Resolve or Overkill augments?

Raansu

I looked about for an answer to this, and it appeared that Resolve is the way to go.

Willpower boosts crit chance aswell as damage, but obviously we have to be aware of the returns from investing heavily into one stat. I am at about 2700 Willpower (with the Re-useable Nano-Infused stim and buffs) I recently swapped out my level 50 Overkill mods for level 55 Resolves, and the associated crit chance increase is nice.

So, whilst Power gives more damage by .1 or .2 I believe that Willpower, as our primary stat is best invested in.

:)

I looked about for an answer to this, and it appeared that Resolve is the way to go.

Willpower boosts crit chance aswell as damage, but obviously we have to be aware of the returns from investing heavily into one stat. I am at about 2700 Willpower (with the Re-useable Nano-Infused stim and buffs) I recently swapped out my level 50 Overkill mods for level 55 Resolves, and the associated crit chance increase is nice.

So, whilst Power gives more damage by .1 or .2 I believe that Willpower, as our primary stat is best invested in.

:)

exactly 0.23 - 0.222 = 0.008 for bonus damage

exact;y 0.17 - 0.1554 = 0.0146 for bonus healing

fully augmented = 448 points in willpower vs power

bonus damage power = 103.04

bonus damage willpower = 99.456

bonus healing power = 76.16

bonus healing willpower = 69.6192

Edited by eventidephoenix

This is what I've always used. You use resolve augments till you hit ur ideal crit % u want. Then after that is reached you go for power. No point in using resolve once crit is reach if power is gonna get u more dmg.

So,

I have around 2980 odd Willpower, a mix of Force Lord MK-1 and MK-2 gear, 100% Accuracy, and around 23% Crit and 70% Surge (I think the Surge is around 70%). All of my gear is augmented with Advanced Resolve 28 augments.

Damage is fantastic, in most fights, with the Force Cloak > Spinning Kick > Shadowstrike > Force Potency > Clairvoyant Strike > Project > Force Breach > as the mainstay of my rotation. I think if I wanted to squeeze the most out of my build, I could switch some augments to Overkill, but I bet the outcome is small.

I wondered if I have to much Willpower, it bares looking into.

I've been stacking pure power, and I must say, I'm on a power trip. I'm still using most my min/maxed EWH still since the partisan isn't adding any bonus dmge and with a couple conqueror pieces. As the bolster is right now, I've noticed it gives you a decent main stat bonus, but doesn't touch power. So, I've been letting the bolster handle my mainstat while i've been stacking my power.

This may change when I start getting more conqueror gear, but so far its overkill all the way. Half my gear is old with old augments, and my melee bonus damage is climbing up to 840 in the old stuff. My crit rating is low, but I still see alot of 6k-7k breach/ projects, 5@4.5k FiB, 9k SS, and am up there in damage with most the jedi knights.

I'm not saying that all power is the best way to go. I'm just saying i'm having a blast with it.

the FACT is, it doesn't matter. the difference is so miniscule it won't make a difference in your parse. i take it back, it may make a .025 difference (purely conjecture, but maths be crazy stupid hard)

don't believe me?

then you do the math.

here are the equations, go to town on 'em

Primary (& Secondary where appropriate) Stat Contribution: 0.20 * Rating

Power Stat Contribution: 0.23 * Rating

Primary (& Secondary where appropriate) Stat Contribution to critical: 20% * (1 - (1- (0.01/0.2))^(Rating/55/5.5))

per http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-1190.html

dang it sucks when logic makes sense.

Edited by leijae

I've been stacking pure power, and I must say, I'm on a power trip. I'm still using most my min/maxed EWH still since the partisan isn't adding any bonus dmge and with a couple conqueror pieces. As the bolster is right now, I've noticed it gives you a decent main stat bonus, but doesn't touch power. So, I've been letting the bolster handle my mainstat while i've been stacking my power.

This may change when I start getting more conqueror gear, but so far its overkill all the way. Half my gear is old with old augments, and my melee bonus damage is climbing up to 840 in the old stuff. My crit rating is low, but I still see alot of 6k-7k breach/ projects, 5@4.5k FiB, 9k SS, and am up there in damage with most the jedi knights.

I'm not saying that all power is the best way to go. I'm just saying i'm having a blast with it.

Later i am going to test which is best I have just stacked my crit to 20% without the buff so i will see how it goes. I have been full power and getting 9-10k SS and 6-7 breaches

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.