Why do Mandalorians look...not like I expected?

mastermaj

Meh I've always wondered this. I haven't seen the Jango Fett style Mandalorian armor in game. Is it the first generation style Mandalorian Armor or something? When exactly does the Jango Fett Mandal come into Star Wars.

The reason I ask is because in SWG I had Mandalorian Armor, and the helmet was my favorite look...EVER. If I could just spend the next year of my life grinding out the mats to get that Mandal for a bounty hunter....:p

:rak_02:

Meh I've always wondered this. I haven't seen the Jango Fett style Mandalorian armor in game. Is it the first generation style Mandalorian Armor or something? When exactly does the Jango Fett Mandal come into Star Wars.

The reason I ask is because in SWG I had Mandalorian Armor, and the helmet was my favorite look...EVER. If I could just spend the next year of my life grinding out the mats to get that Mandal for a bounty hunter....:p

:rak_02:

The closest thing you can get to what you want is the armor you see at the character creation, which you can buy off the cartel market.

The Mandalorians look similar to how they appeared in the Comics, which is closer in time than the movies, hence the look.

Remember Star Wars has multiple threads to it's bow, it has the Movies, the Novels, the Comic Books (Graphic Novels), the Cartoons, and previous games. This makes for an amazing cornucopia of looks for the game to draw upon, and for the most part people only remember the films, which is their loss.

Edited by AlexDougherty
id to is

Use this exact helmet and colour it accordingly with the relevant chest...

For example with this specific armour chest, it would look like this.

And if you want more blueish outlines you should use the Hydra chest piece.

For an outfit that predates the Fett family by hundreds of years I think it's quite ok !

:jawa_smile:

This makes for an amazing cornucopia of looks for the game to draw upon, and for the most part people only remember the films, which is their loss.

Very true, I sooooooooo would love they get us the death-watch harfang styled helmet from TCW :jawa_biggrin: !

Edited by Shoogli

There are no helmets that are even close to the boba fett one right now.

BUT, luckily, there is the prototype version that appeared in the concept art made by ralph mcquarrie.

The one at the bottom left in this picture is very similar to this helmet from the new end-tier gear for bounty hunters.

But currently (in the timeline of Star Wars in general) most mandalorians would look somewhere between neo crusader and modern mandalorian armor.

Heres an image from the timeline videos showing something that appears to be a development of the neo-crusader armour towards a more modern style more akin to Canderous Ordos armour from KotOR 2.

Heres a nice picture showing off the different era armours.

BUT, luckily, there is the prototype version that appeared in the concept art made by ralph mcquarrie.

The one at the bottom left in this picture is very similar to this helmet from the new end-tier gear for bounty hunters.

Very similar ? I feel it's been modeled exactly after the Ralph McQuarrie design. Thanks for showing us that early design !

Use this exact helmet and colour it accordingly with the relevant chest...

That's exactly what I do with my PT Tank. Since I first got that helm I've always used it and changed the chest piece with colour match. Currently have that paired with the Restored Triumvirate Armor Set.

If only the helm matched the shininess of the rest of the suit. Either way, it's a good look and I'm happy with it. Kind of has a War Machine vibe to it with the shoulder cannon deployed. :p

Jango's style of armor won't appear for 1000s of years.

This is the Star Wars universe.

The design of a Honda Civic changes more in 3 years than does the design of speeders, blasters, star ships, droids, and fashion in 3000 SW years.

This is the Star Wars universe.

The design of a Honda Civic changes more in 3 years than does the design of speeders, blasters, star ships, droids, and fashion in 3000 SW years.

Thats what happens when you hit a technological evolution roof. Not much to change so most things stay the same for thousands of years...

Compare it to the evolution of the hoplite in ancient greece. It changed very little over hundreds of years, and when it did change it was pretty gradual. Eventually it evolved into the phalangite, but the equipment was pretty similar.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Thats what happens when you hit a technological evolution roof. Not much to change so most things stay the same for thousands of years...

Compare it to the evolution of the hoplite in ancient greece. It changed very little over hundreds of years, and when it did change it was pretty gradual. Eventually it evolved into the phalangite, but the equipment was pretty similar.

Actually it's a result of hyper-restrictive copyright agreements that Lucas forced on all his licensees. See the first few years of Marvel's Star Wars comics for example. Marvel was restricted to only depicting characters in clothing or hairstyles from the movies.

I mean, you'd think that when you have mastered anti-gravity, at some point in 3000 years some engineer would think "Droid. Stairs. Hmm, maybe 3 wheels was not such a good idea?"

• 1 month later...

Hydra helmet(or 40 lvl pvp helmet or a similar one around those levels) + basic commendation chest ,hands,legs and boots and you have look almost exactly like Boba Fett.The difference is the colors,obviously.If you want pure T-visor helmet you have to use the Hellfire set helmet,but you sacrifice the Boba/Jango shape of the helmet itself.

Full level 40 pvp set or Hydra style(the bounty hunter in Deceived trailer) set is kinda more advanced technologically than the Boba/Jango style armor.

You look like Iron Man in it.Which is interesting because of the time difference with the movies.

Edited by Kaedusz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.