What's a good class.

liamonamac

What kind of class are you looking for? Class with exciting class story or class with the basic "hero saves the say"-story? As the guy above me asked, would you like to play as dps, healer or tank? Are you interested in playing pvp? Would you like to play a melee character (attacks have the range of 4-10m) or a ranged character (attacks have at least 30m range)?

The easiest ones for newer players to learn the ropes with are probably Trooper and BH archetypes (both ACs - though BHs get a healer as their first companion). Mercenaries and Commandos are especially well-rounded when it comes to solo PvE levelling and small group content.

Well, I don't care for healing, but I do want something with a good plot.

I hear the Imperial Agent has a good storyline, but one thing i do know about them is that they get some of their additional companions later then most other classes. You get a companion on the starter world just like everybody else, then you get your ship droid on the second planet just like everybody else. BUT you wont see another companion until around level 30-32. Then you get your healer companion at around level 34-36.

But enough about that...IMO the main reason you should pick a class is because of its playstyle, not the story. Lot of people might say Imp Agent story is the best but if you dont like the gameplay of the sniper/operative (Agent advanced classes) then you're gonna have a hard time playing the game when you arent doing storyline stuff.

You say you dont care for healing, but what about tanking? do you want to tank or did you just want to stick to dps? what kind of dps did you want to do? melee, ranged, stealthed+melee?

Personally I could recommend Imperial Agent and Sith Warrior, both have nice stories. Imperial Agents can be ranged dps (snipers) or melee dps with stealth (operative), since you don't want to heal. Sith Warriors can be tanks (juggernaut) or melee dps (juggernaut or marauder).

Also, there are some limits i.e. if you are going to play pvp and don't keybind your abilities, you should not pick sith warrior, since those are pretty hard to handle with clicking and keyboard turning.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.