Turning Packs into Credits

Hi All,

What is considered the best way to turn packs purchased on the Cartel Market into credits? Buying individual packs and selling them on the GTN... or buying bulk (like say 10) packs, opening them and selling the individual items? I know there's no guarantee you'll get a high value item in those 10 packs to sell for big space bucks, but I'm interested to hear what some of you have done in the past and if it worked out or not.

Or, if not packs, is there something better on the Cartel Market to throw on GTN? Like unlocks or something.

Thanks!

Selling them unopened usually guarantee's a fairly steady return (250k-350k) per pack.

Opening them and selling the components can be much more profitable if you come across something desirable/rare (Revan mask etc) but you could just as easily be left with garbage.

I tend to sell them unopened myself.

Selling them unopened virtually guarantees a moderate profit, but you're not going to sell them for higher than whatever the average price is on your sever. Opening them is a lottery, you might get a rare item and be able to make a lot more than selling it unopened, but you also might end up with a bunch of junk you can't sell. Edited by Miragee

Your best EV (Expected Value; it's a term professional gamblers use and these packs are exactly that) is to not play.

By not play, I mean you should buy them and post them unopened to GTN.

Yes, there is a CHANCE that you will get something of extreme value if you open one; however, the odds are so firmly stacked against that, that it's by far the wisest move to not open the pack.

EDIT: You might also want to do some math yourself on the other cartel market items that aren't packs. They sell in much lower quantities, but may sell for a much better $-to-Credit ratio. I'm talking things like race unlocks, maybe the starter kits, character slots, that sort of thing. I bought a character slot several weeks ago and I want to say I paid ~600k credits for it. Don't know how that compares to the cost of a gambling pack in cartel coins, but that's twice as many credits as you'll get for one pack.

Edited by DarthTHC

Best EV depends on the samplesize.

If you want to buy 100 packs or even more, you can be sure to have rare stuff.

If you just want to buy 5 packs it would be a gamble you loose almost everytime.

Best EV depends on the samplesize.

If you want to buy 100 packs or even more, you can be sure to have rare stuff.

If you just want to buy 5 packs it would be a gamble you loose almost everytime.

The thing about EV that any decent poker player will tell you is that it doesn't change with sample size.

If you open 100 packs, you're still losing money in the long run, per Expected Value. Can you get lucky and get a huge item? Sure. But that's getting lucky and that's not what EV is about.

Edited by DarthTHC

Selling them unopened virtually guarantees a moderate profit, but you're not going to sell them for higher than whatever the average price is on your sever. Opening them is a lottery, you might get a rare item and be able to make a lot more than selling it unopened, but you also might end up with a bunch of junk you can't sell.

I agree...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.