What gear should I be aiming for? 156-162 level

Kadin

Arsenal Merc with 156 gear with a couple pieces of 148 that are ready to get some 162s.

So normally, before 2.0 launched, I was usually going with Crit/Surge up to about 30/70 if I could. Recently I've read a few different threads saying that Crit is now our enemy and to go full Power. Again, this is just based on others data, not mine.

So I'm doing my HM 55's and trying to gear up and honestly I'm a bit clueless on what I'm after now. I'm looking on the Elite vendor and I have the Boltblaster's gear (which I'd normally get in a heartbeat) and then there's the Med-Tech's which I'd get if I was Bodyguard.... but I'm not.

I need the bracers and waist right now and both of those look better, from what I understand now, with the Med-Tech's versions. Am I correct in my thinking or have I misunderstood these other threads I've read?

Thanks and please, set me straight... I can take it! :D

If any of those pieces are without crit rating (and have low endurance, high power), then those would be the pieces you use. I am using medtech implants, belt and wrists for my 172 BiS setup.

Three stats really.

Accuracy/Surge

Power

Accuracy to 100 (110 for specials) remainder in surge, ignore alacrity, you have 5% from talents

As much power as possible, relics allow many options of random and spiky boosts here

Minor fiddling is irrelevant since the randomness of parsing will mean that small differences in stats get smothered by margins of error.

As far as damage boosting goes power and accuracy (til 100/110) have priority stat for stat and all else being equal.

Aim augments are preferable due to a 14% bonus from talent/buff.

Not all classes have 14%, some have 11% some just 5% so they might be better with Power.

Edited by Gyronamics

The amount of crit per point was lowered in 2.0 AND the amount of multi per point of surge was lowered

Crit competes with Power but is now worse at increasing damage than before 2.0.

So we are stacking power to the roof and ignoring crit totally.

Edited by Gyronamics

The amount of crit per point was lowered in 2.0 AND the amount of multi per point of surge was lowered

Crit competes with Power but is now worse at increasing damage than before 2.0.

So we are stacking power to the roof and ignoring crit totally.

Does the same go for bodyguard mercs as well?

Can't give much of a opinion on healing spec except that instead of accuracy you swap in some alacrity since stacking surge to the max gives horrible diminishing returns per point.

But neither of those compete with Power or Crit so it's not a full answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Aim augments are preferable due to a 14% bonus from talent/buff.

Not all classes have 14%, some have 11% some just 5% so they might be better with Power.

Sorry can you explain to me in a bit more detail why Aim augments are better than Power? I don't fully understand this 14% stuff.

Thanks.

Sorry can you explain to me in a bit more detail why Aim augments are better than Power? I don't fully understand this 14% stuff.

Thanks.

If you have 100 Aim you get like .24 crit, and like 24.3 bonus damage. 100 power gives 25 bonus damage but 0% crit. thats why you want Aim > Power.