Advice please

Hi! Just started as a Scoundrel and I'd really like some advice.

I'm a bit of an ALT junkie and so far, all classes I tried are pretty straight-forward. I think I'm doing well with the scoundrel but it's a bit more involved than, say, my Imperial Agent Sniper, who's pretty much always ranged and stationary in cover (I find I almost never use cover with the scoundrel).

I'm level 14 and got 2 points in Exploratory Surgery, 2 points in Anatomy Lessons and 1 point in Bedside Manners. I've never been a healer in any MMO so I decided I'd give it a try. What skills from the other trees are helpful for Sawbones?

What are good tactics against 1 elite? 3 trash? 5 trash?

What should I carry in my standing stance bar and in my cover stance bar?

Should I give priority to stealth and hit hard at one target or send my companion in first to grab aggro? I don't mind healing when necessary but I definitely wanna get my hands dirty and not let the companion get all the glory!

I've got an orange gun, an orange scatter gun, and I'm about to get my orange armor . Should I always go for Skill mods or throw some Patron mods in the mix?

Thanks!

This is EXACTLY what I'm struggling with this character as well. I keep hearing about how good scoundrels are later, but I'm really struggling with the class and finding how to play it. With all my other characters I haven't ever had this issue. So I'm also looking for what experienced scoundrels have to say.

Hi! Just started as a Scoundrel and I'd really like some advice.

I'm a bit of an ALT junkie and so far, all classes I tried are pretty straight-forward. I think I'm doing well with the scoundrel but it's a bit more involved than, say, my Imperial Agent Sniper, who's pretty much always ranged and stationary in cover (I find I almost never use cover with the scoundrel).

I'm level 14 and got 2 points in Exploratory Surgery, 2 points in Anatomy Lessons and 1 point in Bedside Manners. I've never been a healer in any MMO so I decided I'd give it a try. What skills from the other trees are helpful for Sawbones?

What are good tactics against 1 elite? 3 trash? 5 trash?

What should I carry in my standing stance bar and in my cover stance bar?

Should I give priority to stealth and hit hard at one target or send my companion in first to grab aggro? I don't mind healing when necessary but I definitely wanna get my hands dirty and not let the companion get all the glory!

I've got an orange gun, an orange scatter gun, and I'm about to get my orange armor . Should I always go for Skill mods or throw some Patron mods in the mix?

Thanks!

I'll try to answer to the best of my abilities, i had a scoundrel before 2.0, sadly my file messed up and he got deleted :(. anyway as far as scoundrels are they are great mobile healers. If you want to be a healing spec, stick to sawbones till 45, once you hit 55 you have 10 more points to put in other trees. I haven't played any hybrid builds for scoundrels. also are you mainly doing this for PVP and PvE?

Well going against mobs, it depends on what you're going against if you have corso LET him get aggro first and you can throw down some heals when his health gets low and start dpsing from there. Now you probably have 1 cc skill which is slice droid, which works on droids only, you wont get another cc skill till level 20 and thats tranquilizer. This can only be used when you're in stealth and makes the target unable to act for 60 seconds which is great when you're fighting against 1 elite + trash or 2 strongs+1 elite like in some heroics.

as for mods always get more main stat than endurance so that means you need more cunning than endurance. Hopefully this answer some of your questions you ask. strictly if you want to stay a healer stick to sawbones skill tree.

Also don't forget to keep your companion geared for your level along with you. It's especially more important if you are a healer and rely on your comp for main dps. Stacking presence by collecting datacrons and try experimenting with presence stims. Both can give a real boost to your comp's performance.

I haven't played any hybrid builds for scoundrels. also are you mainly doing this for PVP and PvE?

Darn it! I've spent enough time on the forums that I should have known to specify... :o

I'm into PVE for now and for a good while to come.

I'm speccing healer mostly because I've never done it and it's a role I'd like to try in FP's. However, in the solo parts, I don't want to just let the companion do all the work while I sit back and keep his health up. If I'm a group's dedicated healer, I'll make sure I do my part correctly. On my own, I want to dish out some pain too!

it's not that I'm having problems. It's more that I feel I'm not playing the character as efficiently as I could.

Take a scenario where neither myself or my companion is in dire straights. What's a good rotation for regular mobs?

I generally open with stealth, back blast, blaster whip, dirty kick. Then I'll spam Quick Shot and Blaster Volley. Vital Shot if the critter is unusually resilient. Thermal Grenade if there are more than one critter left standing. Maybe get into cover to use Charged Burst.

