Eric, is there another operation in development?

Kesphin

Simple question, I know there should be a nightmare mode for S&V and Asation, but is there a new operation in development for this year?

With the direction taken in game update 2.1, I'm concern about swtor future. We know there are several MMOs coming this year, so I have the feeling EA is just trying to get our last dollars before we all leave. And that no real content is under development.

Eric, we don't need a lot of information, just a confirmation that pve and pvp players can trust in the future of this game.

P.S. Sorry for my english, but noone reads french forums anymore, so I'm posting here.

Edited by Kesphin

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would definitely be nice to know if the devs of this game are committed to it's continued growth and playable content development.

Many felt that Makeb was a band-aid content release to tide the player base over until more meatier content is released. And gauging from what people are generally saying, people are okay with what Makeb had for content, provided that there is a commitment from those in charge, that more can be expected in terms quality future content.

Part of what keeps players going in these games, is knowing that their game of choice has a future, and can look forward to whatever exciting content is on the horizon for the future.

Yes, only for 1000 cartel coins, don't worry subs get 20% off. And for additional 500 cartel coins you get access to another Daily area with the same generic dailies you have already seen in Black hole and in section X, This time picking up missions is even faster now, no voice acting and no story. So you don't have to spend time reading or listening. Out of cartel coins? just wait a two months and then you can buy them even though you already spent triple the amount of money on sub fee.

Do you ever think there will be a response like : No there is nothing in development, we are trying to get whatever we can from you guys with minimum development effort. You want to hear : Yes, there is a lot of stuff coming but you really need to be very naïve to believe that.

Well if there is no response, then I'll know... If they say yeah yeah sure and it's gonna be awsome, I'll know. But if they say that there is another operation coming before june/september/december and it's about Han dating Chewie. Well I'll have to believe it. Might be naïve indeed, but at least that's something. Edited by Kesphin

Operation The Dread Masters is the last of the long ago datamined ops in the list, and I'd be very surprised if it didn't come out this year. Titans of the Industry and the Imperial Warlord are likely to be our next two flashpoints.

Well if there is no response, then I'll know... If they say yeah yeah sure and it's gonna be awsome, I'll know. But if they say that there is another operation coming before june/september/december and it's about Han dating Chewie. Well I'll have to believe it. Might be naïve indeed, but at least that's something.

Believe what you want, but if there's no response it could be because, oh I don't know, they can't talk about it yet? Of course there will be new operations this year, and of course they will wait to announce it in big fashion, not in the response to a random thread.

BTW the overuse of calling Eric out in thread titles is really getting old.

Believe what you want, but if there's no response it could be because, oh I don't know, they can't talk about it yet? Of course there will be new operations this year, and of course they will wait to announce it in big fashion, not in the response to a random thread.

BTW the overuse of calling Eric out in thread titles is really getting old.

You probably need a hug. And oh, source?

Edited by Kesphin

Well if there is no response, then I'll know...

No, you won't. Why ask questions when you are refusing to even try to understand the answers?

If you hear nothing, it is very likely that the reason is that they can't/won't release that sort of information here. Assume they had a huge expansion planned: They won't announce it here, in this thread. Ignoring how stupid that would be from a marketing perspective, my understanding is that it would actually be a borderline violation of FTC regulations (revealing a major profit generating business decision without announcing it first to shareholders).

So, at best you'll get: "Yes, we have more stuff coming" and at worst you'll get nothing at all, which could mean "We have nothing, suckers," or "we have stuff, but we're not legally allowed to share details with you now" or "we have stuff, but we can't trust the community to have realistic expectations about announcements".

Feel free to make your assumption. It doesn't mean that its correct. Or even intelligent on your part.

No, you won't. Why ask questions when you are refusing to even try to understand the answers?

If you hear nothing, it is very likely that the reason is that they can't/won't release that sort of information here. Assume they had a huge expansion planned: They won't announce it here, in this thread. Ignoring how stupid that would be from a marketing perspective, my understanding is that it would actually be a borderline violation of FTC regulations (revealing a major profit generating business decision without announcing it first to shareholders).

So, at best you'll get: "Yes, we have more stuff coming" and at worst you'll get nothing at all, which could mean "We have nothing, suckers," or "we have stuff, but we're not legally allowed to share details with you now" or "we have stuff, but we can't trust the community to have realistic expectations about announcements".

Feel free to make your assumption. It doesn't mean that its correct. Or even intelligent on your part.

You certainly need a hug too.

Are you talking to yourself?

Edited by Kesphin

Nailed it.

I'm wondering if I'm going to take another 6 months subscription. What do I know about swtor future? Nothing except cartel market. Isn't it fair to ask what's coming next? Why so much hate? Don't you check what you get when you buy something? Or are you just stupid fanboys? Edited by Kesphin

I'm wondering if I'm going to take another 6 months subscription. What do I know about swtor future? Nothing except cartel market. Isn't it fair to ask what's coming next? Why so much hate?

IF common sense prevailed in your case, you would understand that you are not going to get an answer and that if you wanted to continue playing, perhaps it should be on a month-to-month basis.

Because seriously, you are looking like a drama queen. If you truly believed that there is no future to this game outside of the Cartel Market and you did not like that, why are you even talking about a 6 month sub?

I'm wondering if I'm going to take another 6 months subscription. What do I know about swtor future? Nothing except cartel market. Isn't it fair to ask what's coming next? Why so much hate?

Sure, it's fair to ask what is coming next.

What I (and others) are pointing out is that, if you ask and get no response, that doesn't mean "Nothing is coming" or "We hate you and just want your money".

