Remember when this video came out? (2009 gamescom)

Jemfisto

Wow! I remember how excited I was for the game after seeing this full gameplay demo of the black talon.

What were your thoughts of this then, and what about now? That flashpoint is so different!

Honestly? If the game released looking like that, I would have never even bought it. Mind you, I wasn't moved or interested in the game until about ...4 days from launch? I don't remember. But trailers don't do it for me.

Hehe....yeah I'm one of those people that had no interest in this game at all until I played the beta weekend. I'm pretty sure that if I had watched that trailer back in 2009 I would have been even less interested. Glad they went with different hair styles. :D

I remember being overly excited, hyping this game up on the forums, and then being sorely disappointed in it's release. Why do I still play? After a long hiatus, and some lowered expectations, I can play this game casually on my new rig while I wait for newer and better games.

I recall getting hyped watching that trailer, fun to see it again. :) The game has come a long way since that though. Funny that the republic were using what looks like HK droids.

Wow! I remember how excited I was for the game after seeing this full gameplay demo of the black talon.

What were your thoughts of this then, and what about now? That flashpoint is so different!

I was pretty hyped about the game back then...in fact i probably liked the game more before it came out.

Ahh the good ol' pre-launch times!

Seeing that clip again sure gives some perspective to how far the game has developed - particular the interface. Only down side from pre-launch to now was the lack of killing companions and fit them for what role you wanted. That is something I would give my left nut for.

I do have to say I prefer some aspects of the old graphics to now. Obviously the whole game looks much crisper but I do think in certain ways some of it took a step back.

The combat seemed a bit more visceral, and the sounds of blasters/lightsabers sound a bit more clear. It seems like there's more blocking and reacting to attacks, plus plenty of sparks from the lightsaber.

compare

to

Also, the clothing looks a lot more like cloth than some plasticy material, which is what the current game looks like.

compare http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7r6x3WU9uIT=6m4s

to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7r6x3WU9uIT=6m4s

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Edited by MillionsKNives

This trailer got me so hyped. I watched that video multiple times when it was released.

It's sad though because that and other dev comments led me to believe ALL FPs would be a story heavy as that.

I remember when i first watched this video. I was like boooyaa oooweeee.

Yea i was excited and hyped for the remaining long wait ahead of me. It really didnt matter what game i was in at the time, my mind was on this game releasing. The vid is certainly outdated now and im glad that the UI is not what it was back then. ( im assuming that UI was used for testing purposes only )

Good times there watching that again. Another good one is BW advertising the eternal vault operation lol......yea im gonna go watch that one now. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.