us who can't stomach the thought of "the grind" but want to see the rest of the class stories all the way through their endings.

This sounds fantastic. I'd love to have an option like that.

I've seen all the planets from the Imperial side multiple times. There's not much left for me to enjoy (other than a bonus series here or there that I haven't done yet), but I would love to roll, say, another IA. A male one, this time. I'd also like a second Inquisitor, because I hear the female voice actress is fantastic. And so on.

But the thought of some planets and the fact that I don't have a BH yet make that highly unlikely. I already always make sure I can skip Corellia (in terms of side quests), but there's only so many times I'm willing to do all of Voss instead.

I understand that some people didn't like the double XP. Personally, I'd love to see more of it, though. If we can't have a Legacy option, maybe they could make it optional by sending every character an XP boost that gives double XP, but can only be used within a certain timeframe (such as a specific weekend) and then vanishes or can't be used anymore? That shouldn't be too, too difficult since we already have XP boosts, right?

It's not about being easy or not.

I absolutely loved the Agent's story that I finished 2 weeks ago. I would start another one in a heart beat if it wasn't for the dreadful thought of all the side quests and planet quests, etc that I have to do in order be able to play the story.

Class quests rewards in terms of experience are seriously underwhelming. The supposedly optional stuff isn't since without it you can't finish the game.

Grinding for gear, cool. Grinding to play the story, not so cool

See for me, those side quests and planet quests are all part of the story. Just doing your "character" story is nice and all, but even with a triple xp weekend you wouldn't be able to level your character up by story alone.

if we get to the point where we are having double xp weekends on a fairly regular basis (as the OP said, 1x a month) then we might as well just have to option to level to 55 instantly with a new character...i mean why work at something if it is going to time. :p

game is pretty boring after number of times.. I'm leveling my 9th alt now (first time i do smuggler so I'll finish all of them) and I'm all for double xp perk for legacy 50 or something.

Give us the option.

I find it incredibly amusing that people say that the game is already too fast when it comes to leveling.

As if thats a bad thing.

Do you really enjoy having do all those side missions over and over again? Is it really that fun to grind out bonus missions by killing X number of enemies?

Is that really what makes the game fun?

Not the story, not the end-game, but the constant grinding of killing enemies and doing pointless fetch missions?

Oh well, to each their own.

But i would love for there to be a legacy unlock or (more likely) cartel item that you could buy to give you 200% xp gain.

Even as a limited time item.

It would allow me to play only the class missions and planetary quests while ignoring all the dull sidequests each time i level up an alt.

See for me, those side quests and planet quests are all part of the story. Just doing your "character" story is nice and all, but even with a triple xp weekend you wouldn't be able to level your character up by story alone.

But all those side quests are the same, they hardly feel part of the story of you character in some cases. Some of that made sense for my warrior, helping all those helpless and usually useless imperials. But for my Inquisitor, completely out of character helping them.

Yes, I am aware that probabably not even with triple xp it would be enough, that's why I said the xp rewards for class quests are underwhelming. But the double xp weekends, were a great help.

if we get to the point where we are having double xp weekends on a fairly regular basis (as the OP said, 1x a month) then we might as well just have to option to level to 55 instantly with a new character...i mean why work at something if it is going to time. :p

You know, the Bounty Hunter story I played on the PTS was an awesome experience. :D

In all seriousness, I hate being derailed in the story, which is what happens here. That's my problem. The story is very linear (not sure that's the term I'm looking for, not a natural speaker ) and having to put it on hold and do other stuff, well, that's what I have a problem with.

I don't mind endless grinds for gear. I do a bit of that every day. I don't mind grinding crap (sorry, working :p ) for fluff stuff, like back when the Chevin event was on, that I got enough tokens for 2 full sets of the legacy armor, all bowcasters, 3 broken speeders, and 3 pets. I don't mind waiting for a drop, like the mainhand from EC hm when Kephess was still a hard sob to kill. I waited that lucky roll like 5 months. I don't mind farming mats for hours and hours to research that damn elusive Endowment prefix that just won't pop. I like that. It feels good when I finally get it.

But the story ? No. I want the derailment at a mininum. That was the good thing about the double xp weekends. It was easy to get back on track.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.