This is fine against 3. Problem is, almost anything I do would be fine against 3. Just because it's easy, doesn't mean it's efficient. For example, against 5, my opener leaves me with no melee moves and 1 critter always breaks for me. Again, usually not a problem, but it's probably not optimal. What would be more efficient against 5? Will I ever get access to at least one good AoE or is Blaster Volley the best I can hope for?

Against strong or better, I'll send Corso first and get behind the target to do my regular opener. On those, I'll spam Vital Shot as much as possible while keeping an eye on health. In tehse fights, I try to refraing from burning too much power so I'm always good for a couple of heals.

Am I on the right track or am I burning through my skills too fast?

Also don't forget to keep your companion geared for your level along with you. It's especially more important if you are a healer and rely on your comp for main dps. Stacking presence by collecting datacrons and try experimenting with presence stims. Both can give a real boost to your comp's performance.

Check. Every 3 levels or so, I check the GTN for better green gear for him.

Darn it! I've spent enough time on the forums that I should have known to specify... :o

I'm into PVE for now and for a good while to come.

I'm speccing healer mostly because I've never done it and it's a role I'd like to try in FP's. However, in the solo parts, I don't want to just let the companion do all the work while I sit back and keep his health up. If I'm a group's dedicated healer, I'll make sure I do my part correctly. On my own, I want to dish out some pain too!

it's not that I'm having problems. It's more that I feel I'm not playing the character as efficiently as I could.

Take a scenario where neither myself or my companion is in dire straights. What's a good rotation for regular mobs?

I generally open with stealth, back blast, blaster whip, dirty kick. Then I'll spam Quick Shot and Blaster Volley. Vital Shot if the critter is unusually resilient. Thermal Grenade if there are more than one critter left standing. Maybe get into cover to use Charged Burst.

This is fine against 3. Problem is, almost anything I do would be fine against 3. Just because it's easy, doesn't mean it's efficient. For example, against 5, my opener leaves me with no melee moves and 1 critter always breaks for me. Again, usually not a problem, but it's probably not optimal. What would be more efficient against 5? Will I ever get access to at least one good AoE or is Blaster Volley the best I can hope for?

Against strong or better, I'll send Corso first and get behind the target to do my regular opener. On those, I'll spam Vital Shot as much as possible while keeping an eye on health. In tehse fights, I try to refraing from burning too much power so I'm always good for a couple of heals.

Am I on the right track or am I burning through my skills too fast?

Ah i see so you kind of want to take the mobs out faster, your rotation right now is what a scrapper would start off as which is good if you want to go to scrapper route if you go there for dps. But the thing you gotta worry about is your energy management, seeing how you probably have cool head but its in a 2 min cooldown. dont try to waste too much on skills that waste too much energy otherwise in tense fights you might not have enough for emergency heals. I would say start off with back blast roll into cover use flurry of bolts then a charge use vital shot for its dot and just see if corso can finish him off. I rarely used blaster volley since its kind of crappish.

You do get another aoe but that's not till level 48 which is a long way :(. Don't forget thermal grenade is also a good aoe, you dont even have to be in cover to use it.

Scoundrel can be a bit tricky to play in those first 10 levels (10-20). After that you get skills from trees, tranquilizer and generally start feeling better. Until 36 however, you will constantly find small "gaps" in rotation - it just happens. Then you get Shoot First and, at least for Scrapper, killing becomes extra fun. 99% of trash will die just from opening.

If you want to be a healer, but still show some teeth when it comes to mobs, try some hybrid spec. As long as you are decently geared, Slow Release Medpack and Kolto Pack should keep both you and your comp alive, which opens possibilities. I'd recommend going into Dirty Fighting hybrid since your fights are going to be longer being a healer. DF is dot-based and the longer fight goes on the more damage you'll accumulate.

One thing I found greatly improving skills is soloing Heroics along the way. When you're in danger of dying in every pull, rotations and tactics just keep popping in your mind:)

I'd also recommend buying Field Respec from Legacy. Scoundrels are very versatile as a class and ability to change between specs on the go is great. Example: After level 30-35, hybrid spec may not carry you in terms of healing through a FP. Or you just got bored and want to drop things on their face - respec is always useful.

