Scrapper 2.0 Stat Priority (Alacrity/Surge)

Hmille

There are still many questions as to what the best stat priority is for DPS Scoundrels/Operatives. According to: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/09/1362011240-dr-curve-2-0-swtor.png ,

surge stops at 80%, so you can only assume that both specs should use between 70-75% surge, with the rest in alacrity. Almost full Conqueror, I currently sit at 304 alacrity and 316 surge rating. When optimized, it will be 320 alacrity and 320 surge rating. My alacrity is at 6.18% and my energy regeneration rate is 6.4. I use Black Market Mods (Increases alacrity by 2%.) and Rolling Punches (Back Blast and Shoot First have a 100% chance to trigger Rolling Punches, which increases alacrity by 6% for 15 seconds.) Alacrity is much more useful than it used to be pre-2.0, because it now reduces the GCD. Now having 5 pieces of surge and 5 pieces of alacrity, I don't know if that is too much alacrity or not. My critical multiplier is currently at 68.62%.

So my question is... Should I drop a piece of alacrity for surge?

According to the graph, Surge has very sharp diminishing returns after you reach 70%. Alacrity's diminishing returns is far less steep. Optimally then, you would stack surge till 70%, and then stack pts in other stats.

However, to decide whether one enhancement change between alacrity and surge makes much difference, you will need to parse the change.

Purely guessing: since you are close to 70% surge, I would swap the enhancement and see if the reduction in speed doesn't feel right. However, PVP is heavily burst dependent (particularly for scrapper). I would think that the slight increase to speed/burst would offset any long-run gains from increased surge.

• 2 weeks later...
According to the graph, Surge has very sharp diminishing returns after you reach 70%. Alacrity's diminishing returns is far less steep. Optimally then, you would stack surge till 70%, and then stack pts in other stats.

What he says is true but keep this in mind; every time you backblast or shoot first you get a alacrity boost that pretty much lasts until you do those attacks again. You should focus on getting surge up to the cap first before messing around with alacrity. Also since we do need accuracy now I seriously doubt you will hit the cap for surge while still maintaining enough accuracy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.