Am I doing something wrong for dps?

Hecxar

Hi all.

Recently started playing my level 20 marauder and juggernaut again. However I'm finding they take far longer to kill

Pve trash mobs than my sniper/gunslinger/bounty hunter. Their gear is admittedly slightly worse, but not by that much.

Is this just a function of their level or should marauder/juggernaut be kicking *** at this level and I simply don't know how to play one?

Any suggestions or information are appreciated!

Hi all.

Recently started playing my level 20 marauder and juggernaut again. However I'm finding they take far longer to kill

Pve trash mobs than my sniper/gunslinger/bounty hunter. Their gear is admittedly slightly worse, but not by that much.

Is this just a function of their level or should marauder/juggernaut be kicking *** at this level and I simply don't know how to play one?

Any suggestions or information are appreciated!

I know for sure Juggernauts really get powerful later on, say 35-55, up until then it's really just trying to kill stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
My Jugg is nearing level 30, is immortal specd, and its "rate of killing trash" is at least on par with my dps assassin when it was the same level. Oh, I am still new so take that into account. I try to look at single player pve as practice for group play. By that I mean, Vette is dps and I am tank. I keep her maxed out for damage. Fighting I focus on aggro, and my rotation. Jugg has a ton of debuffs that happen to also do a lot of damage. My cue is normally aggro>debuff>defense>damage. The cool thing is each of these in that cue involve the others to a degree. Pure trash mobs with Vette pounding from range, by the time you've finished the first cue the mob is down. If you want to be a little risky you can force jump from mob to mob taking them out that way. Sometimes it is fun to finish the last one standing in a mob with a force push into the next mob followed by force charge and smash.

Cant really compare them to a sniper (or gunslinger). I have a 55 juggernaut and a 55 sniper, and the sniper dps is FAR better than a juggernaut - they are a dps class after all. Not saying you cant get good dps as a juggernaut - with the right spec and gear, you can. It's just a lot easier for a sniper to do it without the perfect gear or spec.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.