What happened to us?

Like many of you I have been an active poster on these forums for a number of years. I was here during the great OT purge in which many people (including myself) lost their accounts to perma-bans. I was here during the Sarlacc Enforcer talks. I was here when the Devs where in fire.

I have been thinking a lot about the forums back then, about the excitement, the different directions people wanted SWTOR's development to take.

Even though we *****ed and moaned at each other we all shared one thing. Hope. Hope for a StarWars MMO that we could waste many a year playing.

We had discussions, not arguments. Ideas where either agreed with or debated, they weren't labeled as self entitlement.

Look at us now......

General Discussion has become nothing more than a cesspit. A place filled with anger and hatred.

Do you think we can ever go back to the way things were?

Like many of you I have been an active poster on these forums for a number of years. I was here during the great OT purge in which many people (including myself) lost their accounts to perma-bans. I was here during the Sarlacc Enforcer talks. I was here when the Devs where in fire.

I have been thinking a lot about the forums back then, about the excitement, the different directions people wanted SWTOR's development to take.

Even though we *****ed and moaned at each other we all shared one thing. Hope. Hope for a StarWars MMO that we could waste many a year playing.

We had discussions, not arguments. Ideas where either agreed with or debated, they weren't labeled as self entitlement.

Look at us now......

General Discussion has become nothing more than a cesspit. A place filled with anger and hatred.

Do you think we can ever go back to the way things were?

First of all, your post is is overly general in lumping every one in the community together with the odd whiner here or there.

Second, people post here because they genuinely care for the game, see areas where it could improve, and offer feedback as such.

Most of the posters here, offer sound and helpful information back to EA/BioWare; it's in this not being listened to and/or acknowledged where frustration from the community arrises.

Communication and relationships are a two way street, and if EA/BioWare really cared for their customer/fan base (in any fraction of the degree they care for their bottom line) they would be more assertive and more proactive in showing this to everyone.

Edited by LeonBraun

You mean it's become your average internet game forum? People who are perfectly happy with the state of things usually feel little need to visit forums. People who are not happy with the state of things wish to express it for a variety of reasons, then there's people who wants to improve the game by making suggestions and a smaller number of people who just generally enjoy forums. You tend to notice the disgruntled posters more, but they're far from being the only ones around.

We post because we care. This is - for the forseeable future - the ONLY shot we have at a Star Wars MMORPG.

And EA has spit on it. If this weren't Star Wars, most of us would have walked away a long time ago.

Problem is, we WANT to get lost in that galaxy far, far away. And it's really hard to immerse oneself in that universe when it is poorly maintained.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.