Veteran Rewards idea

JerForceOne

So there's a lot of hub-bub about how subscribers will have to pay cartel coins to get the cathar and blah, blah, blah. The BW response has been, "We give you 500-600 cartel coins per month." True. I think the concern though is more about the precedent that it sets which is "Will the rest of the great new items in the game be things that go to the cartel market that subscribers will have to purchase with CCs along with F2Pers?"

Yes, subscribers get an allotment but that allotment isn't enough to cover all of the new features that will be in 2.1. As bioware responded, the monthly 600cc that subscribers with a security key get will be enough to cover unlocking the cathar, but will it cover the cathar, and dye packs, and character customization and rename, etc. No, for that subscribers would have to wait another month.

So, my idea - I used to play City of Heroes and we got Veteran rewards for every month that we were a paid subscriber. Many of us in SWTOR have been here since Beta and on the 180 days sub renewal. I think introducing a Veteran Reward system would be a great way to handle all of the issues listed above. Whether it's automatically unlocking things after 12 months of paid sub time, or enough cartel coins to purchase everything in the market legacy wide. Anything would be helpful.

That's a great idea, STO not only gives their CC equivalent to subs or lifetime subs every month, but also adds extra perks depending on how many days they have subbed, ranging from free space ships to free respecs to xp boosts.

It would be interesting to see them implement extra rewards per month based upon how long you have active sub. Something like:

3 months in a row = 50 CC extra

6 months = 100

9 months = 150

12 months = 200

16 months or more = 300

The main thing people would complain about is if they subbed since launch, then stopped and just now came back for 2.0. Would they be screwed outta the rewards or will it just count total months subbed?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.