In terms of abilities to use:

Blaster Volley - terribad thing that shouldn't even be on quickbar. At least not on primary one. It doesn't deal enough damage, deals weapon damage, which Scoundrel has no way of improving other than under FR-buff, and consumes Upper Hand, to which there are always better uses.

Vital Shots - nice dots that you'll always apply to silver and gold mobs.

Blaster Whip - gets you UH so its always useful, in all specs.

Thermal Grenade - its kinda meh. I don't find myself using it much after Tatooine. Its quite unproductive in terms of damage/energy, not to mention that you'll CC things from time to time and it break it. There are always better abilities to use. It damages 5 enemies at once, which is good, but I'd rather do something else with that 20 energy to kill one of those 5 and make my life that much easier.

Dirty Kick - Kick away!

Flashbang - Throw whenever you feel like you need a small break to heal or go get yourself a drink. Even better with one of the talents in Dirty Fighting which stops dots from damaging CCd targets.

Diagnostic Scan - keep it) Its bad, but its actually can be quite useful later on, when talented to restore energy on critical hits. Throw big heal - DS - another heal. Sometimes its also helpful when you just stand there with nothing to do, 'cause everyone is topped, and don't feel like dpsing.

Cheers.

Ah i see so you kind of want to take the mobs out faster, your rotation right now is what a scrapper would start off as which is good if you want to go to scrapper route if you go there for dps. But the thing you gotta worry about is your energy management, seeing how you probably have cool head but its in a 2 min cooldown. dont try to waste too much on skills that waste too much energy otherwise in tense fights you might not have enough for emergency heals. I would say start off with back blast roll into cover use flurry of bolts then a charge use vital shot for its dot and just see if corso can finish him off. I rarely used blaster volley since its kind of crappish.

You do get another aoe but that's not till level 48 which is a long way :(. Don't forget thermal grenade is also a good aoe, you dont even have to be in cover to use it.

I'm constantly using Tehrmal Grenade with my Sniper and never with my Scoudrel. I need to keep it in mind.

I might give Scrapper a try if I naturally picked up its stylle. Might better suite me?

Thanks!

Scoundrel can be a bit tricky to play in those first 10 levels (10-20). After that you get skills from trees, tranquilizer and generally start feeling better. Until 36 however, you will constantly find small "gaps" in rotation - it just happens. Then you get Shoot First and, at least for Scrapper, killing becomes extra fun. 99% of trash will die just from opening.

If you want to be a healer, but still show some teeth when it comes to mobs, try some hybrid spec. As long as you are decently geared, Slow Release Medpack and Kolto Pack should keep both you and your comp alive, which opens possibilities. I'd recommend going into Dirty Fighting hybrid since your fights are going to be longer being a healer. DF is dot-based and the longer fight goes on the more damage you'll accumulate.

One thing I found greatly improving skills is soloing Heroics along the way. When you're in danger of dying in every pull, rotations and tactics just keep popping in your mind:)

I'd also recommend buying Field Respec from Legacy. Scoundrels are very versatile as a class and ability to change between specs on the go is great. Example: After level 30-35, hybrid spec may not carry you in terms of healing through a FP. Or you just got bored and want to drop things on their face - respec is always useful.

In terms of abilities to use:

Blaster Volley - terribad thing that shouldn't even be on quickbar. At least not on primary one. It doesn't deal enough damage, deals weapon damage, which Scoundrel has no way of improving other than under FR-buff, and consumes Upper Hand, to which there are always better uses.

Vital Shots - nice dots that you'll always apply to silver and gold mobs.

Blaster Whip - gets you UH so its always useful, in all specs.

Thermal Grenade - its kinda meh. I don't find myself using it much after Tatooine. Its quite unproductive in terms of damage/energy, not to mention that you'll CC things from time to time and it break it. There are always better abilities to use. It damages 5 enemies at once, which is good, but I'd rather do something else with that 20 energy to kill one of those 5 and make my life that much easier.

Dirty Kick - Kick away!

Flashbang - Throw whenever you feel like you need a small break to heal or go get yourself a drink. Even better with one of the talents in Dirty Fighting which stops dots from damaging CCd targets.

Diagnostic Scan - keep it) Its bad, but its actually can be quite useful later on, when talented to restore energy on critical hits. Throw big heal - DS - another heal. Sometimes its also helpful when you just stand there with nothing to do, 'cause everyone is topped, and don't feel like dpsing.

Cheers.

