When Will Achievement Known-Issues Be Updated?

Thaed

I'm beginning to worry that Bioware is simply ignoring these as the Known Issues thread hasn't been updated in over a week.

Currently, all PvP achievements which require doing x damage or obtaining y kills are bugged in that you need the exact number in order to progress in the achievement. For example, getting 62 kills in Void Star will not unlock any of the 'get x kills' achievements. Critting for 7k will not unlock any of the 'deal x damage' achievements. The same goes for total damage done, healing achieves, the whole lot. I just want to know that Bioware is aware of these issues and plan on implementing a fix some time soon.

Furthermore, while I'm on the subject of PvP achievements, some don't make sense. Get 10 kills and 10 deaths makes no sense, as achieving exactly that number of kills/deaths is detrimental to winning the warzone. Indeed, any achievements that involve dying lots are detrimental to winning the warzone (especially Ancient Hypergates).

Also, the ten solo kills achievement is nigh impossible, which is essentially due to having team mates. Possible, though incredibly difficult, which is fine. Getting ten solo kills across fifty games, on the other hand, I'd say is probably impossible within the span of one's lifetime. Cutting this back to five solo kills across fifty games would retain difficulty whilst not being (figuratively) impossible.

And not to turn this into a suggestion thread (ok, maybe a little), location achievements for obtaining x player kills per location should fall under the PvP achievement banner, lest those on PvE servers be forever doomed to be stuck at 80-90% completion on some of the planets.

If people have more, I'll add them.

Moving player kills to PvP section would definitely be a nice thing for PvE server people.

Also, I had no idea that you needed the "exact" amount of damage, I always assumed you have to do that or more... however, I did not PvP that much since 2.0 hit...

Where is this list?

I don't care about the PvP ones, just want to see what PvE ones I should ignore until (if) they are fixed. The only one I have come across myself is the Exploration one for Alderaan got stuck at 70/80 even though all listed objectives have been completed.

And not to turn this into a suggestion thread (ok, maybe a little), location achievements for obtaining x player kills per location should fall under the PvP achievement banner, lest those on PvE servers be forever doomed to be stuck at 80-90% completion on some of the planets.

Definitely this.

Some elaboration: Currently there are three basic options as far as this goes (on PVE servers, that is)

1) Don't do the PVP subsection of locations Achievements, and thus as Thaed said, never complete 80% of the planets.

2) Do it roughly as it is intended now; for me, that means taking my level 55 character, travelling to low-level planets, seek PVP flagged players (Seeker Droid missions may be a breeze compared to it) and then "defeat" them - though I'm not sure how level 21+ players on Nar Shaddaa will accept the fact that some level 55 is one-shooting them "for achievements". Hardly a fun for them, and definitely not a fun for me.

3) Ask some guildie to switch to Republic/Imperial alt, travel to one of these planets and then spend hour(s) there repeatedly killing them, "for achievements" again - not unlike the Ilum kill trading. Not my idea of fun either.

Summary: As a PVE player, I'm completely fine with having 0% under PVP achievements section, as long as I can reach 100% under Location achievement section without resorting to PVP.

Moving player kills to PvP section would definitely be a nice thing for PvE server people.

Also, I had no idea that you needed the "exact" amount of damage, I always assumed you have to do that or more... however, I did not PvP that much since 2.0 hit...

I'm mostly assuming for the damage one, based on needing the exact number for the kill 'chievos.

Where is this list?

I don't care about the PvP ones, just want to see what PvE ones I should ignore until (if) they are fixed. The only one I have come across myself is the Exploration one for Alderaan got stuck at 70/80 even though all listed objectives have been completed.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=403398

Also, the exploration achievement may be that you're missing the hidden achievement for finding the seeker droids. There's a guide on dulfy.

So hoping they'll fix the achievement system, right now it can be a deterrent in many cases. It's bad enough that we get this system 12+ months after launch and that literally hundreds of achievements weren't backtracked (been running Lost Island for over a year, says now I have to do it 25 more times ... thanks!), but there are also tons of achievements which simply do not register, such as pvp damage/heal ones, then there is the fact that I had two NiM achievements for KP recalled all of a sudden ... thanks again! Seriously, had 100% completion on Karagga's Palace, then the next day two achievements are missing, ***!

I can totally understand some people who boycott this system by simply not participating in it, because it is quite unfair and hypocritical, come to think about it, especially for people like me who've been grinding everything there is to grind in this game, then 2.0 comes and says I haven't done 16m Ops or Lost Island ... ever.

Yeah this situation is just sad. I'm afraid this is going to be just like the original bugged codex system that was never fixed. This stings a little more due to the fact that (yes - an arguably a small amount of) Cartel Coins and several titles are involved. The couple of lines in the "known issue list" doesn't even scratch the surface of the problems embedded in it. And they claim to have fixed the Agent chapter 1 bug but it persists for many of us.

Question: Anyone know if they are responding to tickets and granting titles/completion for all the bugged achievements?

Yeah this situation is just sad. I'm afraid this is going to be just like the original bugged codex system that was never fixed. This stings a little more due to the fact that (yes - an arguably a small amount of) Cartel Coins and several titles are involved. The couple of lines in the "known issue list" doesn't even scratch the surface of the problems embedded in it. And they claim to have fixed the Agent chapter 1 bug but it persists for many of us.

Question: Anyone know if they are responding to tickets and granting titles/completion for all the bugged achievements?

I'd imagine the original codex bugs were never fixed because they planned on bringing out the achievement system.

This is what CS responded to my ticket(s) with:

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us to report this issue.

Your report has been forwarded to our development team, who will investigate further. Please be aware that when a ticket is escalated for such an investigation, it will no longer be visible to you through the in-game helpcenter.

Following patch 2.0 and the digital expansion Rise of the Hutt Cartel a lot of changes to the game were implemented. Your issue may have been mentioned in our patch notes, which can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

You can also find a list of currently known and acknowledged in-game issues on our official forums here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=403398

Please note that if you have received this reply, your issue will require a fix by our development team and that Customer Service is not able to assist you in this matter.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter while playing.

Galactic support is our specialty…

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0

Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

The bolded amuses me. So, if I hadn't received the reply, it would've been fixable? That's good to know.

I'd imagine the original codex bugs were never fixed because they planned on bringing out the achievement system.

This is what CS responded to my ticket(s) with:

The bolded amuses me. So, if I hadn't received the reply, it would've been fixable? That's good to know.

That line is indeed amusing. It also seems to insinuate that they believe there is some sort of distinction between a "known issue" and an "acknowledged issue". I wonder which one comes first in thier mind?

I completed HM EC the other day and didn't receive achievement credit for Firebrand and Stormcaller, so that was interesting.

One of the things I'm wondering; why can't CS grant us achievements that we clearly should have received? I mean, I killed the world boss on Quesh, got the codex entry, but still no 'chievo credit for that.

Strabgely enough, I found most other buggs just an annoying setback. This bugg however is realy, excuse the pun, bugging me. I'd think fixxing this would't be to hard, seems it is.

I can only hope they fix this when they bring us the new patch. Might I add a flashy patch. Still no fix on known problems. Bringing out a flawed expansion is one thing but not fixxing it is a whole other problem. I'm even surprised this isn't a bigger issue on these forums. Maybe players are getting used to the constant buggs. I forone find that idea saddening. Let's hope for a fix, like we always do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.