PvE gear, even solo PvE gear, is better than top PvP gear -- numbers included

Dawncatcher

Note: It appears I was not entirely correct on how bolster would function on the latest PvE gear; see Pyrinoos's post below. Leaving my original post intact so you can see the conversation.

In pre-50 PvP, I had 2004 expertise without any actual PvP gear. And that was after they fixed it so naked wasn't the best anymore. That was with full war hero except relics, since war hero relics did not have expertise removed, and the expertise on them interfered with bolster and lowered my post-bolster expertise. The rest of the war hero gear had expertise removed, but other stats increased, so it looked approximately the same as old Rakata gear. For relics I used a matrix cube and a light side one.

Upon hitting 55 and getting a Conqueror blaster pistol and Partisan scattergun (and not being able to use the barrel I ripped from the Conqueror blaster pistol in the scattergun -- these were two separate purchases), my post-bolster expertise went up to 2006. All of 2 points. Only other stats had any noticable increase. Getting a Partisan wrist brace increased my expertise all of 1 point, to 2007. Again, the only noticeable increases were to other stats.

Extrapolating, maximum expertise should be around 2018. All of 14 points higher than 2004 expertise with no actual expertise gear. 1 point of expertise for each piece of gear I switch from non-expertise gear to Partisan or Conqueror gear. 14 points is largely irrelevant relative to other stats. The only people at any serious disadvantage expertise-wise are those who have messed up bolster by using gear which has some expertise, but less than Partisan/Conqueror gear, which results in bolster not adding any expertise for that particular piece of gear. And bolster seems to look at the whole item, not individual mods, so whatever you do, don't mix expertise mods with non-expertise mods in a single piece of gear, don't use war hero/elite war hero relics, and don't use the old recruit gear.

With expertise being a moot point so long as you're careful not to mess up bolster, all that matters are the other stats: your primary stat (cunning/willpower/aim/strength), endurance, armor value, power/critical. and any tertiary stats you may choose to stack -- alacrity, accuracy, surge, defense, absorb, shield, etc. (This is of course looking purely at stats/gear, not the skill level/ability to kite of the player.)

So, looking at those other stats, my Conqueror Blaster pistol has an item rating of 154. The mods, other than the crystal, say they are level 65 (in terms of stats). My Partisan scattergun has an item rating of 150, and the mods say they are level 63 stats-wise. For reference, my old war hero gear has item ratings of 146 and the mods say they have level 61 stats.

Now, let's go over to the PvE gear vendors. Classic gear vendor (old level 50 gear). They carry Rakata, and I see item rating 146 gear with level 61-stat mods. Mousing over, the gear looks equivalent to my war hero gear, stat-wise, if somewhat redistributed (not counting the augments I added). I happen to like my war hero set bonus better, and in some cases I'll see power instead of critical or vice versa, or things of that nature, but they look more or less the same.

Basic gear vendor next. Item rating 156, mod level 66. That's already better than the 154 item rating of my Conqueror blaster pistol. To be sure I mouse over. +10 min damage, +10 max damage, +10 endurance, -5 cunning, -191 expertise, +49 power, +22 tech power, +2 alacrity (if I pull out my augment). All green, other than the cunning and expertise, and the loss of 5 cunning is more than made up for by the gains in power/tech power, and as described above, the expertise loss is rendered irrelevant due to bolster. To make matters worse, the Basic blaster pistol has a minimum required level of only 53; PvP twinks could use this for a couple levels in pre-55 PvP and have better stats than people playing in separate 55 warzones with the supposed top gear you can buy for warzone commendations. In other words, if you want to have the best gear possible for warzones that you can have the day you pop 55 (without the benefit of an existing level 55 character who can run all the hard content and pass mods to your new 55 via legacy gear), don't run pre-55 warzones and save up warzone and ranked warzone commendations; just quest on Makeb. You can get better gear from solo PvE on Makeb than you can from weeks of grinding warzone and ranked warzone commendations even post-55. You will miss out on the set bonuses from the armor, but between the increased stats and being much easier to get, the Basic gear is a much better bargain.

To continue to make my point, let's look at the Elite gear vendor next. Item rating 162, mod level 69. Hovering over a blaster pistol, I see +39 min damage, +72 max damage, +9 endurance, +8 cunning, -191 expertise (but really only -1 post-bolster), +74 power, +89 tech power, +72 surge, -64 alacrity. (This is assuming I take out my augment.)

