If PvP is about "skill" now...

DarthWoad

Oh, but my stuns are all the way in the mouse button 3...do you have any idea on how hard it is to push that button? I actually have to move my finger! And then be able to hit the mouse button 3. It takes so ridicously much skill to be able to do that.

saying stuns and control has nothing to do with a skill based pvp system, you may just have topped the "dumbest **** ever" list :p

not saying the resolve/cc system is optimal the way it works now, but removing it comepletely like you're suggesting? redicilous :p

saying stuns and control has nothing to do with a skill based pvp system, you may just have topped the "dumbest **** ever" list :p

not saying the resolve/cc system is optimal the way it works now, but removing it comepletely like you're suggesting? redicilous :p

Ridiculous*

He's saying that there should be a way to counter 2 people with skill alone. Right now, you cannot do that. If you use your CC break on the first stun, then you just get stunned again (and die). If you try to wait through the first stun for resolve cap (with the plan to CC break then) then you just die outright.

I hope that was all sarcasm lol

Ridiculous*

He's saying that there should be a way to counter 2 people with skill alone. Right now, you cannot do that. If you use your CC break on the first stun, then you just get stunned again (and die). If you try to wait through the first stun for resolve cap (with the plan to CC break then) then you just die outright.

it takes skill to work around stuns...

sorry op, but youve obviously been outskilled.

R u saying that one skilled person should be able to beat 2 skilled people? That sounds totally balanced.

.....why are there still stuns in the game? Its not difficult to stun lock someone to death. Thats why its impossible to 2v1 people with the same gear. 8 seconds is a long time you know

.....why are there still stuns in the game? Its not difficult to stun lock someone to death. Thats why its impossible to 2v1 people with the same gear. 8 seconds is a long time you know

u got the same stuns ur just bad dude stop posting on the forums and go practice right now

You cannot be chain stunned to death unless you were being focus fired. So your complaint should be, "where were my friends when I was being tag teamed?" I hope you are nice to the people in your community. The game does suck for you if you don't have any friends.

it's L2P issue, stuns are needed in pvp ( CC chain while capping or FF healer/dps, peels etc).

it's L2P issue, stuns are needed in pvp ( CC chain while capping or FF healer/dps, peels etc).

L2P? lol. I have 4 CC's minimum vs your one stun break. Stuns (CCs) are fine, the AMOUNT of them is freaking ridiculous and Resolve sucks more than Bolster @ 55.

Edited by TUXs

"These 'squishy' classes need CC in bulk, else they'd have no chance at fair competition(!)"

The Rumor

The Truth

I have 4 CC's minimum vs your one stun break. Stuns (CCs) are fine, the amount of them is freaking ridiculous and Resolve sucks more than Bolster @ 55.

-Seeng

Edited by Seengularity

Because without stun the republic side would never win. Simple is that, but BW needs their 15 bucks, so they created a PvP where even the biggest PvP reject can succeed.

Ridiculous*

Counter and get away to get help, maybe. Counter and kill them both? No. If you're on the wrong end of a 2 v 1, 99% of the time you should get your *** kicked. Welcome to pvp.

The only problem I have with CC in this game is the grenades. They shouldn't even be allowed in WZs just like adrenals or on-click relics. Yes I know every good player has them, and I got them too, but it still feels totally lame. If you assume the CC in this game is actually balanced, as in there's a reason why most classes cannot do AE mez, why is it fine for anyone to pick up a grenade that does the same thing?

Oh, but my stuns are all the way in the mouse button 3...do you have any idea on how hard it is to push that button? I actually have to move my finger! And then be able to hit the mouse button 3. It takes so ridicously much skill to be able to do that.

Agreed.

My hands usually get sore because I have to specifically tell my finger not to roll the mousewheel.

L2P? lol. I have 4 CC's minimum vs your one stun break. Stuns (CCs) are fine, the AMOUNT of them is freaking ridiculous and Resolve sucks more than Bolster @ 55.

You're acting like you're being stunned the entire match. CCs are on a one minute cooldown, lower than the cc breaker because you're supposed to be stunned. You're not supposed to be able to break every other stun, or else stealth capping, throwing group CC, stopping caps, etc. wouldn't be reliable AT ALL and it would be even more of a "who can DPS the most?" Right now huttball is the only one that doesn't suffer from that since its mostly about utility. The other ones can never go wrong if you can kill.

TL;DR CC needs to remain a powerful tool to balance out damage.

Edited by Zunayson

Because without stun the republic side would never win. Simple is that, but BW needs their 15 bucks, so they created a PvP where even the biggest PvP reject can succeed.

you DO know that you silly imps have the stuns too right?

I see what you're saying, but you must also see where he's coming from. 2v1 is probably a kill before the 1 ever comes out of stun. (if the 2 are dps).

a few classes have their little tricks, but the point is reasonable: there are so many stuns in the game atm that you can toss them out like candy. they have very short cds (I think the only long cd I've had on any toon is the cybertech grenade - everything else up for at least 1 in 2 encounters).

your point, that there are strategic uses for cc, is certainly true, but when you consider how short the cds are (or how spammable in the case of roots & snares), it really doesn't matter outside of ranked. the only true test of a person's "skill" revolving around CC is whether he's smart enough not to break a mezz while your teammate is capping.

Please explain how I can work around the 2 minute cc breaker.

not use it on snares.

Use it when it makes a difference, not when you're being stunlocked by 5 people against you. If you use it there, you deserve for that CD to be taken away entirely.

Use it in a 1v1 or better yet, over the firepit. Do it when it makes a difference. Don't use energy shield at 1% hp, and don't use a medpac with near full health because it may turn out you did't need that extra health.

2 on 1 is basically faceroll for the 2 if they have any skill.

Usually if you're the 1 it's better to just roll over and die rather than blow your cooldowns and still die anyway unless you've reason to believe those two are extremely bad, or that one or both players started out the fight wounded. Even then, 2 players at 50% health will generally easily defeat 1 guy at 100% health precisely because 2 players can stun you twice.

2 on 1 is basically faceroll for the 2 if they have any skill.

Usually if you're the 1 it's better to just roll over and die rather than blow your cooldowns and still die anyway unless you've reason to believe those two are extremely bad, or that one or both players started out the fight wounded. Even then, 2 players at 50% health will generally easily defeat 1 guy at 100% health precisely because 2 players can stun you twice.

Then either:

My sniper in partial expertise gear (less than 25k hp, less than 40% dps bons from exp, only 2400 cunning) is outgearing them,

My engie sniper is op as ****,

they're baddies

I'm great

^^^^^^^^^^^^ or a combination, because I can easily take two people at half health using only moves less than 30 seconds of cooldown (or equal to 30 seconds). Easily.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.