Lowbie PvP is fun, but...

Sheike

Up until level 55 I'd been having a pretty good time with pvp. At 55 though, the gameplay quality took at pretty serious downward spiral. The damage levels just shoot through the roof. It's madness watching how insanely fast people around me just bite the dust after only a couple of hits, it's even worse with a geared pre-made.

I don't mean to sound insulting, but I don't remember reading anywhere that the objectives of the additions in 2.0 were

1.) Making people die virtually in the blink of an eye.

2.) By the latter, turning CC's into a death sentence in a game where rampant CC was already a minor problem.

3.) Flatout reducing the quality of the Elder Game experience.

This is just my 2 cents on the subject, am I in the wrong? Is this the way that things were planned to be in 2.0?

Are there plans to make concept of playing 55-pvp actually be somewhat appealing, because it really isn't right now.

:confused:

I suppose it just depends on the quality of the players on your server really. I have done quite a few games at 55 on my vanguard and I don't find myself dying extremely fast. But like I said, quality of players and other factors enter the situation. I figure now that since every team has like 6 healers that no one should be dying lol.

There is way too much cc in this game - not a big deal if you're a ranged class but it is a huge deal for melee. My sent routinely gets stunned dozens of times in any given wz and he gets knocked back and snared (or rooted) almost constantly.

Problem with 55 pvp is TTK is at two extremes. If you lack healers/tanks then everyone just blows up instantly, but if do have healers/tanks, no one dies. There is no balance in the TTK.

Depends on how many people on your team/on the enemy team are augment exploiting. Always fun seeing those 37k+ smash monkeys come flying in and blasting everybody around for 10k+ b/c they're toying with the jacked up bolster system. I still blame BW more than the losers who do whatever they can for an advantage tho.

Depends on how many people on your team/on the enemy team are augment exploiting. Always fun seeing those 37k+ smash monkeys come flying in and blasting everybody around for 10k+ b/c they're toying with the jacked up bolster system. I still blame BW more than the losers who do whatever they can for an advantage tho.

I'm sorry, I've never heard of this "augment exploit." What is that?

Lowbie pvp is more fun because you dont face premades.

When u reach lv 55 the fun goes away, why ?

- Premades in normal warzones (i cant understant this, seriously)

- Big differences about gear, what makes pvp very unbalanced for those fresh lv 55..:o

I see a lot of ppl complaining about that everyday and never seen feedback from BW about this until today.

- Big differences about gear, what makes pvp very unbalanced for those fresh lv 55..:o

I see a lot of ppl complaining about that everyday and never seen feedback from BW about this until today.

-"Don't face premades in Lowbie" = myth You may not face fully geared premades (or now days, full premades full of augment exploiters), but I know there are premades there.

- Bigger difference in gear in top level PvP = myth. Prior to 2.0, there could be huge differences sub-50 due to some people twinking and augmenting. That may be different now in exchange for whatever the hell is going on with bolster ATM; but that same screwed up bolster is in 55 PvP so it should be little different. Maybe more people are exploiting the augment bug, but that does not mean it is not possible sub-55.

Edited by Technohic

Problem with 55 pvp is TTK is at two extremes. If you lack healers/tanks then everyone just blows up instantly, but if do have healers/tanks, no one dies. There is no balance in the TTK.

And if BW 'balanced' this out by forcing groups to have even just 1 tank/healer combo people would be on here complaining about how long the queue times are. There's no good answer, it is what it is.

Do you understand what bolster is for? It's so that big difference in gear really isn't that big. With the exception of one remaining bug, working as intended.

And in regards to premades...a single premade is at most 4 of the 8 people on the opposite team. In your eyes should people not be allowed to queue with their friends/guildmates? Because, shocking I know, the social aspect is the reason a lot of people play MMO's over SimCity or some other garbage. Premades are not going to go away, find a guild or group of players to queue with and enjoy.

TTK is definitely lower in general on the lower brackets because Bolster gives you a very generous amount of Surge on those brackets that you're unlikely to obtain at 55.

But the main reason why low level PvP is fun is that you're unlikely to run into the 'don't lose' type premades that have 3 healers and a tank, whose goal is to hope you'll get bored and quit the game because you can't kill them at all. There's nothing fun about beating a team with 3 healers and a tank, and even less fun if you happen to lose to them. Teams like that are practically nonexistent at the lower brackets.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.