Noob post- Lvl50 and not sure what to do.

I have the Makeb pack bought, and I'm currently rank 53. I'm a madness sith assassin.

When I made 50, just before 2.0, I picked up the Tionese gear. Not only was I unaware that it was about to become history, but I have since found out I picked up the wrong one (Force Mystic when I should've gone for Stalker).

So, anyway, I'm trying to get my way through Makeb but I am finding it tough as I don't think I have good gear at all. I currently have 100 planetary commendations, and about 60 classics and 60 basics. What should I be putting my efforts into now and what gear should I next been looking to get?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When I first hit 50 they didn't have free Tionese, I started the grind with a mix of blue L35-50 gear.

Besides what was already said make sure you equip your main companion with decent stuff too for the Makeb adventure. It will help if you got a decent right hand man for the fights.

Don't worry about gear. Tionese gear is not worth to think about it. Just try to get through makeb and try to get some credits by famring materials e.g. you will be able to get better gear at the gnt. check out implants and ears which are called microfilament resolve.... just search it and you may find some good items for less credits, use your planetary commendations for purchasing artifact boxes from the makeb vendor or just buy the gear which is available at this vendor and you are on a good track to get ready for heroic lvl 55 fp's where you will get more powerful gear.

if you have trouble on makeb, just find another player who is questing at your location and ask him to build a group. playing in a group makes questing and leveling much easier.

Edited by Messiaah

I have the Makeb pack bought, and I'm currently rank 53. I'm a madness sith assassin.

When I made 50, just before 2.0, I picked up the Tionese gear. Not only was I unaware that it was about to become history, but I have since found out I picked up the wrong one (Force Mystic when I should've gone for Stalker).

So, anyway, I'm trying to get my way through Makeb but I am finding it tough as I don't think I have good gear at all. I currently have 100 planetary commendations, and about 60 classics and 60 basics. What should I be putting my efforts into now and what gear should I next been looking to get?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Planetary comms: There's a vendor in the main area on Makeb selling hilts (for 10), armorings (for 10), mods (for 4), and enhancements (for 4) for planetary comms. All these are rating 140, i.e. "level 58", which is the old rakata rating/level. Much better than Tionese.

Buy hilt + mod + enhancement for your mainhand (18 comms), armoring + mod + enhancement for your offhand (18 comms), then armoring + mod + enhancement for your head, chest, and legs (3 * 18 comms). Now you'll have 10 comms left to upgrade one armoring in gloves/boots/belt/bracers or two mod/enhancements. You'll have choices to make on which items to get. I'm not an expert on madness, but just as a quick check noxxic.com suggests: Willpower >= Accuracy (110%) > Surge (75%) > Power > Crit (30%). So take the high willpower hilt & armoring (not the high endurance ones), take mostly accuracy enhancements (maybe some surge), and try to get mods with low endurance, high willpower, and power.

Using these: Don't destroy the tionese hilts, armorings, mods, and enhancements. Either rip them out to put in Xalek's gear, or buy (or reuse) yourself new orange gear to put all this planetary comm stuff in and then outfit Xalek with the tionese stuff.

Basic comms: You can buy rating 156 / level 66 purple items from your class vendor in the makeb orbital station (or on fleet in the supplies area). Buy boots or gloves (the one you didn't upgrade at all with your last 10 planetary comms). You'll need to make a choice here too. Look at all the boot/glove options and choose the one that best fits with the stats outlined above. (It will come all put together, no need for a new empty orange item here.)

Classic comms: Save up and buy boots/gloves for the set bonus for 100 or the offhand for 120. You get rating 146 / level 61 "Campaign" items here. Furthermore, head, chest, legs, boots, and gloves will each have the armoring carry a "set bonus" which will last you until you get arkanian gear from a level 55 operation. (There's a 2 piece set bonus, and a 4 piece set bonus, so you won't see anything great just from having 1 of them.)

To go further, see the endgame gearing guide over at dulfy: http://dulfy.net/2013/04/14/swtor-level-55-endgame-gearing-guide/

Edited by cxten

^ Thanks for this. I will upgrade now.

What will happen to the tionese set bonus though?

The Tionese set bonus you have is for healer sorcerers according to what you said, so I don't think you want to keep it. If you do have a useful Tionese set bonus, then the decision is whether the set bonus is good enough to keep 2 Tionese armorings or even 4 Tionese armorings (but you can replace the mods + enhancements in these pieces) or whether it's better just to have better stats.

In a similar situation (different tiers of gear, but the same "better armoring or set bonus" decision) on my healing sage I went with keeping the 2 piece set bonus but not the 4 piece. On my sentinel, I just went with the better stats. It really depends on how good the set bonus is.

The Campaign set bonus does stack with the Tionese set bonus, so you could get one Campaign piece and keep one Tionese piece and get the 2-piece set bonus. (Make sure to get the stalker Campaign piece, though, which won't stack with the force mystic Tionese piece if that's what you have.)

Edited by cxten

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.