PvP'ers need money too.

Baedwulf

Many if not most PvP'ers don't enjoy these two things.

1. PvE

2. Crafting

On top of not enjoying those things, they both cost us credits. PvE creates repair bills and to gather mats through companion missions also costs us money.

So... why not give us more dailies and weeklies. Side missions so to speak like PvE gets. PvE has special rewards for killing certain bosses, bonus missions, etc. Give that to the PvP community as well.

-Give me a weekly that pays 50K credits for killing 50 mercs.

-Give me a daily that pays me 25K credits for scoring 5 goals in Huttball.

-Give me a daily that pays me 100K for achieving 10K defender points.

-A weekly that pays 150K for completing 5 games with 15 or more medals.

-A weekly that pays 100K for competing in 5 ranked WZ's.

-500K for winning a civil war 600-0, a novarre 100%-0%, reach the data core in 3 minutes or less, score 6 goals in 5 minutes or less, etc.

You get the idea.

Give us something to work with... not only will it make PvP slightly more exciting but it will give us PvP'ers some more cash in pocket. Not only will it help our internet wallets but it may also inadvertently lead some players to focusing on objectives more than they do now.

Just another random thought from your friend... the UGLY guy.

Edited by Baedwulf

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

The easiest way to riches is the grind out Daily missions on the top level planets.

A bit tougher is crafting and selling if you know what you're doing.

But if all your money comes from lv 55 pvp you will always be poor.

Flashpoint players get item drops, credit drops, scavenge able mats, and high level gear drops from bosses. PvP should have some equivalent to all those bonuses.

Edited by Kerensk

Agreed.

The easiest way to riches is the grind out Daily missions on the top level planets.

A bit tougher is crafting and selling if you know what you're doing.

But if all your money comes from lv 55 pvp you will always be poor.

Flashpoint players get item drops, credit drops, scavenge able mats, and high level gear drops from bosses. PvP should have some equivalent to all those bonuses.

Exactly my point... PvE'ers have a ton of ways to get credits. Multiple daliies and weeklies. Just something that levels things out for those of us standing around fleet all night.

Three guaranteed effects of your delusional requests

1: It will reward existing hackers and exploiters

2: it will encourage others to hack and exploit because now they can get better paid for it

3: It will completely dictate how and why players act within a given warzone as these new objectives will supercede all others and lets face it, trying to get most players to concentrate on the normal warzone objectives is hard enough as it is.

All in all it sounds like a suggested pvp welfare to me and no doubt it would be balanced by pvp repair bills which would screw everybody.

stupid, ill-thought, overly-subjective and laziness-inspired idea.

I do agree that the rewards for pvp need to be increased, but the ideas you proposed are ridiculous. The amount of money you attached to these pvp dailies/weeklies is way too high.

You act as if crafting takes a lot of effort to figure out how to make money, when really it's not hard at all. I don't do dailies and rarely pve. I spend the majority of my time pvping, but I have a considerable amount of money because I craft, sell mats or resell items on the GTN. Crafting is perfect in this game compared to some games because you don't spend anytime gathering materials or making items. All you do is send your companions out to make the items and then you can sell them between queues in pvp.

this is a great idea! not really to balance "dailies" with the barrage of pve stuff, but because it gives you something to aim for in the pvp side of things. I think the owpvp stuff on tatooine and ilum was supposed to do this to an extent, and it kinda did

If you're going to do something that gives money for PvP it'd have to be simple like 'kill 100 players'. Note that healing someone who killed someone counts as a kill for you so this shouldn't be too hard for anyone unless you repeatedly get into games where nobody died.

I totally agree. I for one am broke as dirt. I try to remain competitive, but these new augment kits are going for around 100k a piece, and purple augments to go with em are 150k or so. I can only afford the blue ones. These things are hard to acquire on a pvp'rs salary.

Not to mention we need to kit out at least 2-3 sets of equipment just to be allowed to play in all venues of the game. I pvp, and am known to pvp. But pve'rs wont take me on their hard mode runs cause i'm in pvp gear.

That pretty much limits us to the stupid as crap dailies that bore the hell out of me enough to have unsubbed twice already.

Well used to be that we could at least make money from PVP by reverse engineering armorings/mods for exotic crafting mats...

But then PVPers QQed endlessly about PVEers coming in scrubbing it up to farm for stabs...

...so Bioware responded by removing exotic mats from PVP REing. Of course, nothing replaced it.

Be careful what you wish for, because you might get it. :rolleyes:

Three guaranteed effects of your delusional requests

1: It will reward existing hackers and exploiters

2: it will encourage others to hack and exploit because now they can get better paid for it

3: It will completely dictate how and why players act within a given warzone as these new objectives will supercede all others and lets face it, Trying....

*Slow clap*

Congrats on one of the most ignorant, poorly thought out posts ever.

We were just listing simple examples. And no matter what dailys there are there will still be stupid exploiters.

How about these for some weekly missions?

(Weekly) Win 4 ACW warzones after the enemy captures 2 turrets.

(Weekly) Defuse 3 door bombs in Voidstar.

(Weekly) Win 3 NC warzones after being behind by 50 points.