Thanks for the pointers and skill assessment. That should steer me in the right direction!

You wouldn't happen to know exactly where it is located in the Legacy window? Darn there's lotsa them!

Nevermind! Found it! I'll wait a bit and see if I really like tghe class but I'll defniitely keep this in mind. Thanks!

Well, just did a FP... I was tagged as DPS but I asked if I could try to be main healer. Let me tell you I've got a LOT more respect for good healers now!!!

I'll try a few more to see if I'm cut out for the role or if I should go straight for Scrapper.

Well, just did a FP... I was tagged as DPS but I asked if I could try to be main healer. Let me tell you I've got a LOT more respect for good healers now!!!

I'll try a few more to see if I'm cut out for the role or if I should go straight for Scrapper.

Ah did you do well as a healer?

well i would say wait till 30 or so when most skill trees show their true form. Switch to scrapper when you hit 30 and see how it goes for you

Ah did you do well as a healer?

well i would say wait till 30 or so when most skill trees show their true form. Switch to scrapper when you hit 30 and see how it goes for you

Thanks for the tip!

I think I did OK. Everyone knew I was new at that role and the "real" healer was keeping an eye out. He had to pitch in at first but I don't think he had much healing to do, if any, during the last fight (oh wait... he did heal ME because the DPS was not taking care of the adds...). The healer did check up on me before the fight and asked if I wanted to be healer for that fight, which I thought was a very classy gesture. I like to think he thought I could pull it off.

Now, I did make it clear that my priority was going to be the tank (implying that the DPS should not be getting aggroed if he did his job right). The healer was definitely experienced and the tank was new to tanking but experienced in SWTOR. The DPS did not talk much... Overall it went pretty smoothly!

That was at the end of Corruscant and it definitely helped me adjust to Taris as a healer with Corso as tank.

Now I can say that being DPS is definitely easier! My Sniper can dish out the pain and never needs healing... I'll need to try tanking with my Knight next!

It's not too bad to be a good healer. they key is to know your skills and how they impact the overall progress of the damage in a fight.

One of the biggest abilities you have is Slow Release Medpack. But it is a HoT (heal over time), so it's greatest potential is wasted if you "wait" to apply it, unlike your bigger heals that have a cast time...those you want to give it a bit as if you cast them when the target is too full on health, your wasting heals. So get SRM off early...I like to just cast it if someon starts (or I expect them to start) taking damage. It's relatively cheap, and many of your later talent trigger off of it (like your upper hand charges).

Diagnostic scan is also a big deal. with the appropriate talents, using Dx means you never run out of energy. if your standing around and picking your nose as a scoundrel healer, you should do one of three things:

1) if someone is taking damage, they should have an SRM on them.

2) if everyone has an SRM, and your energy is not 90%+, spam Dx scan

3) if your energy is capped, everyone has SRM, then hit something or blow something up.

Intersperse Emergency med packs if you need a fast jolt to the healing (talent at lvl 30). Kolto pack if they are getting hit hard and you have the UH charges to spare (happens easily in this build once you get Medpac mastery).

So overall, they key is to be Pro-active with the heals. recognize that downtime isn't downtime..it;s either throwing a bleed or backblast on a target, or using Dx Scane to catch up on minor heals AND recover energy (this is big), OR rolling SRM's on a target. The scoundrel is not a wait for damage then heal class. you realize that, and get proactive, and you will find the scoundrel to be an amazing healer.

On the solo side:

I currently run with this build: (level 44-45 ish).

Hybrid Scrapper

still has a few points left to go, and I'll prob pop them in the scrapper tree. I leveled up as sawbones until roughly 40. Picked the hybrid because i found myself with plenty of UH charges sitting around doing nothing when I was full sawbones. Comp is healed...don't need to spend it on EMP, so i ran up the scrapper tree to sucker punch so I could spam SP when things are looking happy. I run with Akkavi, and stuff dies sick fast with her smacking things with her staff, and me suckerpunching and backblasting away. Level up the sawbones tree first...I found this to be the most helpful early on when my skills and talents were minimal...the more healing I could do the better.

In a group its a bit different...the extra healing from the full sawbones tree is definitely worth it. but solo it's much more fun to run a hybrid. stuff dies really fast with this and Akaavi as a comp. Oh yeah, and the caveat: I have no clue if this is Optimal, but it is effective. I tend to kill stuff faster with this hybrid and my comp with good gear then I do as a DPS spec with a healer comp. This will probably change when i get to 45+ and i can hit the capstones in the DPS trees, but I enjoy the hybrid. SRM and suckerpunch is just a fun and effective combo with a solid companion.

