Rest In Peace PvP

DarthWoad

1. No open world PvP

2. Broken bolster system

3. Exploits such as scamper exploit and augment exploit

4. Warzone rotation broken

5. Pre mades going against people who queue solo

6. Incorrect mod prices (you can buy the bracers cheaper than the mod alone)

7. STILL PRE SEASON?!?!

8. Bioware doing nothing about it with their non existant PvP team.

9. Stuns/broken resolve system

It was good at first... you had gear to work towards..people like grinding for gear but now theres no point in gear if your stats get bolstered anyway if its all about "skill".

RIP PvP...for now. Unless some miracle happens.

Edited by DarthWoad

1. Do you really need this slide show again?

2. 3. 4. They'll fix it soon.

5. Just find a good guild and queue in the group. Solo q was NEVER enjoyable in ANY MMO game.

6. Didn't even notice that. But yeah, gear costs should be ajusted.

7. Agreed. We need cross server queueing at least for Ranked Warzones. Ladder. MMR System. 2v2, 3v3/4v4 Arena.

Cool shiny things to achieve, like titles, mounts, Legacy unlocks all based on Rating.

Dueling zone on the Fleet. Maybe it should be like 1v1 arena with a small reward. Like 5-10 Ranked commendations for 1 win. This is gonna be very popular I think. Due to the easy access.

8. :D

9. Agreed a thousand times.

Edited by GNWP

1. No open world PvP

2. Broken bolster system

7. STILL PRE SEASON?!?!

It was good at first... you had gear to work towards..people like grinding for gear but now theres no point in gear if your stats get bolstered anyway if its all about "skill".

Wow introducing PvP Power and remove resilience totaly. Maybe they should do same.

7. Agreed. We need cross server queueing at least for Ranked Warzones. Ladder. MMR System. 2v2, 3v3/4v4 Arena.

Cool shiny things to achieve, like titles, mounts, Legacy unlocks all based on Rating.

Dueling zone on the Fleet. Maybe it should be like 1v1 arena with a small reward. Like 5-10 Ranked commendations

Definitely agree with the idea of cross server, and shines to achieve, it would improve this experience ten fold.

Rewards for a dueling zone would be honestly a bad idea, image the amount of people just going in with a buddy for hours, then reversing who gets to win. Yeah it may only slightly speed up the time they need to get Conqueror, but as we've seen in all the history or video games, especially online. If it can be exploited, IT WILL BE.

Edited by Cursedii

2. 3. 4. They'll fix it soon.

History says that they won't. The sad fact is that they consistently take months to fix PvP issues (all the while claiming that it will be fixed "soon"). I don't think anyone should expect to see these issues fixed in less than a month (which will continue to take a huge toll on PvP subs).

The Gree event had good world pvp.

You can't create a situation where people can do kill trading to earn points because they will.

The only decent world pvp I've seen is over hunting rights (one side takes over an area that has specific loot drops or quest rewards) or over player owned keeps like Shadowbane had (and maybe AoC - I didn't stick around in that one). WAR had potential but that was a bit too extreme in that level 20s couldn't get decent pvp gear on some servers because the other faction owned all of the shops.

1. No open world PvP It exist, gotta make it happen.

2. Broken bolster system We know, dead horse.

3. Exploits such as scamper exploit and augment exploit Welcome to mmos.

4. Warzone rotation broken Herp a Derp.

5. Pre mades going against people who queue solo It's called PVP.

6. Incorrect mod prices (you can buy the bracers cheaper than the mod alone) Cry me a river.

7. STILL PRE SEASON?!?! Really?

8. Bioware doing nothing about it with their non existant PvP team. Your reaching.

9. Stuns/broken resolve system Resolve is working as intended.

My answers in Red.

Edited by Caeliux

1. No open world PvP

How is there no open world pvp? I find plenty in the open world. I don't think you know what it even means. The only thing real open pvp requires is that you cross paths with people to kill. It's not bioware's fault that you sit at the fleet. Go to one of the planets with dailies and fight people if you're looking for open world pvp. It's not really a difficult thing to accomplish. The only thing bioware hasn't done enough of, is cross faction quests and objectives that allow you to see the opposite faction more often while you're doing your own dailies. Still, even that is easy enough to remedy. Real pvper's know exactly where the opposite faction will be funneling - be it their base or an area thick with their quest objectives.

