Color Crystals and Sages/Sorcerors

Korithras

I had the idea for sages and sorcerors that their lightsaber crystals should effect the color of their primary attacks. So in the case of a sorceror, say you had a red-black crystal for example, you would shoot red-black lightning with lightning strike, force lightning, etc. Same goes for sages, the color crystal would effect their abilities in the same way (I don't have a sage so I don't know the ability names.) Granted for a sage the effect would be somewhat more subtle than a sorc's lightning but I think there is potential with this.

Nope. That's a foolish idea in many ways.

1. There would be complaints that sorcs got the better deal because lightning is actually noticeable.

2. Sages TKT would look like fruity pebbles.

3. Lore and physics does not allow.

Nope. That's a foolish idea in many ways.

1. There would be complaints that sorcs got the better deal because lightning is actually noticeable.

2. Sages TKT would look like fruity pebbles.

I acknowledge the that one and two are legitimate arguments, but three isn't necessarily valid here. Episode VI, Palpatine uses purple lightning. Episode II, Dooku is using blue lightning. So there is actually grounds for different colored lightning effects.

I doubt that Palpatine and Dooku were having crystals in their pockets to color their lightning. Also both were using a red saber but produced blue/purple lightning, so quite obviously the color crystal of a lightsaber doesn't have any effect on force abilities.

I doubt that Palpatine and Dooku were having crystals in their pockets to color their lightning. Also both were using a red saber but produced blue/purple lightning, so quite obviously the color crystal of a lightsaber doesn't have any effect on force abilities.

No obviously I'm not saying the movies coincide with my idea, all I'm saying is that there is precedent for the idea that not all lightning is one color that's all.

Sorry, I agree with everyone else here, this seems rather stupid. I'm not trying to be overly harsh, I just doubt it would work. EA/Bioware need to focus more on fixing the game's bugs/ making more parts enjoyable. Not aspects like this.

LOL. What does physics have to do with it? I understand that in the SW lore there have not been multicolored rainbows of Force Lightning, but in what way does physics hinder the ability of a fictional sorcerer to change the color of their attacks?

As an added cosmetic effect only, I agree with this change. It would be cool.

Coding however, may not allow for it. We all have experienced this games coding in some bad ways in this game. Wouldn't won't to make the issue worse just for a cosmetic effect on an ability.

If it were possible, I imagine it would be similar to how it looks when my GS does an attack with both pistols. I have a black/purple crystal and black/blue crystal in my pistols.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.