So... was Makeb a 'Hit' or 'Miss' for you?

Kadin

I think we've had plenty of time now to really get a good idea of the planet and what it has to offer.

For me, it was a miss. I'm not saying it was terrible, but I really don't like the planet. It's not great to look at and traveling around the various locations can be a little annoying especially with as closely packed as some of the mobs can be. I've run 2 characters through it and I'm on my 3rd now but I'm starting to think about skipping it and going back to grinding dailies for the xp.

So what are your thoughts overall? Happy, mad... so-so?

:wea_01:May the 4th be with you!!!

:wea_01:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess I am going to be a polar opposite.

Makeb is wonderful planet from graphical standpoint, the story (at least on Rep side) and the feeling o occupied planet is great

Same here.

I'm thinking it's a hit. Maybe not a bull's eye, but definitely a hit. I can see it getting old when you're running multiple characters through it, but I expected that because all the planets get old when you run multiple characters through them, especially one right after the other.

I've pretty much just been playing one character since 2.0 hit. I've sent my other two 50s to Makeb, but haven't done much of anything there on either of them yet.

I did really enjoy Makeb on my new main, a Gunslinger. The quests were interesting, and the planet looks nice. I do need to think about leveling my Sage to 55 pretty soon, because she's my Artificer and I'd like to have full access to all the craftable armor dyes when 2.1 hits.

I've enjoyed the expansion, but I also didn't set my expectations too high. I've definitely gotten my $10 worth out if it.

Edited by nateslice

I've definitely gotten my $10 worth out if it.

This is the part I have to keep reminding myself about. Clearly it's worth the money... that's without question. Sometimes it's easy to forget that.

without any doubt a hit, but some way from a bulls eye, as already said.

The problem isn't so much Makeb which is a very good planet by comparison to the others, its 2.0 which has badly missed IMO. I do think 2.0 will be brought into line though given time, possibly before 3.0 :)

I think makeb is a little more alive than the other planets but is still just a single track road with a side alley or two, very very linear, as the this type of MMO always is, but it is still dead.

Without epic battles this game is just a game of picking off whichever enemy is standing around waiting, there is no planet conflict (on Makeb or anywhere else) and the story, as good as it is in parts, is just a novella with some animation, there is no interaction of any consequence.

I pretty much echo the positive comments that everyone has shared. I'm a little slower than everyone else, (having only taken my Jedi Knight through Makeb.) I will eventually take my other alts through once they are properly armored.

I love Makeb.Good story, nice views. It's a HIT for me.

For 10- bucks it was a hit. I enjoyed the IMP story first time through, but I am not sure I want to do it 3 more times.

The issue I have is with level 55, when they released the game they knew there was not enough end game content. Then we get more dailys, more flashpoints and more opps. However when they released 2.0 and lv 55 we have less flash points, less opps and less dailys. Whats worse is that they didn't even bother redoing the script for the lv 55 hard modes, I dont know about the REP but the quests and the dialog make no sence for a lv 55 doing hard mode flashpoints. Given that most people skip the flash points at lower levels or play them once it would have made more sence to script them for the end game player.

I liked it, loved the story but I don't like how it went. Go here, then here, then here, then here, then here, now fight this boss, the empire wins! Glory to the empire! It's begging for more story, some lasting thread that will keep going in a believable fashion, I just find it hard to accept that after all this hype about the rise of the cartel it's over after a few missions. Not even an epic raid or continued battles against them, it wasn't really a massive explosion of conflict, more like a little sparkler, mildly entertaining for a bit but then it burns out while you wait for the big boom to pop up.

The hutt cartel needs to regroup and launch attacks against the empire and republic, what we need are daily quests in the same vein of the Contain and Control weekly with different selections for the quests you do, on this day the hutts are doing this, on this day the republic is doing that, requiring us to be moving to different planets, striking them down where ever the threat might rise. We also need a more progressive storyline, as you progress in dailies the daily hub itself grows in size and strength, more soldiers, droids, etc. Granted most players will always want more content but the makeb storyline is just begging to be continued and soon.

