Matrix Cube upgrade post 2.0 would be nice...

I'm just saying, I was surprised to find out that after adding a new planet and upping the level cap to 55, BW didn't include a new matrix shard or just bumped the stats of the lvl 50 matrix to scale to the player if they hit 55, I mean it would be a nice "little" boost but it'll still be nice. My main is a Jedi Guardian Dps and we stack more Strength then power so the matrix cube M7-G0 was always nice to have even with a might augment, granted with the new MK-9 kits and 55augs i'm getting 98Str out of it, but still at it's core it's a lvl 50 item. And I hope some day they might do something to make it a lvl55 item, but I guess we will just have to see what they do!

Or maybe start looking at maybe a new relic based on the current style and make it very hard to earn, to be honest the matrix cube is to old and it's dated so should it stay this way ? YES let's bring in a new matrix relic and guess what you can purchase 1 component from the cartel market for 1000 coins lol

Honestly, it wasn't that good in the beginning and it just keeps getting worse. I don't see why they just don't remove it from the game.

many people don't like on use items like most of the relics are so for them a Matrix cube as bad as it is was better

I know when I had on use items I just never used them and because of that they sucked badly really really badly even a matix cube with only like 84 of my main stat and like 24 power(I think that's what it is) was better for me because of that

Now we have the On equip items that auto use them selfs which helps a lot but still you have to fill the 2nd slot with something

Ha, that would highly suck if it was a Cartel Coin Upgrade. And true they main seem useless to other classes, but it's quite nice for the jedi Guardian but ya wish they did something better with them. And having the ability to chance the Secondary stat would be really nice, but they need some form of balance.

Matrix Cube??? what's that???

Lol, jk, I think they forgot about the Matrix Cubes though, too busy concentrating on Cartel Market.

Coming Soon: Level 55 Matrix cube shards on the Cartel Market

If they're not adding Legacy Datacron unlocks (which I really wish they would) then they're not adding a Level 55 Matrix Cube on the CM.

many people don't like on use items like most of the relics are so for them a Matrix cube as bad as it is was better

I know when I had on use items I just never used them and because of that they sucked badly really really badly even a matix cube with only like 84 of my main stat and like 24 power(I think that's what it is) was better for me because of that

Now we have the On equip items that auto use them selfs which helps a lot but still you have to fill the 2nd slot with something

So use 2 passive proc relics, 1 damage proc and 1 power proc.

Tuthfully, this is a very easy oversight to make on the part of the devs because the matrix cubes just aren't as popular as they could be. It seems the BioWare MO for updating content in SWTOR is to just build on top of what already exists, rather than merely integrating new content into the existing. Basically every time they put in something new, they invalidate something old. Matrix cubes kinda went that way... but it doesn't have to be that way.

I've had this discussion with other folks, and they had been under the impression that it would be difficult to change the way Matriix cubes work, but I think it would be quite simple. Really, everything you'd need to continue adding value to matrix shards post-level 50 is already in place. You keep the basic 3 shard system for determining attribute types from levels 1-50. For new content, you add in some sort of modifier shards or items. The most basic thing you can do is as simple as add an item that boosts the existing stats of the existing cube by X% - maybe some kind of leftover Rakatan device.

Or in a more extreme case, you could create a small unlisted "quest" to discover hidden components, bring them to a place in the world, and assemble them into a modifier piece (a la magenta crystals, baby tauntauns, orokeets, etc)... at this point you could even let the player choose stat modifiers in the creation of this modification item. Whatever.

Modifying the existing matrix cube could work with the same system you use to disassemble them. Add on item and the cube into the "disassembly" stand, and voila... new cube.

Thing is... this adds new utility to the cube system (making it relevant for more players again)... works with processes already in place (almost no new content needed to make it work, and little more than simply adding another datacron anyway)... and can be repeated in the same basic formula in each new expansion to come. Sound good?

The reason why matrix cubes aren't as popular as they could be is because most people feel they are under par or don't know they exist. If the stats were better, more people would use them.

After they were upgraded they were usable and I still prefer them over the ones with a cd on it, but the truth is that the generally come with a ton of endurance, no matter which class you are.

If they want to make level 55 relics better they should start with the stats. They added a little power to them now but it still is ridiculous how they set it up. Endurance is generic and so is power, so add more power to begin with.

I refuse to use the current ones, because my healer sorc already has 30k hp....I really don't need more hp. It's bad enough gearing up trying to get more stats where they should be.

The matrix cubes should give better stats for 55 toons. It's under par now. I really don't get why we can get 100-120 power, shield, defence from the old pvp relics but not from pve relics. I am keeping my old pvp ones because they are still better than the new 55 relics for pve.

Tuthfully, this is a very easy oversight to make on the part of the devs because the matrix cubes just aren't as popular as they could be. It seems the BioWare MO for updating content in SWTOR is to just build on top of what already exists, rather than merely integrating new content into the existing. Basically every time they put in something new, they invalidate something old. Matrix cubes kinda went that way... but it doesn't have to be that way.

I've had this discussion with other folks, and they had been under the impression that it would be difficult to change the way Matriix cubes work, but I think it would be quite simple. Really, everything you'd need to continue adding value to matrix shards post-level 50 is already in place. You keep the basic 3 shard system for determining attribute types from levels 1-50. For new content, you add in some sort of modifier shards or items. The most basic thing you can do is as simple as add an item that boosts the existing stats of the existing cube by X% - maybe some kind of leftover Rakatan device.

Or in a more extreme case, you could create a small unlisted "quest" to discover hidden components, bring them to a place in the world, and assemble them into a modifier piece (a la magenta crystals, baby tauntauns, orokeets, etc)... at this point you could even let the player choose stat modifiers in the creation of this modification item. Whatever.

Modifying the existing matrix cube could work with the same system you use to disassemble them. Add on item and the cube into the "disassembly" stand, and voila... new cube.

Thing is... this adds new utility to the cube system (making it relevant for more players again)... works with processes already in place (almost no new content needed to make it work, and little more than simply adding another datacron anyway)... and can be repeated in the same basic formula in each new expansion to come. Sound good?

I love it, and is just that easy....Hell I'm really surprised that no one in BW thought of this!!

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.