(Weekly) Assist in 10 huttball scores (pass/heal/guard).

(Weekly) Dual capture pylons 4 times in AHG.

Although really just adding some normal daily and weekly missions that reward gear, money, and itemsrather than commendations would be great.

*Slow clap*

Congrats on one of the most ignorant, poorly thought out posts ever.

We were just listing simple examples. And no matter what dailys there are there will still be stupid exploiters.

Although really just adding some normal daily and weekly missions that reward gear, money, and itemsrather than commendations would be great.

Agreed, that post was asinine.

There's no need to make any daily/weekly related to specific objectives because if you make something like 'caught the Huttball' you'll having people randomly demand you pass the ball to them even though they're totally incapable of running the ball so they can finsh their daily/weekly. It's not like the PvE dailys are anything interesting so no reason to get fancy on the PvP equivalents.

Or world pvp rewards would be nice too...I mean, I like to fight I kill a lot of imps on thier home ground, it would be nice if I could get some loot from them, like 2-8k per kill. It's only logical right? RIGHT??? It would be nice if people saw going to outlaws den as worth it. Even doing wz's will get repetitive.

/signed /support /whatever Just give us something!!!

Edited by Aewu

Meh, there are plenty of ways to make cash I'd rather dev time be spent on new WZs or incentivizing ranked play. These ideas would just lead to more groups farming the low hanging fruit in normals. Edited by Draekos

Meh, there are plenty of ways to make cash I'd rather dev time be spent on new WZs or incentivizing ranked play. These ideas would just lead to more groups farming the low hanging fruit in normals.

it would take almost no dev time to make some new PvP daily/weekly quests.

it would take almost no dev time to make some new PvP daily/weekly quests.

If they were for ranked I would support it.

EDIT bounties and such would be cool for either, but am not interested in giving more reasons for people to premade normals.

Edited by Draekos

Many if not most PvP'ers don't enjoy these two things.

1. PvE

2. Crafting

On top of not enjoying those things, they both cost us credits. PvE creates repair bills and to gather mats through companion missions also costs us money.

So... why not give us more dailies and weeklies. Side missions so to speak like PvE gets. PvE has special rewards for killing certain bosses, bonus missions, etc. Give that to the PvP community as well.

-Give me a weekly that pays 50K credits for killing 50 mercs.

-Give me a daily that pays me 25K credits for scoring 5 goals in Huttball.

-Give me a daily that pays me 100K for achieving 10K defender points.

-A weekly that pays 150K for completing 5 games with 15 or more medals.

-A weekly that pays 100K for competing in 5 ranked WZ's.

-500K for winning a civil war 600-0, a novarre 100%-0%, reach the data core in 3 minutes or less, score 6 goals in 5 minutes or less, etc.

You get the idea.

Give us something to work with... not only will it make PvP slightly more exciting but it will give us PvP'ers some more cash in pocket. Not only will it help our internet wallets but it may also inadvertently lead some players to focusing on objectives more than they do now.

Just another random thought from your friend... the UGLY guy.

you could always try panhandling.

Then i would say more money bigger repair bills aswell, i do both things pve and pvp and pve can get you a nice amount of money but can give you a high repair cost aswell.

Yees augments cost money but thats a crafting product wich you can do yourself by let your companions farm the mats etc and craft them.

or sell those mats on the gtn

you can also play the gtn in between your ques buy cheap sell high etc...

theres enough ways to create credits easy in this game.... its you that chose not to.

Edited by NrDLeipe

*Slow clap*

^ good idea.

Add:

[Weekly] Kill 50 players in single wz

[Weekly] Make 5 solo kills in single wz

[Weekly] Make 700 k damage single wz

[Weekly] Make 300 k protection single wz

[Weekly] Make 700 k healing single wz

:o

Edited by TonyDragonflame

Then i would say more money bigger repair bills aswell, i do both things pve and pvp and pve can get you a nice amount of money but can give you a high repair cost aswell.

Yees augments cost money but thats a crafting product wich you can do yourself by let your companions farm the mats etc and craft them.

or sell those mats on the gtn

you can also play the gtn in between your ques buy cheap sell high etc...

theres enough ways to create credits easy in this game.... its you that chose not to.

lol why? Why the heck would we need more costs when the problem is that we can't make enough credits by pvp as it is?

The repair cost increase you suggest is just rediculus. Don't think i ever died when doing my pve dailies but in pvp you die all the time. The comparison is laughable at best.

Sure, you can advocate that everyone should grind their own crafters in all areas needed - and that goes for PvE'rs as well then. I suppose you dont need as much credits as you get from your pve dailies either huh, since you can just craft your own Augs and gear? So i assume what you are really saying is: PvP payouts are fine, but PvE payouts need nerfing to get on par? =)

And what about other vanity items? Exp boosts and whatnot? -Are you telling me all such items should be exclusive to PvE'rs since PvE is the only way you can make credits atm?

No, either they should up the pvp payouts - preferably by implementing more dailies/weeklies (OP has some cool suggestions) or make every single non-bind on pickup item igame, purchasable with WZ comms imo.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.