Queueing for lvl 55 HMFPs... Just isn't worth the trouble.

Lastchylde

I don't mean to complain, and I know with the snarkiness of the people who generally post on the forums, I am going to catch a lot of negative feedback and or elitist responses, but I feel like I just can't hold my tongue anymore. And before I begin I would like to mention that I am a subscriber so I feel I have a right to be heard.

Ever since I got to level 55 and my gear to the 66 (basic comms) level, I've been attempting run the lvl 55 hard mode flashpoints and I must say I am very disappointed with how terrible the system is handled, especially the loot is off the first couple bosses. Blue 66 gear... really? If you get a good PUG/LFG group things can run somewhat smoothly, but in many cases this is not the norm. I'm talking about groups with tanks who have tunnel vision "face-rollers", don't use their cool downs or taunts properly, don't attempt to hold agro or know the mechanics of tanking to begin with but queue as tank for a quick hmfp pop OR under-geared party members (dps and healers especially). In these instances the repair costs are going to leave you broke. Generally I pay 5000 per wipe or in some instances more depending on your gear.

So in retrospect, when you're using the LFG tool or PUG playing a dps (or sometimes even healing) class, having to wait on average 1-2 hours to get into a 55 hmfp group, (and you'll be less inclined to drop the group even after several wipes because you don't want to drop group for fear of having another ungodly wait) when the group finally does down the first few bosses and only see useless blue level gear and only 2 elite comms drop... you feel VERY disappointed! If you are like me anyway, you feel ripped off or insulted.

Also I would like to mention, the "new" hmfps only have 3 regular bosses and 1 bonus boss (if its a bad group you'll end up skipping the bonus especially when there are several wipes). After the first 2 blue drops that leaves only a slim chance that something good will drop off the last boss. So when something good does drop the chance that it will go to you is very minimal. When this happens I feel like I paid outrageous repair costs just to gear another player. I dread doing using the "looking for group" tool to do my daily/weekly FP missions, because I know the chance for me getting something useful is very slim. And the few amount of comms rewarded aren't worth it either.

Now I am not the type to complain and not offer any useful solutions. So here are a few...

No more blue level 66 drops off the first couple bosses. (Save that for random mobs throughout the flashpoint, this will increase the chance of players wanting to kill everything instead of skipping groups.)

Increase the number of comms that do drop off the bosses. (Make it worth our while!)

Fix the loot table so 2 pieces of USEFUL gear drops from bosses! (So everyone gets a chance to get something they might need.)

Increase the amount of credits that drop off of the regular mobs. (To help keep repair costs down.)

Again these are just my suggestions that could easily be implemented into the flashpoints so we don't feel like we are wasting our time queueing up. Things have GOT to change, otherwise people are going to get more annoyed with the game. Thank you for reading. :D

sounds like you need to find a guild. as far as the FP go, the old ones were no different. the only boss that dropped anything good was the end one. sure the others dropped tionese but really that is just as bad as the blues. yea later they changed it to where sometimes the dropped better stuff. but still, if you want to get gear and not have a hard time join a guild. it has always been a rarity to find good pugs since it takes no brain power what so ever to get to max lvl. pugs will never change, 80% are new 55s and have no clue about their class. don't expect it to ever change.

Your mileage will vary depending on players you're placed with via GF. Personally, I've only had one HMFP that I didn't finish as we simply did not have the DPS to get through the bonus/final boss. Every other HMFP I've run has been a breeze.

I've seen a lot of fantastic DPS'er that know what to hit, when to move, and can pump out the hurt on bosses. I've seen healers keep me up when I'm unable to use my cooldowns at the proper time (my notebook video drive has a love/hate relationship with the TOR client and sometimes chooses to freeze up at the most inopportune times for a few agonizingly long seconds). The bulk of people are polite and courteous regarding loot rolls and everyone seems to have a pretty good time (even in the HMFP I didn't finish, the players were at least nice).

The loot is fine overall. Two people per run will be getting something in the Black Market range and we're all coming out with commendations to help out when RNG has got you down. I started running HMFP as soon as I had full basic gear (sans relics) and in the two to three weeks I've been doing them, I've picked up four Black Market upgrades. So, basically, in a month and a half, I'll likely gear cap my character unless I choose to start trying operations. That seems about right to me.