I'd be pleased if they added some open world dailies/weeklies, too, but open world is always there. Unless you play nonsense like GW2, where instanced, mass warzones are masquerading as open world pvp. L2openworld.

1. No open world PvP

How is there no open world pvp? I find plenty in the open world. I don't think you know what it even means. The only thing real open pvp requires is that you cross paths with people to kill. It's not bioware's fault that you sit at the fleet. Go to one of the planets with dailies and fight people if you're looking for open world pvp. It's not really a difficult thing to accomplish. The only thing bioware hasn't done enough of, is cross faction quests and objectives that allow you to see the opposite faction more often while you're doing your own dailies. Still, even that is easy enough to remedy. Real pvper's know exactly where the opposite faction will be funneling - be it their base or an area thick with their quest objectives.

I'd be pleased if they added some open world dailies/weeklies, too, but open world is always there. Unless you play nonsense like GW2, where instanced, mass warzones are masquerading as open world pvp. L2openworld.

You clearly took my "no open world pvp" quote quite literally. I meant there are no rewards for open world pvp

There used to be. No one used them enough. World pvp is the beast that requires players to actually participate in it. When you don't it doesn't happen. Warzones are popular because both sides agree to fight each other and its ease of access. You went out to ilum and farmed armaments waiting for some small group to cross paths with. when it happened great, otherwise it was just a gather quest.

World pvp is dead, not to any fault of BW but our own. Massive battles? check but drags down my comp. so fewer turnouts. then no turnouts.

but something like the gree event where it happens for a limited time and it works well.

Have you seen the population drop on the pvp servers? They really did a number to their pvp community. I don't see any of these patches making a difference. They are running a skeleton crew of pvp devs. Greed has finally caught up with this game. Too many resources are being devoted to the Cartel Market and not enough to a huge segment of their player base. It will take months to repair this if it can repaired at all. I suspect you will start seeing longer and longer ques until they do another merger or start cross que, I am being quite conservative in my assessment. The unsub button is starting to look like a viable option. We shall see.

You clearly took my "no open world pvp" quote quite literally. I meant there are no rewards for open world pvp

I don't think there should be. IN SWG (I quit when NGE hit) we never needed to be rewarded for open world pvp, we organized our own pvp events (like Rebel scum raiding the Emperor's retreat, or huge base complex's being made). Why does there need to be a reward? Open world PVP should be about the battle, not getting something out of it. World PVP doesn't happen because of a few things. Compartmentalized worlds. I'd say 80% of gameplay from 1 to 55 the factions never cross each other's paths. Segregated fleets. Why did they go this route? The fleets should have been raidable. Imagine logging in or zoning into the fleet and having a huge battle taking place, but nope...the game engine can't handle it and would crash the servers.

Unfortunately it boils down to this game engine. They can't create a world with sandbox elements to allow us to build cities/bases to create our own pvp environments simply because if more than 40 people show up the servers struggle to keep up. Which is absolutely amazing when you think about the fact that SWG, WoW, AION and other much older games CAN handle the numbers, yet here in 2013 a game less than 2 years old can't. Should have gone with an established engine instead of the, at the time, untested HERO engine.

people like grinding for gear

Stopped skimming your post after that and deemed you unfit for pvp. No real PVP'er enjoys a useless month-long grind on gear just to face roll. i rather my opponent have a shot than none at all simply because i can farm and he can't.

Let me guess... mad because EWH is no good anymore? lol

Greed has finally caught up with this game.

Greed? Looks to me more like trying to keep their head above water or be shut down altogether. From their accounts the CM market saved the game from total loss instead of just grabbing for more money. Greed would have been the CM market on top of the sub game pushing further sales with no cartel coins for subs.

Personally, I'm working on getting all my comms up for my 2 other 50s that are 52 & 53 right now. That way I can have all my comms ready to get my full Arkanian gear when they do hit 55. Hopefully, by that time they'll have all the bugs and exploits fixed. If not, I'll level up my other alts until such time that they do finally correct the problems. Besides, under 55 PvP is pretty fun. ;)

1. No open world PvP

2. Broken bolster system

7. STILL PRE SEASON?!?!

5 has been here since launch, nothing new, don't really care at this point. Pretty much every multiplayer game has some form of premades vs solo queue, even first person shooters.

6 baffles me

2 is what's going to do the game in.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.