Continuing on to the Ultimate gear vendor. Item rating 168, mod level 72. Mousing over a blaster pistol (without my augment in my equipped one), I see +70 min damage, +129 max damage, +26 endurance, +21 cunning, -191 expertise (but only really -1 post-bolster), +84 power, +159 tech power, +79 surge, -64 alacrity.

I'm not sure what Bioware intends by this. Do they believe that PvE, even solo PvE where you needn't bother coordinating with others, against predictable NPCs who behave the same way every time, and don't kite, is more difficult than fighting real humans who learn, adapt, and often do kite, and therefore deserving of better rewards? Or do they believe that serious PvEers are disadvantaged against people who know how to kite and have experience fighting other players, and therefore need extra stats to make up for it?

In any case, this is great news for people who love both PvE and PvP. You no longer need to keep separate gear sets for the two. Instead, you can start level 55 PvP with your Basic gear, and already have better stats than people who just do warzones/ranked warzones and didn't bother with Makeb, and instead much time grinding for Conqueror gear. As you do flashpoints and operations to grind your Elite and Ultimate gear, you will soon enough have the best gear possible. You needn't ever touch the actual PvP gear unless you want to do open world PvP without the benefit of bolster.

For people who enjoy PvP but not PvE, this is not so great news. Even if you spend however much time it takes to grind a full set of Conqueror gear, you would still have better stats if you had simply gone to Makeb and gotten the Basic commendations set. Which you should probably do, since that's solo content. If you stick with Conqueror gear, you will in effect be fighting people who are, gear-wise, 7 levels ahead of you. Even if you do enough solo PvE, you will still in effect be fighting people who are 6 levels ahead of you gear-wise. If you don't want to do any group PvE content, then unless you figure out how to solo flashpoints and operations, in which case I'm sure we'd all love to see a youtube video, you're going to have to rely on your kiting and human cleverness to make up for the gear gap, because you're never going to have the top gear in warzones just from PvPing.

Edited by Dawncatcher
fixed a couple typos

Makes you wonder why there is even PvP gear anymore in this game.

I have no idea why I'm saving WZ / RWZ coms up and buying gear that is probably less effective than what I wear for PvE. Sad state of the game really.

I feel 100% that bolster has no place in 55 PVP. However, I think what you're missing about the current system is that equipping gear rated higher than 65 (i.e. the new PVE stuff) results in bolster giving you less expertise. Coming into a warzone with full 72's, from what I understand will result in only around 1300-1400 expertise from bolster. I think their intention is to use this (strange in my opinion) method to balance the high rated PVE gear.

Also, bolster is currently (and I totally disagree with this, imagine much less burst dps and healing if it wasn't this way) giving everyone Underworld (72 ) lvl weapon damage and force/tech power. Look at your force power before you enter and again in a warzone to catch this.

Anyways, thought I'd point out my understanding, and here's hoping they remove bolster (except for the weapon damage part, it should bolster everyone down to partisan or conqueror level instead, so we don't have to PVE for hilts and barrels) and just give everyone a Recruit MK-III set instead.

Edited by Pyrinoos

Hit 55 scoundral,, 2nd warzone in lvl 53/54 MC gear.. 1.47mil heals. 2 days later with the same gear with like 3 pieces of pvp gear,, just an implant and the two relics.. 1.65mil. There is good and very bad in this.. The good is i'm an altoholic.. so i can get anyone of my toons in now and play and contribute and have fun and not feel or be dead if someone looks at me. the bad part is lvl 53/54 MC stuff is better then PVP gear hands down with bolster. i was 1909 expertise. or something like that putting up those numbers. feels wrong imho but meh. personally, i think they should just get rid of bolster at 55. Give us a set of recruit gear automatically for any spec your class can have,, tank or dps or whatever and just make it slightly less then partisian and not a huge landlside difference like it was before. Problem solved.

I feel 100% that bolster has no place in 55 PVP. However, I think what you're missing about the current system is that equipping gear rated higher than 65 (i.e. the new PVE stuff) results in bolster giving you less expertise. Coming into a warzone with full 72's, from what I understand will result in only around 1300-1400 expertise from bolster. I think their intention is to use this (strange in my opinion) method to balance the high rated PVE gear.

Also, bolster is currently (and I totally disagree with this, imagine much less burst dps and healing if it wasn't this way) giving everyone Underworld (72 ) lvl weapon damage and force/tech power. Look at your force power before you enter and again in a warzone to catch this.

