Promised Name Changes coming with 2.1?

ObiRadd

we were told Name changes were in the pipe. I know 2.1 is titled Customization. Since it deals so heavily with our characters and such, I figured this might be where we get name changes, but it wasn't mentioned in the video. Can we by chance get a clarification on if it will be, and if not, how soon after?

we were told Name changes were in the pipe. I know 2.1 is titled Customization. Since it deals so heavily with our characters and such, I figured this might be where we get name changes, but it wasn't mentioned in the video. Can we by chance get a clarification on if it will be, and if not, how soon after?

Yep, it will be in 2.1.

"Will the Designer's features extend beyond the obvious to greater options like character's name or maybe gender?

Character Renames will also be coming in Game Update 2.1 and can be found in the unlock section of the Cartel Market. Gender changes are not in the plans."

from: http://www.swtor-rp.com/home/m/1639454/article/1454938

They've apparently decided to release a lot of this information through the fan sites and then not provide links to that information here so it takes some digging to find it.

Nice, but the naming situation will forever be a sore subject to many of us. The whole point of early access to many of us was to claim our names and that was utterly disregarded in the server merges. Will they at least wipe the names from unused accounts of say 3+ months so that there's real names available again.

Name change option is only good for ninja and troll players..

Dont understand the interest in this option...

I imagine there are a number of people that named themselves something they thought was cute or funny at one time but eventually regretted it. Thats the group it will appeal to the most. I doubt it appeals to trolls as much as you think it does.

Nice, but the naming situation will forever be a sore subject to many of us. The whole point of early access to many of us was to claim our names and that was utterly disregarded in the server merges. Will they at least wipe the names from unused accounts of say 3+ months so that there's real names available again.

If you had to change it - it's 100% your fault for being unoriginal.

If you had to change it - it's 100% your fault for being unoriginal.

Really? What's the odds of a fellow Indian (American in this case, as in Native American), using a rare dialect of my native tongue, of a language hardly spoken, naming their characters the same as mine? Apparently pretty high. Lol. Found out I'm related to them (a distant 3rd cousin second removed or something along those lines). Nothing beats having to change the names on 8 of 8 characters. It also doesn't change the fact it was poorly handled. Period. Otherwise we never would have got the boxes we got as an apology.

Edited by jason_ralph

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.