Just my 2 credits.

Disclaimer: I realize that playing a competent tank goes a long way to making the experience more enjoyable as I control my destiny to a much larger degree (both in queue times and in run fluidity). But, that's the reward given for the responsibilities that come with the role.

I truely hate when complain about blue loot drops. Would you be happy if it was epic quality? You can do HM with a group only in Campaign/Black Hole gear. Its harder but doable. The blue gear is an upgrade to Campaign/ Black Hole. Last boss is suppose to drop the best gear in HM. They made it so bonus boss were worth killing.

Ever since I got to level 55 and my gear to the 66 (basic comms) level, I've been attempting run the lvl 55 hard mode flashpoints

These are designed to drop upgrades if you don't already have 66 gear.

You have the gear that these FP's are designed to give... meaning you have outgeared the FP's, and yet you want them to drop better gear?

Do ops, they drop stuff that would be an upgrade.

I don't mean to complain, and I know with the snarkiness of the people who generally post on the forums, I am going to catch a lot of negative feedback and or elitist responses, but I feel like I just can't hold my tongue anymore. And before I begin I would like to mention that I am a subscriber so I feel I have a right to be heard.

Ever since I got to level 55 and my gear to the 66 (basic comms) level, I've been attempting run the lvl 55 hard mode flashpoints and I must say I am very disappointed with how terrible the system is handled, especially the loot is off the first couple bosses. Blue 66 gear... really? If you get a good PUG/LFG group things can run somewhat smoothly, but in many cases this is not the norm. I'm talking about groups with tanks who have tunnel vision "face-rollers", don't use their cool downs or taunts properly, don't attempt to hold agro or know the mechanics of tanking to begin with but queue as tank for a quick hmfp pop OR under-geared party members (dps and healers especially). In these instances the repair costs are going to leave you broke. Generally I pay 5000 per wipe or in some instances more depending on your gear.

So in retrospect, when you're using the LFG tool or PUG playing a dps (or sometimes even healing) class, having to wait on average 1-2 hours to get into a 55 hmfp group, (and you'll be less inclined to drop the group even after several wipes because you don't want to drop group for fear of having another ungodly wait) when the group finally does down the first few bosses and only see useless blue level gear and only 2 elite comms drop... you feel VERY disappointed! If you are like me anyway, you feel ripped off or insulted.

Also I would like to mention, the "new" hmfps only have 3 regular bosses and 1 bonus boss (if its a bad group you'll end up skipping the bonus especially when there are several wipes). After the first 2 blue drops that leaves only a slim chance that something good will drop off the last boss. So when something good does drop the chance that it will go to you is very minimal. When this happens I feel like I paid outrageous repair costs just to gear another player. I dread doing using the "looking for group" tool to do my daily/weekly FP missions, because I know the chance for me getting something useful is very slim. And the few amount of comms rewarded aren't worth it either.

Now I am not the type to complain and not offer any useful solutions. So here are a few...

No more blue level 66 drops off the first couple bosses. (Save that for random mobs throughout the flashpoint, this will increase the chance of players wanting to kill everything instead of skipping groups.)

Increase the number of comms that do drop off the bosses. (Make it worth our while!)

Fix the loot table so 2 pieces of USEFUL gear drops from bosses! (So everyone gets a chance to get something they might need.)

Increase the amount of credits that drop off of the regular mobs. (To help keep repair costs down.)

Again these are just my suggestions that could easily be implemented into the flashpoints so we don't feel like we are wasting our time queueing up. Things have GOT to change, otherwise people are going to get more annoyed with the game. Thank you for reading. :D

Sadly, from EA/Bioware's perspective this is a no-win situation. They can keep it the way it is and there will be people unsatisfied like the OP because they feel there's not enough 'goodies' to entice them to run these FP's. On the other hand if they did increase the quality of loot, increase the number of comms that dropped etc., guaranteed there'd be posts in here about gearing up being too easy and happening too quickly.

As I said, a no-win situation.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.