Anyways, thought I'd point out my understanding, and here's hoping they remove bolster (except for the weapon damage part, it should bolster everyone down to partisan or conqueror level instead, so we don't have to PVE for hilts and barrels) and just give everyone a Recruit MK-III set instead.

Thank you Pyrinoos, I didn't know that, as I haven't actually gotten any of the new PvE gear. As I said, I was using old war hero gear, excluding the relics, as a reference point. (Since war hero gear, other than relics, has had expertise removed and now looks a lot like Rakata.) I am glad that higher level PvE gear will take an expertise hit; now I needn't worry about trying to figure out a way to do operations or other PvE content I'm not interested in.

Given your information, I guess Classic (Rakata) gear would be the best starting point for new 55s just starting warzones (who do not have the benefit of a prior 55 in the same legacy to pass mods to them via legacy gear), if they do not have old war hero gear saved. Rakata would still get the full expertise bolster, but otherwise give good stats (basically like the war hero I have). I know new 50s used to get a bunch of Tionese commendations; do they get Classic commendations instead now? If so, I suppose that would make Rakata the new recruit.

I agree the new bolster is terribly confusing, especially in level 55 warzones. Many things that make my gear look better outside warzones in fact make it worse inside of them. The 1 minute at the beginning of warzones before the action gets started is all the time you have to try to tweak your gear to agree with bolster. Without some sort of clear documentation on how bolster works, provided either by Bioware or players who have experimented with it, there's no way for someone to know before entering a warzone how good their gear will be once they do enter, nor for us to review the numbers to see how different gear balances against each other post-bolster. I agree it would be much simpler if they simply added a new recruit set and saved bolster for the pre-55 warzones.

Edited by Dawncatcher

Dawncatcher, best post on forum regarding this issue!

I hope they will fix this very, very soon... How? Simple:

Remove bolster from 55 WZ`s, add recruit set (blue quality, you can buy it for credits), raise item level of Partisan and Conqueror to match current PvE items and that's all...

Edited by DarthKalldin

People should really stop posting false information or rather stuff they do not understand.

It is believed that all weapons are bolstered to UW level behind the scenes, but even without it, the loss of expertise on UW weapon is not enough to make up for the extra power. It is difficult to verify this but I've tried equipping BM focus over Partisan and your tooltip damage goes down while inside a WZ (this part is important, it definitely goes up if you're not in a WZ) so there's more to just the raw numbers going on here.

Each piece of Black Market gear loses you about 40-50 expertise. You lose even more per piece of Verpine/Underworld. Not only is Black Market not competitve against Conqueror, it is not even competitive against blue 66 PvE gear precisely because blue 66 PvE gear gets nearly 100% the expertise.

I felt compelled to point out a point that most people don't seem to get: you get basically 100% the expertise of Conqueror for wearing anything at or below 152 rating, because Conqueror is 154 rating. It can be rating 152 or rating 2, you'll have basically max expertise. So you will not see any expertise increase when you switch to Partisan/Conqueror compared to your old gear unless you're wearing 156 (purple 66 mods) or above. The moment your gear goes above 154, expect a drastic hit on Expertise to render yourself inferior in a WZ.

Note that wearing nothing is a special case. You get less than 100% the expertise, even though you can be thought of as wearing rating '0' gear. This is an overcompensation for the naked PvP, which means at low levels make sure you buy any junky relic as soon as you can (light/dark side vendors on fleet is good for this), because you're losing a significant amount of expertise. Likewise you can simply buy a helm with no stat in it, and it'd be significantly better than wearing no helm, because the naked case is especially bad.

People should really stop posting false information or rather stuff they do not understand.

It is believed that all weapons are bolstered to UW level behind the scenes, but even without it, the loss of expertise on UW weapon is not enough to make up for the extra power. It is difficult to verify this but I've tried equipping BM focus over Partisan and your tooltip damage goes down while inside a WZ (this part is important, it definitely goes up if you're not in a WZ) so there's more to just the raw numbers going on here.

Each piece of Black Market gear loses you about 40-50 expertise. You lose even more per piece of Verpine/Underworld. Not only is Black Market not competitve against Conqueror, it is not even competitive against blue 66 PvE gear precisely because blue 66 PvE gear gets nearly 100% the expertise.

