Heroic missions: Really stupid question

WingsandRings

I have a really stupid question about heroic missions: How do I get people to do them with me? So far I've just been trying ask people on the chat window thing but about 90% of the time nobody responds. Only once or twice has anyone responded, and usually when other people invite me to groups they don't ask or explain what they want help with, I just get an invite to a group.

What's the way to get help for these things?

Edited by WingsandRings

You're doing the right thing by asking in General. Without knowing exactly what you're typing, I'll give you an example of what's helpful: "*role* LFG {Name of mission in clicky text from right-clicking it in your quest log while having your cursor in the chat box}". If you put your role (DPS, Healer, Tank) in there, sometimes that's more incentive for people to join you. So for example: "Healer LFG {Trouble In Deed}".

You don't wanna spam gen chat but, with people coming into the instance all the time, someone new might see it each time you put it in there. Or sometimes, those on the planet aren't interested in the Heroic, aren't up to it yet, or are the same role as you and feel that they can't come.

Sometimes it's just really hard to get a group. Keep trying but remember there's Heroics on every planet, so if you out-level one, move on and hope you can get a group for the next one. Good luck. :)

Jedi Tanks:

Jedi Shadows

Jedi Guardians

Jedi DPS:

Jedi Shadow

Jedi Sage

Jedi Sentinel

Jedi Healers:

Jedi Sage

I am not sure if Jedi Sentinel's are tanks as most of the ones I know are dps.

There are tanks that are troopers and dps that are smugglers but since you asked about jedi in particular I will leave it at this.

Thanks for the response! Now for stupid question number 2: Are Jedi (esp Jedi Sentinels) considered tanks or DPSers? Who ARE the tanks in this game??

Tanks:

Some Guardians

Some Vanguards

Some Shadows

All three of those classes can also be DPS

Healers:

Some Scoundrels

Some Sages

Some Commandoes

Those three classes may also be DPS

DPS only:

Gunslingers

Sentinels

While everything regarding tanks and healers is accurate, in the case of running heroic missions you do not necessarily need the perfect "holy trinity" (one tank, one healer, two DPS) to run them successfully. I have done heroic missions with all sorts of combinations including three DPS and one healer, and four DPS. You simply have to accept your group's limitations. This generally means taking things more slowly; using all the CC your group has available; letting one DPS fill the tank role meaning that the other DPSers have to wait to a count of five or even ten in order to insure that the the "tank" has sufficient agro; and probably modifying the kill order (normally weakest to strongest) to minimize the risk of death.

While everything regarding tanks and healers is accurate, in the case of running heroic missions you do not necessarily need the perfect "holy trinity" (one tank, one healer, two DPS) to run them successfully. I have done heroic missions with all sorts of combinations including three DPS and one healer, and four DPS. You simply have to accept your group's limitations. This generally means taking things more slowly; using all the CC your group has available; letting one DPS fill the tank role meaning that the other DPSers have to wait to a count of five or even ten in order to insure that the the "tank" has sufficient agro; and probably modifying the kill order (normally weakest to strongest) to minimize the risk of death.

in some cases even that isn't even required, many times a lvl apropriately geared companion can fill the missing role, it you can only find 3 out of 4 players for an H4, or 2 out of 3or 4 for a H2+. There are also certain missions where depending on your role you can do them by yourself, stealth classes, especially heroics where it's, just terminal clicking. you won't get the bonus, or the loot drops from kills, but you'll still get the xp, creds and final reward.

More to the point, the rewards are often not worth the effort to go to the trouble to find a group

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.