Am I the only one with this issue?

LeGoonDuVegas

When I am trying to get gear for my companions, I can't get the item comparisons for them when I mouse over an item. Even if I have my companion up on the character window, it only gives stat comparison for what I have equipped. Is there some way I can change this?

if you had the item moused over or your inventory window open before you summoned your companion then you would have to close and re-open your inventory window for it to refresh. also, i seem to remember an option somewhere in settings

There is an option under preferences that adds tooltips for companions. I would also recommend advanced tooltips, as in being able to see mods etc when comparing, it really helps when min/mxing. None of these are set to default so you have to manually activate them.

Since we're on the topic of default settings, make sure you turn on the cooldown timer. It's another nice feature that should have been default. Hmm, what els? I hate having a nameplate on my companion at all times so I instantly got rid of that and on enemies. It's easy to tell who's an enemy and not so it's just annoying to enter an area and have the screen filled with red tags. They will show up when you target them anyway.

Not sure if combat log is on by default, if not I'd turn it on . It forwards your logs to (usually) documents/swtor/combatlogs..

Then there's the keybinding section of preferences. Most things there are obvious but something that is really convenient and I've seen a lot of people miss out on are bound markers, as in flame/lightsaber/etc set to keys so that you can quickly put them on enemies when raiding.

Open the game Menu...[ESC]

Under Preferences/ User Interface there is a section for Tooltips. ~scroll down

Make sure the box next to "Enable Companion Comparative Tooltip" is filled.

NOTE: This feature does not work on your ship. And it only works for your companion that is summoned.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.