This. OP's post is completely false

FYI, full Partisan/Conqueror gives you 2018 expertise, but this is actually above the cap. For example if you swap out this for one piece of rating 152 gear, you have 2016 expertise but you still have expertise capped (mouseover shows 2016 = 60% damage mod). I don't know what amount of Expertise is needed to cap but I'm guessing it's at least 2000. So the effect for using say one piece of BM or better gear is somewhat mitigated by the fact that 2018 expertise is more than you need. Still, even in light of this, it's rarely competitive to use BM and certainly not on a massive basis.

What you want to do is every piece where you could use rating 152 you use that instead of Partisan or Conqueror, assuming you're unable to get full Conqueror in a short time. You give up 2 rating (152 vs 154) and 2 expertise (which doesn't matter because you're overcap). Most likely this will be the implant/earring slot. Similarly you can use crafted blue 66 (148?) instead of Partisan (150), and again you give up 2 rating but it's presumably a lot easier to craft this stuff than getting Partisan. Of course you cannot do this for the set pieces unless you don't want the set bonus, so the number of slots you can do this on is limited.

I asked several times on both Republic side and Imperial side on my home server how the bolster system worked. No one seemed to have a clue. People seemed to just be going into warzones with whatever gear hoping for the best. People who had been 55 longer than I and had ground more Partisan/Conqueror gear than I had were ending up with worse stats and didn't have a clue why. I did some experimentation with the gear that I had, reached some conclusions, not all of which were correct in all circumstances (namely, with higher level PvE gear that I did not have), and collected some more information, and posted my results with the numbers, method, and conclusions here. As soon as someone corrected one of my false extrapolations, I included a disclaimer and pointed people to that person's post. Even with the false extrapolation, assuming bolster would work the same on any non-expertise gear as it did on my war hero gear, it is still a much more detailed look at the numbers than the tons of posts complaining that because of bolster so and so is overpowered and they have no chance and don't know why.

Since Bioware didn't post a clear explanation of bolster anywhere that I know of, this is essentially a scientific process to figure out what they did. Coming up with hypotheses, and opening them up for review, and taking into consideration any inconsistencies people find, is part of said scientific process.

Edited by Dawncatcher

Not sure how bolster works above lvl 65 gear, but all i know is, it is sure a pain in the butt trying to kill a team of 40k hp and what seem like immortal healers that kite and run and never seem to die.

I felt compelled to point out a point that most people don't seem to get: you get basically 100% the expertise of Conqueror for wearing anything at or below 152 rating, because Conqueror is 154 rating. It can be rating 152 or rating 2, you'll have basically max expertise. So you will not see any expertise increase when you switch to Partisan/Conqueror compared to your old gear unless you're wearing 156 (purple 66 mods) or above. The moment your gear goes above 154, expect a drastic hit on Expertise to render yourself inferior in a WZ.

Note that wearing nothing is a special case. You get less than 100% the expertise, even though you can be thought of as wearing rating '0' gear. This is an overcompensation for the naked PvP, which means at low levels make sure you buy any junky relic as soon as you can (light/dark side vendors on fleet is good for this), because you're losing a significant amount of expertise. Likewise you can simply buy a helm with no stat in it, and it'd be significantly better than wearing no helm, because the naked case is especially bad.

I feel compelled to point out that having a 65 armoring in an item gives it that 154 rating though having 72 mods/enhancements in does not change this armor rating. This is a portion of the problems with how the bolster system works. It does appear to be working off just the armor rating and not the individual mods. As it stands, each point of expertise does not appear to match the stat weight gained for not having the expertise.

Even if this is not exactly how it works, the expertise stat gain per point is not linear. Once a player reaches a certain point, it is a mathematical advantage to drop the expertise for primary/secondary stats.

I'm at a point to say up the mod level of the partisan/conq gear to 68/72 and drop the expertise all together and give a boost to all players. If someone wants to PvE to PvP, so be it. If someone wants to PvP for their PvE set, so be it. A change in the bonuses could work well with this set up as well, instead of a 2 and 4 pc bonus, change it to a 2, 4 ,and 6 pc (or just 4 and 6pc) and add bonuses to the waist and wrist slot. The 2 pc can be something that is nothing of major importance, just a very basic bonus with 4 being a decent bonus towards the whatever set they are designed for and the 6pc being a major bonus to what they are designed for and is a clear advantage in either PvE or PvP.

