Which locations would you like to see for a new Warzone?

Onymus

Lets split this up into familiar locations and then new locations.

For locations we already know I would like to see a Coruscant and Dromund Kaas Warzone. The Coruscant location could be at the top of one of those huge skyscrapers with opportunities to knock off enemy players that get too close to an edge. For Dromund Kaas I would love a warzone inside the Dark Temple perhaps with some force ghosts or booby traps. There is lore in the game already to support these

(sacking of Coruscant and the Jedi attack from the Jedi Knight storyline)

My suggestion for a new location is not new to the lore but it is new to the game and it would be Yavin 4. I always liked the old art from the first Star Wars movie of the temples in the jungle. I think that a Warzone that is a contest to control a temple with jungle starting locations and a temple in the center would be great!

I'd like to see more maps with the same theme as huttball. It might not be as heroic as opening a hypergate or [insert exaggerated heroic save the world bull***** here], but it feels fun and it has the best immersion out of all Warzones (with random commercials and a commentator commenting on everything).

I'd like to see some creative thinking from the dev team, more "CTF" concepts, such as huttball. Something that requires smart individual playing as well as team effort.

So yeah a new "Huttball" type of map in a different setting would get my vote or an entire new concept with simular mechanics to huttball.

No more "get X-ammount of nodes and defend them" type of warzones. We have enough imo.

Edit: Sorry, forgot about location (Actual mechics is more important to me) but it would be awesome with locations that hint of the old movies, such as the temple of Yavin as proposed. Or maybe Kashyyk, with some enslave/release wookiees objectives =D

Edited by Twin

I'd actually like to see one that happens on Korriban, or just in some tomb of some sith lord or something. Second option would be easier to explain, probably. Changes of narrow corridors and open areas would be nice, and it would be a nice reflex test when you turn around a corner and see an enemy player in front of you. xD

I also kind of miss the kind of node game Battlefront had. Where you have more than 3 nodes (bf had usually 6 I think, but I guess 5 would be more suitable for SWTOR) and the node didn't need a guard because it would start alarming when an enemy arrived to there. Another one from Battlefront (2, at this time), would be a version of that flag game with 2 flags. 2 spawn points, 1 for enemy and 1 for your team. At your team's spawn point, there's a flag the enemy needs to get, and at the enemy spawn point there's a flag your team needs to get. When you get it, you have to get it back to your own spawn point (and enemy has to get theirs to they spawn point, of course). So like huttball with 2 balls.

Considering by the end of the story lines I've played, that, the Rep and Imps are at Galaxy wide war again

I would go for any number of planets on the front lines as it were, split them into Deathmatch, objective based and maybe a convoy guard or 2.

I doubt this would be implemented but, it would be kinda cool if wins and losses on these planets would contribute to overall control of the planet.

(just like the VERY old TA Boneyards)

A Balmorran arms race, where each side is churning out droids to attack the other sides power generator. The droids are the real threat, but if you focus on just them, then your enemy will have an easy time ganking you instead.

Of course, that's a mix of PVE and PVP, which I doubt anyone is going to consider.

I doubt this would be implemented but, it would be kinda cool if wins and losses on these planets would contribute to overall control of the planet.

Not a bad idea tbh. One of the last features implemented in SWG was somewhat simular, where every pvpkill (And some civil war related pve missions as well) resulted in a gain/loss of Area control points.

When a majority of the areas of a planet was under 1 factions control, the planetary score updated to their favor and if the % was really high, like above 70% control or something simular, there were negative effects for the opposing faction -such as an extra fee for using shuttles.

Also purchases from certain NPC vendors were at discount of you controlled most of the planet.

This was really fun and promoted world pvp, as well as it encouraged players to actually move around a bit. Even if they were not pvpers they could still affect the planetary score by quests and missions.

If BW could come up with something engaging like that, that encourages ppl to move around - it would mean alot to world pvp. Im not saying "Copy it" but im sure there are several ways to engage both the pvp and the pve crowds - and thats what we need imo.

I spent many hours travelling around "flipping zones" and fighting the rebels when they came to kill us, we really need something like this in SWTOR....minigames that offers alternative activities to doing the same "Warzones/flashpoints" over and over again. Space in swtor doesn't even count...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.