Edited by Elyxin

It's not too bad to be a good healer. they key is to know your skills and how they impact the overall progress of the damage in a fight.

One of the biggest abilities you have is Slow Release Medpack. But it is a HoT (heal over time), so it's greatest potential is wasted if you "wait" to apply it, unlike your bigger heals that have a cast time...those you want to give it a bit as if you cast them when the target is too full on health, your wasting heals. So get SRM off early...I like to just cast it if someon starts (or I expect them to start) taking damage. It's relatively cheap, and many of your later talent trigger off of it (like your upper hand charges).

Diagnostic scan is also a big deal. with the appropriate talents, using Dx means you never run out of energy. if your standing around and picking your nose as a scoundrel healer, you should do one of three things:

1) if someone is taking damage, they should have an SRM on them.

2) if everyone has an SRM, and your energy is not 90%+, spam Dx scan

3) if your energy is capped, everyone has SRM, then hit something or blow something up.

Intersperse Emergency med packs if you need a fast jolt to the healing (talent at lvl 30). Kolto pack if they are getting hit hard and you have the UH charges to spare (happens easily in this build once you get Medpac mastery).

So overall, they key is to be Pro-active with the heals. recognize that downtime isn't downtime..it;s either throwing a bleed or backblast on a target, or using Dx Scane to catch up on minor heals AND recover energy (this is big), OR rolling SRM's on a target. The scoundrel is not a wait for damage then heal class. you realize that, and get proactive, and you will find the scoundrel to be an amazing healer.

On the solo side:

I currently run with this build: (level 44-45 ish).

Hybrid Scrapper

still has a few points left to go, and I'll prob pop them in the scrapper tree. I leveled up as sawbones until roughly 40. Picked the hybrid because i found myself with plenty of UH charges sitting around doing nothing when I was full sawbones. Comp is healed...don't need to spend it on EMP, so i ran up the scrapper tree to sucker punch so I could spam SP when things are looking happy. I run with Akkavi, and stuff dies sick fast with her smacking things with her staff, and me suckerpunching and backblasting away. Level up the sawbones tree first...I found this to be the most helpful early on when my skills and talents were minimal...the more healing I could do the better.

In a group its a bit different...the extra healing from the full scrapper tree is definitely worth it. but solo it's much more fun to run a hybrid. stuff dies really fast with this and Akaavi as a comp. Oh yeah, and the caveat: I have no clue if this is Optimal, but it is effective. I tend to kill stuff faster with this hybrid and my comp with good gear then I do as a DPS spec with a healer comp. This will probably change when i get to 45+ and i can hit the capstones in the DPS trees, but I enjoy the hybrid. SRM and suckerpunch is just a fun and effective combo with a solid companion.

Thanks for the awesome pointers!

Right now, I'm pretty much limited to UM and KP as I don't have SRM yet. I like to send Corso in to get beat up a bit, throw UM at him to get UH, then KP at him to keep him healed for a few seconds. Then I decide if I stay on medic duty or if I start laying the smack down on critters.

Isn't Dx underwhelming? 83 points over 3 seconds? I understand it's free, but it really has its uses? Is it more coop-oriented than solo? I never ever use it solo and I was outraged at having to spend 1650 creds on that skill just to get the star off the trainer.

Also, I noticed most builds takes Anatomy Lessons. I'll learn from my betters and take that out when I go to the fleet. I guess those 2 points will be better spent elsewhere.

Thanks again!

I ignored it initialy when I got it...it seems very small. Until you get the talents that boost it's power, AND boost it's crit chance. Then you add in Prognisis,which halves the time it takes to cast it (thereby doubling the amount you actually heal with it...same amount, half the time...), and on top of that, each crit give you back 2 energy with patient studies. with my normal crit rating + the talent bonus, im over 50% crit on that. I can literally fill my energy bar from halfway with 2-3 Dx..and crits for me at 42 are just topping 200 per tick.

it's not a group saving skill mind you...it's the healing PLUS the energy recuperation. I can burst heal my comp, get down to 25% energy, and spend the next few seconds using Dx to fill my energy bar right back up. it really fills that fast. and the healing isn't a life saver, but under lower damage conditions (your normal standard mob or most silvers) it can maintain your comps health for the most part.