Either the case, it is a problem. If there was not an advantage to having the expertise over the PvE items, many people would not be choosing them. At this point, there are a lot of people using PvE equipment that already have full Conq sets and there is a reason for that (hint: for the challenge of PvP is not one of the reasons)

Expertise is needlessly convoluted but it works out if you don't do anything weird with your gear. Since expertise is no longer part of the budget, we can just compare the item ratings + expertise:

Black Market - 162

Purple 66 (crafted/basic) - 156

Conqueror - 154

Purple level 54 crafted gear - 152

Partisan - 150

Blue 66 (crafted/random drops) - 148

Black Market gives up 40-50 expertise per piece compared to Conqueror, which can be verified by simply equipping the item in a WZ. This is more than 1% of your damage. Even a cursory glance at their stats suggests the difference between Black Market and Conqueror is nowhere near 1% more total damage per piece. Note that since 2018 is above the cap, your FIRST piece of Black Market has slightly reduced penalty as you don't need 2018 (max expertise) to cap. I haven't worked the math but you certainly should never have more than one piece of gear at BM or above.

Purple 66 I do not have data on. I'm going to handwave and say that if wearing all basic gear is really better than Conqueror, someone must have accidentally figured this out by now, so either it doesn't work or it's true but nobody is talking. Either way, I don't have a good set of gear to test this with. I suspect that since rating 152 = -2 expertise and 162 = -40+ expertise, and since 156 is exactly in between those two numbers you'd expect -20 expertise per piece, and there's no way gaining 2 rating on item budget is worth 20 expertise. It's even a worse deal than BM (-40 expertise for 8 item rating).

Wearing rating 152 gear (say, implants) results a loss of 2 expertise per piece. For all practical purposes, we can pretend this is 0. Therefore, 152 crafted gear loses 2 rating versus Conqueror, but is 2 rating higher than Partisan. This means you should wear as many pieces of crafted 152 as you can, unless you can trivially get full Conqueror.

For the sake of simplicity we'll assume all gear below 152 have no expertise loss, unless there's a reason to believe you'll get a bigger expertise loss than 2 per piece for wearing even more inferior gear.

The next logical point is blue 66 (148) versus Partisan (150). Using the earlier simplification, we get that blue 66 = 2 rating inferior to Partisan. However, blue 66 gear is extremely easy to get. You can find them from Treasure Hunting boxes, and they're BoE drops from HM 55 FPs. Certainly it's got to be way easier to get this stuff than Partisan. So, ignoring set bonus issues, blue 66 is clearly an acceptable alternative to Partisan. Certainly for slots that aren't needed for Conqueror (implant/ear), there's no reason to not wear blue 66 gear (but crafted rating 152 is even better).

Finally, weapons still unknown at this point. Several guys made the claim that all weapons are secretly bolstered to UW level to begin with, and my attempt to compare MH/OH shows that there must be something behind the scenes. For me, I just buy a Partisan weapon and not worry about it, but going by this trend, the safest choice of PvE weapon to use would be one with a blue 66 barrel. If someone has better data on purple 66 items, feel free to use them.

I feel compelled to point out that having a 65 armoring in an item gives it that 154 rating though having 72 mods/enhancements in does not change this armor rating. This is a portion of the problems with how the bolster system works. It does appear to be working off just the armor rating and not the individual mods. As it stands, each point of expertise does not appear to match the stat weight gained for not having the expertise.

Even if this is not exactly how it works, the expertise stat gain per point is not linear. Once a player reaches a certain point, it is a mathematical advantage to drop the expertise for primary/secondary stats.

I'm at a point to say up the mod level of the partisan/conq gear to 68/72 and drop the expertise all together and give a boost to all players. If someone wants to PvE to PvP, so be it. If someone wants to PvP for their PvE set, so be it. A change in the bonuses could work well with this set up as well, instead of a 2 and 4 pc bonus, change it to a 2, 4 ,and 6 pc (or just 4 and 6pc) and add bonuses to the waist and wrist slot. The 2 pc can be something that is nothing of major importance, just a very basic bonus with 4 being a decent bonus towards the whatever set they are designed for and the 6pc being a major bonus to what they are designed for and is a clear advantage in either PvE or PvP.

