45 minutes to do 1 solo Makeb mission is too long

Felioats

Just because I'm higher level doesn't mean I magically have more time in my day.

I liked being able to feel like I accomplished something in a play session, but slogging through one of these chores -- or worse, merely making progress on a single one, logging out there so you don't have to spend 10 minutes fighting trash to get back -- is not fun.

One mission takes nearly as long as a hard mode flashpoint.

Yeah, I may be heal spec, but this is with a DPS companion, both of us in full Makeb planetary comm gear. We have a long way to go gearing up, certainly, but this better than the level of gear we would be expected to have when first doing Makeb. Someone going there on a fresh 50 with a mix of greens and blues would take what, more than an hour to do one mission?

I'm sure someone will boast that they can do them all in 15 minutes with rating 58 gear or something. Hooray for you; it's irrelevant. First, you probably did them before they boosted the mob density. Second, the fact remains these missions take a lot longer than anything on Corellia or Ilum.

I get my staged done within 45 mins every week on healer alts, maybe you are probably selecting the 3 Drill mission, avoid that

Yeah that mission is dreadfully long even for a decent sized group. Avoid it at ALL costs...

Yeah that mission is dreadfully long even for a decent sized group. Avoid it at ALL costs...

Agreed. First time I picked it, I abandoned it halfway through, because I was getting so frustrated with the mob density. And then a droid pushed me off a ledge and that was that. Never picked up the mission again :p

That whole area is incredibly frustrating.

This is why I dont think ill be taking my other chars to 55. Im logging in right now to see what happens on a non stealth char but I have a feeling this will be the end of my time here. Even having stealth it wasnt fun slogging through the mobs. So yeah, just too much trash.

M

This is why I dont think ill be taking my other chars to 55. Im logging in right now to see what happens on a non stealth char but I have a feeling this will be the end of my time here. Even having stealth it wasnt fun slogging through the mobs. So yeah, just too much trash.

M

You don't even need to set foot on Makeb to take your characters to level 55. Just need to own the expansion. Run dailies (Black Hole, Section X etc..), they give massive exp.

Agreed. First time I picked it, I abandoned it halfway through, because I was getting so frustrated with the mob density. And then a droid pushed me off a ledge and that was that. Never picked up the mission again :p

Did you at least go back and get some payback on that droid? :) You know.. just for satisfaction (forget the quest... just get some payback). :D

Yah Makeb is garbage almost all-around. The mob density is the worst offender though by far.

it's an artificial time pad they put in...takes longer to do something..so takes longer to level..spend more time there....claim x-hours of content...which is double what it should be because of garbage groups of mob after mob just standing around.

the xpac was only $10 (for subs) and worth it for the REST of the new stuff (5 lvls..raids..etc) but Makeb, itself, is utter crap. Crap design. A lackluster story ("Rise" of the Hutt Cartel??? it's more like a light fart)

That whole area is incredibly frustrating.

That zone in particular is what I was thinking of, yes. It's a nightmare.

Yeah, the mob density is VERY anoying.

Doesn't anyone know how to avoid aggroing mobs anymore? It's takes me 5 minutes to do each daily, weekly missions take alittle longer. The mob density is fine. When leveling it was just as easy to move around.

Edited by Sobur

Yah Makeb is garbage almost all-around. The mob density is the worst offender though by far.

it's an artificial time pad they put in...takes longer to do something..so takes longer to level..spend more time there....claim x-hours of content...which is double what it should be because of garbage groups of mob after mob just standing around.

the xpac was only $10 (for subs) and worth it for the REST of the new stuff (5 lvls..raids..etc) but Makeb, itself, is utter crap. Crap design. A lackluster story ("Rise" of the Hutt Cartel??? it's more like a light fart)

I don't know why I even bought the expansion at this point. Planet quests are always kinda meh, the "New exciting Macrobinoculars!" don't excite me in the least. The new HMFPs are alright, except I've already done the crap out of them, and the minor changes still don't change the fact that it's the same FPs that we slogged through on our way to level up, and attempting to PuG them is like voluntarily taking a cactus to the face. I can't comment on the new Op, as I haven't got a chance to run that yet. And on top of that, they've completely borked PvP, which actually IS my main focus in this game. So, out of what I paid for, the only thing I actually can enjoy this expansion, is the rebalanced skill trees, and a new ability per class. So, basically... 10 bucks for a new button, and 5 more talent points. Yay.

You don't even need to set foot on Makeb to take your characters to level 55. Just need to own the expansion. Run dailies (Black Hole, Section X etc..), they give massive exp.

Yes, I agree with this. My first 55 did most of it off of Makeb although I did do most of the Makeb quests just to do them. It was fun over all but the mob density was only doable by me due to stealth.I cant even imagine trying to get through it without stealth. Anyway yes, I COULD lvl to 55 off of Makeb but I did 8 chars through that old content and really dont want to play it more. Ill check back in after Ive played around on Makeb with my non stealthy dood. I got hung up doing some other things on my 55 lol.

M

Doesn't anyone know how to avoid aggroing mobs anymore? It's takes me 5 minutes to do each daily, weekly missions take alittle longer. The mob density is fine. When leveling it was just as easy to move around.

Actually being the scaredy cat that I am I pride myself on being quite excellent at avoiding mobs. In all games. The mobs on Makeb are too thick, period. It totally sucks the fun out of it for me having to slog through them, and that is WITH stealth. I think Im going to go "take a cactus to the face" (loved that lol) after a couple of hours of doing it on my non stealthy (havent decided which one Im gonna do yet). Itll be more fun.

M

M

Mob density is not that bad, you just need to work out how to drive past everything. As an example you can do the GSI Heroic 2+ Guarded Research without aggroing a single mob on the way to the instance.

The only staged mission that takes a long time (the one with the 3 drilling stations) only needs to be done once (for the achievement) and most of that time is traveling between the 3 drills. From then on you can do the other missions, the other solo ones all take about 5-10 minutes for me.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

I doubt I'll need make to hit 55. None of my characters finished storyline at 50. I'm usually over level in most places. So, my BH for example, hasn't don't all of corellia and none of ilum yet. May not be enough to take me to 55 in mission xp but I'll land on make a bit more ready.

You think that's bad, do a Scum and Villainy 1 shot session and see how long it takes. Those Boss fights are long.

Eh? I have done it since release on normal mode , I don't know about HM yet but it doesn't take any longer to do than the EV/KP/EC/TFB Used to.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.