Heal tree question for following play

Dermus

Hi guys,

I've started two healer character for some month but I was much more busy in leveling my dd-char.

Now we have the new 2.0 and the skills have changed. I only know at the moment that there are only two classes that don't have any healing option. These are the sith warrior and the jedi knight. All other classes can be played as healing class. I want to try every class for this and decide later which will be my favourite. My only problem is that I'm totally confused about the new skill trees and I'm not sure what to take....well sure there are skills where you exactly know that these are directly for your healing skill but not all are that clearly explained. Well how will I play my healing chars? First of all, I'm not going to play them in PvP. I really do know that I can't heal in PvP...I'm much better in damage dealing in PvP and well I don't get along with PvP in mmorpg. Don't know...I just feel uncomfortable with PvP. Well at least as a dd it is a bit better.

Ok back to the healer. I've played as a healer in swg and I've played the class mostly like this: staying away from the npc's, only concentrate on the tank for the heals and buffs at the most time and using Group heals if it's necessary.

well in swtor I'm also planning to heal the dd's if it's necessary but I will still concentrate on the tank for the heals. The dd's will have some healstims from me...the blue ones which also are giving Hot (=Heal over Time). So what is my question? I would like to have some skill tree suggestions that help me to get a clue for the skills that also support the healing and that I'm even not aware of. As I said I'd like to get the suggestions of every healing class (smuggler, bounty hunter, trooper, inquisitor and consular) and yes I do know the advanced classes which have the healing skills. Thanks for your help

In the beginning, you will first need to be able to focus on the tank. If the tank is good, you will never have to worry healing your allies or yourself. The problem lays that a lot of tanks don't absorb agro which makes putting Hots on your allies necessary. When you get comfortable with your abilities and learn how they work, you will slowly be able to apply HOTs and cleanses on the whole group. Everyone depends on you to survive as much as you depend on them to keep agro off you.

I have seen tanks guard a dps malee over a healer, but as long as they know what they are doing, you don't need to be concerned with it.

Edited by Targarion

scoundrel/operative:

its resource is energy and upper hand/tactical advantege, triggered by main heal, one attack, coming out from stealth and critting on HoT

great use of HoT: aoe heal and a probe you can place on every member of the group(crit on that provides UH/TA)

a istant heal free in resource terms (consumes upper hand/tactical advantage) and auto refreshing if the target is below 30% health

stealth,cover. the best output of heals while moving.

commando/merc:

heavy armor

resource: ammo/heat. if well managed with alacrity and rotation(advanced medical probe before medical probe, aoe heal buff) and cooldowns can last forever.

with a CD you can cast a channeled heal instantly(also main heal which is huge)

instant heal(big) and aoe heal while moving, main attack heals target and charges a stack to activate further buff on heals. Hot on aoe and a HoT probe lasting 5 minutes and activated on damage(not the top imo)

healing knockback

sage/sorc:

force speed and static barrier are two of the best utilities ingame (clears debuffs/impairing the first and heals a bit while absorbing big damage the second)

mainly casts or channels heals..istant Hot, aoe big HoT, instant self-heal. consumes health to regain resource

healing knockback

10 seconds total immunity, and a fancy lamp stick similar to a lightsaber noone knowing what they do with.

hope this helps..

I have seen tanks guard a dps malee over a healer, but as long as they know what they are doing, you don't need to be concerned with it.

The purpose of guarding a melee DPS is to help mitigate AOE damage which more often affects melee DPS, and to reduce their aggro. A melee DPS only needs to reach 110% of the current highest threat to gain aggro of a mob, whereas a healer outside 4 meters needs to reach 130%. Typically the aggro healers get is on mobs the tank and DPS haven't touched yet, where a single heal will give aggro.

Hi and thanks for the hints. sorry for my late reply but...well I was working pretty much (Business trip to a customer in a foreign country). All your hints are helping me but still I don't have any idea where I better invest my skill points in the heal tree or which skills I better don't touch and if there are some skills which might be also necessary in the other trees (well except for the skills which are giving more willpower, force, healing you are recieving or aim and so on). As I said after the changes I'm not sure about this and I hope that you can help me here. Which skills should I better not touch in the healing tree of the healing classes, which are definitely necessary (or mandatory) and which are optional? Which skills of the other trees are also necessary (except of the skills giving more force and so on)?

ok...I've thought about the skill trees and placed them on the Talent calculator. I hope that I'll get some feedback for them. Here we go:

1. Trooper (Commando) and Bounty Hunter (Mercenary)

Merc-Healer

commando-Healer

2. Agent (Operative) and Smuggler (Scoundrel)

Operative-Healer

Scoundrel-Healer

3. Consular (Sage) and Inquisitor (Sorcerer)

Sage-Healer

Sorcerer-Healer

Ok that's what I think might do the trick for each class. Now I would be pleased to get some feedback. What would you change and why? I hope it is not completely wrong...I just readed the description of the skills and thought that they might be helpful for the healer.

/edit Sage-Healer and Sorcerer-Healer edited. thanks for your help

Scoundrel and operative updated

commando and merc also updated and thanks again :)

Edited by Dermus

Sage/sorc healer comments: take points out of either your damage reduction or the AOE smash heal and put two points into telekinetic defense, second tier middle tree - it gives your shields more damage absorption.

Personally, I have neither of those listed skills (AOE smash in heal tree, DR in balance tree), and I spent the extra points in damage (Clamoring Force), but the last few points are a wash. The bonus to your bubble's strength should significantly outweigh the DR points for sure.

For scoundrel I would recommend taking the 2 points out of Anatomy Lessons and into Keep Cool. Its one of those "just in case" abilities where if someone gets down to low health very quickly you can pull out a lot of abilities to keep them up, then use Cool head to get your energy back up to a rate where it restores itself quicker. Also take the 2 points out of Element of Surprise, as a healer you don't want to be that close to mobs to use those abilities. I personally put it into Scar Tissue, but putting them into Dirty Escape in case you get attacked works, along with Scramble. Though all these abilities all depend on you getting attacked. Which..if you have a good tank shouldn't be too much of a problem. This might not be the best advice, I'm in no way an expert, but its just what I do.

EDIT: Also, commando tree looks pretty good to me. c: Just about what I use if not exactly.

Edited by LanaRyra

Forgot to chime in on the merc as well - I'd take the two points out of the pushback heal up at the top and one out of powered insulators and put them into the shield ones (Power Shield and Protective Field) - you already have a good spammable small AOE, and the immunity to interrupts and increased self-healing can be utter saviors. Otherwise looks good! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.