Either the case, it is a problem. If there was not an advantage to having the expertise over the PvE items, many people would not be choosing them. At this point, there are a lot of people using PvE equipment that already have full Conq sets and there is a reason for that (hint: for the challenge of PvP is not one of the reasons)

The gear I've chosen to test with have uniform ratings on its parts which is why I only reference the rating. I do not know what happens if you put say a 148 rating armor with 162 rating mods/enhancements. I'd expect Bolster to account for indiivdual pieces since each of the mods clearly can have varying ratings, but if it does not it wouldn't be the first time Bolster has problems.

From my testing the only advantage you gain here is time. Conqueror gear is very time consuming to get, so if you can find gear that's almost as good you might as well use them, because full Conqueror isn't exactly something you can get in 2 weeks for most people. You can get very limited, as in 2 rating per piece, advantage over Partisan if you managed to collect 2 implant, 1 earring, and 1 armor (rest you'd still need for set bonus). Looking at my Armormech guy, I do not even see an option to make a level 54 bracer/belt let alone a rating 152 version of it, and since crafted armor have no mods, it's not possible to move another piece's stats to a bracer/belt. So, you can gain 2 item ratings X 4 over Partisan if you have totally done your homework, and 3 of those pieces are the ones you shouldn't buy in Partisan to begin with (Conqueror implant/earring do not require their Partisan counterpart), so really, all you're gaining is 2 rating on 1 piece of armor.

But you'll definitely save a lot of time with this method while you slowly grind toward Conqueror. If your set bonus is particularly atrocious, you can save even more time by using multiple pieces of rating 152 armor.

I was regearing one of my alts who was wearing Recruit, so after finding random pieces of junk I finally got rid of all his Recruit gear and found that his expertise is 2004 with Bolster (59.7% damage mod) in WZ. Clearly nothing he's wearing is anywhere close to the rating of Conqueror (154).

So it'd appear the -2 expertise for rating 152 might simply from the fact that all PvE gear have very slightly less expertise (after Bolster) compared to full Partisan/Conqueror no matter what. Of course it's not like 0.3% of a damage is going to make a difference between winning or losing, so for the sake of simplicity we can simply assume all gear under 154 rating has max Expertise. Expertise decrease rapidly for the Black Market level (162), at the tune of 40-50 per piece. I do not know what happens for purple 66 (156), but if the ratio of expertise loss is linear then it must still be bad idea to use them.

As an aside, crafted gear tend to have more flexilbity in the secondary mods compared to armor sets, so there might be cases where giving up a few rating is worth it for the right combination of stats. That said, the coveted Power/Surge is NOT available for strength types for implants (that was the primary motivation for me to research this, as giving up 2 item rating for a power/surge piece is definitely worth it for a smasher). It is available for quite a few other archtypes, though.

people whined about the gear gap. 2.0 bolster essentially removes that gear gap by putting everyone with 5-10% stat wise regardless of their gear.

Eh, that's human beings for you. Way back when, people complained that pve & casual people were entering warzones with no pvp gear and thus were burdening their teammates. So BW introduced free Recruit Gear which it gave to every player at level 50. Half the pve and casual people never used it and still showed up in warzones burdening their teammates. So BW introduced Bolster to get around the numbskulls who wouldn't use their free gear. And now people suggest we use free gear to fix bolster. LOL!

people whined about the gear gap. 2.0 bolster essentially removes that gear gap by putting everyone with 5-10% stat wise regardless of their gear.

now folks are complaining that there isnt enough of a gear gap? cmon folks..........

The problem is actually due to the fact that the bolster is easily exploitable to vastly increase the gear gap. L2 conflate the issue.

The problem is actually due to the fact that the bolster is easily exploitable to vastly increase the gear gap. L2 conflate the issue.

The major exploits are the augment which is clearly not intended. It's unfortunate the system is easily exploitable and not fixed quickly but those are separate issues. It'd be like if there accidentally is this chest when you zone into an Operation that gives all the loot from the Operation, and then you say clearly Operations are broken by design. The presence of the bug/exploit (free chest in this case) renders the Operation pointless, but it's not designed to be this way.

Makes you wonder why there is even PvP gear anymore in this game.

Especially when it was never needed in the first place, and only serves to separate the community and create gear walls so people dont participate in pvp/PVE if their gear is the other set...

They have had bolster since early beta, and yet still felt the need to screw everything up by instituting two sets of gear ...

So all they really needed to do in the first place was make pvp a secondary way of getting the same gear you get in OPs. That way everyone has the same gear options, with two different paths to get it, and everyone can play both pvp and pve freely.

but that would be too simple and elegant. lets screw up everything with expertise instead. genius.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.