But your right...early on, until the talents start kicking in, it definitely is underwhelming. i didn't even start using it till my mid 20's, when the talents start making it worth it. your spot on with your approach. you have 2 big heals. use em when corso gets low, otherwise backblast, bleed, and allot of autoshot (think of it as a manually triggered DoT). At low levels, it's helpful to use blaster whip on CD, until you get medpack mastery in your high 20's it's the only way outside of kills and/or UM that you can trip UH.

I play all 3 heal classes, and I find that the Scoundrel has the most energy management skills. but that's good, because they also use the most energy. with my Mercenary (commando), I can put out as much healing but only be at 20% heat or so (they build heat like you spend energy, just in the reverse direction). my sage has a vast force pool, but recovery isn't as fast. my scoundrels energy bobs up and down like a fishing pole with a saltwater trout on it. so energy recuperation is critical.

Note on anatomy lessons. Honestly, until someone gives you a solid reason for having it in your leveling build, I'd skip it. there are far better talents in those tiers that you could benefit from NOW. fully specced, it's only 4 energy reduction on a skill you use every 45 seconds. from 10 energy to....6. oooooh big savings there. and tendon blast is 99% a PvP skill....i haven't used it ONCE on my PvE character.

Compare that to the other two talents in that tier. one increases your Cunning (your main everything stat) by9%. thats allot. the other one reduces the cast time of the only 2 heals you have right now by half a second....thats huge. casting a 2.5 second UM feels like forever when your comp is being ganged up on. PLUS, it gives you your other source of UH outside of pistol whip.

In all honesty, I think that is a skill that is there for those who are focusing more on DPS trees (they need all the energy savings they can get) and PvP. I've never taken it, and after combing the first 3 tiers of the tree, there are plenty other talents that help you far more.

Edited by Elyxin

I ignored it initialy when I got it...it seems very small. Until you get the talents that boost it's power, AND boost it's crit chance. Then you add in Prognisis,which halves the time it takes to cast it (thereby doubling the amount you actually heal with it...same amount, half the time...), and on top of that, each crit give you back 2 energy with patient studies. with my normal crit rating + the talent bonus, im over 50% crit on that. I can literally fill my energy bar from halfway with 2-3 Dx..and crits for me at 42 are just topping 200 per tick.

Ah! It does sound handy now. Thanks for the heads-up. It just seems very expensive and under-achieving at the level we get it.

At 50+ my go to rotation for 4-man groups is pretty simple and with decent gear(66+) and a tank who knows what they are doing, I can keep everyone at 100% constantly. Pretty much goes like this.

First, try to be in stealth before fight starts so you get the 2 UH when dropping out of stealth. Apply SRM to everyone in the group. 8 in a row 1 at a time for each person in group in sequence to get 2 stacks on everybody. This sets up a CD cycle for SRM. I'll watch the CD of the buff on the first person I put the SRM on. When it runs almost out, I will repeat the cycle. You only have to do it once more for each player from then on if you don't miss the timing to maintain the 2 stacks. What's nice about SRM is that you can do it on the run, so it is pretty easy to maintain the cycle even if you have to reposition to get out of AoE, etc. The only thing that should mess with this cycle is if you get stunned for too long or someone gets knocked out of range before you can refresh.

After the first round of 8, I will apply a KP to the tank whether or not they are currently taking damage unless a dps is dropping like mad. If that's happening then the tank isn't doing their job or the dps isn't paying attention to AoEs. Immediately after KP I will drop a KC on the tank. If for some reason I am taking damage too, I will try and get within range of the tank so I get under the cloud too. After that it is just maintaining the SRMs and dropping KP and KC on CD. You can alternate KP on another dps or yourself even, if the tank is not taking top damage. Otherwise you will pretty much always have UH available for a EMP here or there as needed. You shouldn't ever really need UM or anything else really. Energy should always be above 60 with this rotation.

Now if the tank is not doing their job or dps is aggroing multiple mobs, then this goes out the window and it can be sweat bullets time.

Most healers don't really use a set rotation and this isn't something I use all the time either. But it sets up some good habits like keeping multiple SRMs up and keeping KP and KC on CD as much as possible. It also gives a good idea of how to be efficient with your energy. Obviously for larger raids with less than 2/4(8-man/16man) healers or PvP, this rotation wouldn't be practical.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.