Bodyguard raid heals in 2 0

tylorg

Whatsup all! I havnt played since 1.2 and was raid healing all endgame raids on my 50 merc and enjoying it. At that time single target heals were amazing, while aoe was a bit lackluster, and made even harder at the heat cost patch. (But was still doable, not as good as sorc duh!). I am wondering with the changes in 2.0 if the aoe heals have gotten any improvements? Plan on returning soon and I read they got a pretty swell aoe heal boost. And curious if the heals are actually improved for aoe or just looked so on patch notes? :) Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Sry if question is nooby or if I'm missing a previous update, as stated above I havnt played in about a year.

-Tylorg

There's a new talent that makes Kolto Missile drop a puddle where it lands, and an unlimited number of targets standing in the puddle get a moderate HOT for 3 seconds.

It's decent, and significantly helps raid healing, but it is not as good as the Sorc puddle.

All 3 healers are in a pretty good place in 2.0, honestly, and any of the 3 is an entirely able raid healer. Merc probably still suffers from the overall weakest AoE healing, but not by a horrific margin (and now even DPS Mercs get Kolto Missile, so they can add some spot AoE healing even spec'd DPS).

Bear in mind, healing in an Op is a team effort, with at least 1 other person -- you don't have to solo heal all other 7 people yourself (or at least, I hope not). More often than not, the other healer will be either a Sorc or Operative, so the combined effect of both your healing will be more than sufficient.

If you're looking at solo heals in a HM FP scenario, then as the first reply said, all healing classes are more than capable of coping with current content difficulty level.