For 10- bucks it was a hit. I enjoyed the IMP story first time through, but I am not sure I want to do it 3 more times.

The issue I have is with level 55, when they released the game they knew there was not enough end game content. Then we get more dailys, more flashpoints and more opps. However when they released 2.0 and lv 55 we have less flash points, less opps and less dailys. Whats worse is that they didn't even bother redoing the script for the lv 55 hard modes, I dont know about the REP but the quests and the dialog make no sence for a lv 55 doing hard mode flashpoints. Given that most people skip the flash points at lower levels or play them once it would have made more sence to script them for the end game player.

Even lvl 50 HM flashpoints's script make no sense. You can still kill certain droid on the Foundry after you killed his repaired self in False Emperor, etc. It is gameplay vs Story segregation.

? i'm not sure how anyone could be dissastified with RotHC for $10

...... I paid that for Plants vs. Zombies

..... I paid $6 for Angry Birds.

Last time the wife and I went to a movie we spent $35 for 2 hours of intertainment & some crappy food. RotHC cost us $20 and we spent more than 4 hours just on the macrobinoculars & seeker droid content.

I'll tell you what wasn't worth it's price tag....SC2 HotS ~ didn't even get 20 hrs of play time out of it ~ and the mission designs are too boring to replay right after the first play through.

While I haven't completed it...it's a definite MISS for me.

worth $10? sure...but that doesn't make the faults disappear.

Too many mobs...feels lifeless...too linear (which can be said about any planet)...no real "carrot" to chase after and slogging through the story feels like a chore.

hate to say it but it just seems like more "proof" that a story-focused MMO doesn't work..and BioWare doesn't know how to make a "good" MMO....too linear..too much of a grind...etc. Even though the class stories are great their diminished by the fact 95% of what you're doing are the same side-quests and linear planets over and over....really kills replayability.

They should stick to single-player RPG's

Edited by Suromir

I'm still not done with it, but any and all story is a plus in my book.

So far I loved getting back in it with my bitca-y Sith Inquisitor lady, and she plays her part perfectly.

Seriously, Xanthe Elbrick, call me, let's do a movie/theater play/youtube skit together.... :rolleyes:

And I haven't even seen anything of it on the republic side, so yeah.... Still the big unknown. :D

(edit: boom: buffy reference)

Edited by Talahar

I was decent fun doing the story once, but it's replay value isn't great, there's little exploration (or sense of, at least) and I dont like the "Go to point A, do whatever, come back" mission format, it's boring and repetitive. That goes for the game as a whole though, there isn't much in the way of new ideas.

And you have a holo communicator ... why do you keep needing to return to base for every single little thing?

I'd say a definite hit, with a few qualified remarks:

The Good: Loved the planet, some of the missions (esp heroics) are among the best in the game, and the whole thing felt like SWTOR 2.0 - IE an upgrade on what's come before.

The Bad: I ran it as a stealther so it was ok, but I think some parts would swiftly become a trudge from hell though the densly-packed mobs. The story was good, but not epic.

For example, why do they need Isotope-5 to power a starship? It's not like it's difficult to get a starship airborne in the SWTOR galaxy..... .

The Ugly: Have you tried the female/female SGR? It's toe-curlingly embarrassing and about as romantic as a concrete pylon.

I was hoping for something well written that would fit in with my character's stern-jedi-who-secretly-yearns-for-love persona, but the lines were cheeserific and, imho, bordered on sexual harrassment. Bioware used to be famed for its good writing - what happened?

Special mention - the final cutscene on the rep side is worthy of being in the films. The good ones.

Neither for me, it was what it was or is, I liked some if and did not like some of it, will I take all of my alts through it, no, one Imperial and one Rep toon was enough for the few hours it lasted.. /shrug Edited by kevlarto

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.