The most likely answer is: "We can't really tell you right now", followed closely by: "We're working on stuff, but we don't yet know when it will be released."

That's not "hate". It's meant to be educational.

Of course, it still leaves you without the answers you want. Sadly, there's nothing that can be done about that. You don't have a right to demand answers, and Bioware is under no obligation to keep us all up-to-date on their six-month development plans. Past history has shown that the community is unable to cope with the uncertainty of development timelines. Even if they told you what their plans were, it would be no guarantee, and if they failed to deliver (or simply decided not to deliver) on their plans, there would be nothing you could complain about (assuming you have morals).

Where does that leave you? The same place the rest of us are. If you're enjoying the game, then keep enjoying it. Not sure if you'll play the game for six months? Then just renew for 3 months... or just one.

Don't you check what you get when you buy something?

I do. I'm a professional developer with over a dozen years of experience, currently writing code for a service used by well over a million customers a day. I suspect that I know more about development and running a profitable, massive service than you do. When I research what Bioware is up to, it's analyzed with the expertise that comes from running a service of a similar size, and with the experience of a senior developer.

Or are you just stupid fanboys?

Just had to go back and add in the insult, right?

It would be harder to take if the people who disagreed with you, disagreed because of some informed opinion. Imagine that... someone intelligent and unbiased who looked at the same facts as you and came to a different opinion. How frightening. It would suggest that there were other viewpoints, possibly even information that you hadn't considered. Better label them as "fanboys" quick so you don't have to think about them.

Good thing you went back and tacked that on. Now you can just ignore what everyone else says. They're just fanboys. They'll say anything. Everyone who disagrees with you is just a fanboy. Don't ever examine your opinions. That's what the fanboys want you to do.

Do I have the right to at least ask without getting flamed like that? Seriously, if I look like a drama queen, you look like inquisitors... I don't want to use a stronger word...

I'm not flaming you (well... the response to being called a "fanboy" wasn't as gently as it could have been, but...).

I'm telling you fact that you don't seem to understand yet: Feel free to ask, but if they don't answer, it doesn't mean anything. None of us know what will happen in the next six months. If Bioware wants to tell us what might happen, they're not going to do it in this thread.

Simple as that. That's not a flame.

The fact that I'm disagreeing with your assumptions is not an insult to you. Feel free to ignore me. However, I'm just as free to share my thoughts about the topic as you are.

Imo, the content they got is vanishing. If we check the video about new features before F2P, Maked, Cathar, TBF, new warzone were on the list to be released last year. Cathar didnt see the light yet and is with CCs. Makeb was an expansion pack.

I´m afraid they are running out of content. And the new "content" is going ivia Cartel Packs. Where the hell is Ilum and the Grey Event?. I´m sure they are fitting that event for 55 levels. Same as Cademinu, Hammer, Asation etc when is OLD CONTENT.

Best crystals, gear and cosmetics are via Cartel Coins. 2.0 was a expansion pack, 2.1 is about Cartel Coins and more money and im sure the best dye items will be via Cartel Coins as well.

Whats next?. I guess Server Tranfers. Be sure. You want transfer?, you pay. You are a subscriber? you pay too. But whatdo you get as a subscriber? the same 5 warzones since 2012 and same content but a new planet and a new OP. Amazing. But wait, you MUST love EAware cos they give you 500-600 CC per month. God blesses them for that crap.

Seriouly im worried. 2.1 is an absolutely crap. Im ok with people paying for a new character creation but not if they want a barber shop. Character Creatiion is NOT a Barber Shop.

I just hope Eric telling us that new content (NOT cartel coin content) is on the way. If not, this smells pretty bad.

Well, announcing cartel market only content is a pretty bad move from Bioware and I think that remaining silent about what's coming next is an enormous error. Indeed, it's my point of view and mine only. What i know is when they do have something they announce it very early. ie HK-51, makeb, etc. So when I look at what they did before, I can expect there will be nothing new before quiet some time.

Again, it's my point of view, you could be Albert Einstein, you wouldn't know more than me about what's coming next.

Edited by Kesphin

So what do you actually know about Bioware's intentions?

We know they have written dialogue for at least one Op and at least one Flashpoint. It's likely there is a second Flashpoint as well. It's likely they've already recorded voicework for them, too. There is some speculation about the Op actually being another mini-expansion, but it seems more likely that it is just another large Op like S&V.

They've said that we'll be seeing the Gree event a few more times this year. They've strongly hinted that the Rakghoul event will return, likely with some changes/additions.

As for intentions: Bioware has a multi-level development team working on the game. There are specific groups with specific skills. We know they have a group that just does engine enhancements. We know they have a group that just does modeling/texture work (and they've been doing most of their work supporting the CM). There are obviously people who do level design (level = world, Op, flashpoint, warzone). Those people are still around. Either they are sitting at their desks playing solitaire, or they're working on new game locations. Exactly what those might be or when we might see them is unknown. They are likely producing beta versions of stuff needed in the next few months or prototypes of stuff that we won't see for a year.

They are likely producing beta versions of stuff needed in the next few months or prototypes of stuff that we won't see for a year.

We both know they are completly drunk when they are working on stuff and that it can't take more than an hour for that quality of product.^^ ie PVP stuff and mods prices, or cunning stuff with absorption. Seriously if after one year of development you don't see these kind of issues before releasing it, there is something terribly wrong.

Another thing, we know that there was different teams working on different things (engine textures, etc), but with EA last "consolidations", I'm just not sure anymore. This is why I'm asking for information. I just can't trust EA/Bioware anymore, who can?

Edited by Kesphin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.